1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT Grande Punto Sport: KEMPI

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by NishanthNag, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Excellent picture Nishanth. All pictures are superb and in details.

Thanks for sharing.
    1 person likes this.
  2. NishanthNag

NishanthNag Amatore

Bengalooru
    Bengalooru
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Thanks Ravi :)
  3. bharathj85

bharathj85 Regolare

Chennai
    Nishanth Punto 90hP looks wonderful.
    1 person likes this.
  4. NishanthNag

NishanthNag Amatore

Bengalooru
    Bengalooru
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Thanks bharath :)... 90HP looks wonderful & drives you crazy too ... :redcar
  5. Lovely detailed pics mate. Make the car even more beautiful. Enjoy the ride mate.

And hey for Punto Sport Graphics, get it done through vinyl from a good number plate maker. it can be customized and will be great value for money. i had done it my Punto and it cost me around 2000rs with the roof. you can check out my thread in Punto 1.2 ownership report.
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2013
  6. NishanthNag

NishanthNag Amatore

Bengalooru
    Bengalooru
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Thanks Mihir, I wouldnt go for graphics, if i did probably will go with the OE. Had thought about the getting the gloss roof done, but will keep it pending till the first service or may be few more months. At times i think about keeping everything as it is - "Stock" :) , watch this space, may be i will go with Brand stickers like AutoMeter, RaceQuip .. Etc
  7. Auto Freak

Auto Freak Amatore

Chennai
    Your Punto looks gorgeous Nishanth!
    Beautiful pictures there! Loved the alloy's pic a lot!
    Happy miles ahead :)
  8. NishanthNag

NishanthNag Amatore

Bengalooru
    Bengalooru
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Thanks Auto Freak :) ... You too many more happy miles :)
    1 person likes this.
  9. NishanthNag

NishanthNag Amatore

Bengalooru
    Bengalooru
    Grande Punto 1.2
    KEMPI Goes On Long Drive: Bengalooru - Coimbatore

Few days back had been to Coimbatore to meet Muthu sir who is a Antique bike collector & restorer.

Here's few pics - experience - routes - roads & Of course few things to add about the 90HP !!! :-D

Departure:
    Bengalooru - Hosur - Krishnagiri - Salem - Coimbatore
    Return: Coimbatore - Coonor - Ooty - Masanagudi - Mysore - Bangalore
    Kilometers Covered - 750+ Kms

Started mid night since my other buddies were on their Apache 180 & Brand bew RE 350 TB & we wanted to ignore Mr.Sun & Ms.Sweat. Reset my AcA, Filled up the Tank for 1.5K. There we go, Roads were superb, apart there were few under construction road in between then & now. I also had change the speed buzzer from 120 to 140 :razz:, Krishnagiri & Salem highway are the best so far (in my Kempi) travelled with a constant speed of 110 - 130 KMPH. I was getting a mileage of 17.9 - 18.2 average, but what i understand from the drive is more you travel ... better the returns ... shift to 5th gear ... 2000 to 2500K RPM @120 KMPH constant for around 40 KMS ... Yipee got the best 23.7 KMPL :) . My thought of getting that figures were post the 1st service+Oil change :geek: .. Heeheehee ...

Since the travel was night, ofcourse there were trucks & more trucks ... Over taking them is such a pain with both lanes covered by 2. Shift to 3 gear , a small gap Zoopp you go, this is when you know that 90HP ..

Now the return part: Last day the roads were just highways, Today we took the Coimbatore - Coonor - Ooty - Masanagudi - Mysore - Bangalore which is Highway - City - Ghat Up - Ghat Extreme Down - Narrow Road with Chopped sides :) - City - Highway.

This is my first experience driving a diesel car in the ghats .. Narrow up's & Zig Zaks ... Thanks to the truck drivers who signal you by hand when you should be ready to over take & when not to ... There were around 16 hairpin during the hill climb , I hardly shifted to 1st & 2nd gear : around 3 times. Tried 5th .. I know i am stupid , just tried ... couldn't get more ... played around with 3rd & 4th gear perfect the rest she does ... but should admit, the lag power in 3 & 4 gear but it was ok to manage the complete up hill drive.

Then the roller coster drive from ooty to masanagudi ... we choose the short cut which has got around 36 deadly hairpin & the roads are 45 angle steep. My friend shared his last time experience going by the same route, his Zen's disc's were red hot fuming ... There were sign board "Use only 1st & 2nd gear" & "Check your brakes here". Since we entered the route by 530 & the roads both incoming & out are closed post 545PM we didn't had much of in-coming traffic. Started the engine, off we went to experience the roller coster ride :) ... Brakes were amazing, i hardly went to 3rd gear, rather was happy with the 4th & 5th ... Thansk to the convex mirrow at the hairpin bends. This is when i felt not just the aerodynamics matters (for higways) , but also the body weight ratio. Kempi scoops the corners of the hairpin with not a single problems. I bet car with 2 people in it take the curves like that ! I doubt if light weight champ swift can do the same (since the company is behind weight reduction & improving mileage) :hit No offence to my Swift owning cousins ... Cheers

Then entered the forest (Masinagudi), Road were good with no path holes but the road were narrow with chopped side & only 1 vehical at a time (No overtaking) & hell lot of humps then & now almost every 1 KMS.

Over all verdict:
    90HP worth it for up hills & higways
    Enough ground clearance for the forest chopped roads
    High beams & Fogg lamps - best way to commu with the truck drivers hahaha ..
    Better mileage on the higways
    If your Punto AC is worth in Coimbatore, its worth in any part of India :)
    Pefect Braking & body weight ratio for down hill drive
    EBD & ABS at their best
    Seating & Pedals - found no back pain at all, did the complete to/fro drive by me alone - Thumbs up , thanks to the constant acceleration for the highways !!

Attaching few pics from the travel, more pics coming soon, till then cheers...

P1070397.jpg P1070405.jpg P1070525.jpg
    9 people like this.
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    NIshant,
    Awesome Pics. Red Hot fire with thunder around...

thats the beauty of this car ,never feel stressed though being hatchback in its segment.
    i have done continous(with 2 to 3 stops) drive for 16 hours from Mumbai to Hyderabad.