1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT Grande Punto Sport: KEMPI

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by NishanthNag, Feb 6, 2013.

1. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Washing, wiping and vacuuming are done at the same place. In a row, you will see the first car being wiped after wash, the second one being vacuumed before wash. Dust from one car is just transported to another. Post wash, your car might come back messy unless you are some one known for creating a ruckus at each visit.
  2. NishanthNag

NishanthNag Amatore

Bengalooru
    Bengalooru
    Grande Punto 1.2
    @ Vecto Motors:

VECTO.png
    2 people like this.
  3. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ^^ Those are useful details :up Washing area looks promising at least. Till date, haven't got the washing done at FASS except during first service. Somehow not comfortable with the wash and wipe practises followed. I prefer getting it done by my reliable car cleaner guy.

Sent from Lumia using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  4. NishanthNag

NishanthNag Amatore

Bengalooru
    Bengalooru
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Yes, this time it was improved & fast. I didn't wanted to get the water wash done had thoughts of DIY. Later when i checked the bay & the guys were using good microfiber cloth & was clean too. So opted for water wash :).

FYI: Refer Update on 1st service: Completed: Post # 108 on http://www.teamfiat.co.in/punto-1-3-mjd-90-hp/9169-fiat-grande-punto-sport-kempi-11.html
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2014
  5. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    I too do not prefer to get it washed at the service center. Though Vecto has this automated wash and are using microfiber cloths, I am somehow not comfortable getting it done there. I either clean up the car myself or if short of time or lazy, I go to 3M Car care.
    2 people like this.
  6. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    I think someone need to suggest to change the entrance and exit for the vecto :p, is it not causing problems to the both (incoming and outgoing) vehicles?
    or is the plot just for the washing area within service center?
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  7. NishanthNag

NishanthNag Amatore

Bengalooru
    Bengalooru
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Sorry my bad ... did the layout thing on MSP !! Not at all, Vecto have parking space adjacent to water area & there are 2 separate building a) reception & Service Bay area - above them is the showroom. b) next building for wash \ air dry \ Polish :p. Wish there was Tar road instead of present mud road !!!

Check here: for better idea :D Service @ Vecto Motors, Bengaluru
  8. NishanthNag

NishanthNag Amatore

Bengalooru
    Bengalooru
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Update: KEMPI @ 14,000 KMS – Interior & Exterior DIY Detailing:

Have been planning for complete cleanup – to be specific “Get rid of the swirl marks, minor scratches, bird dropping, alloys cleanup, engine bay clean, tar marks on body side & get back the gloss showroom finish”.

(PS: I am not sure, if the below process is recommended, I have tried and I am very much satisfied). You have nothing to lose much in trying out things especially if you have them handy at home …

Process I followed:

1. Vacuum cleaning – Interiors / Engine bay / AC vents / Carpet.
    2. Polished – Door Pads / Dashboard / knobs.
    3. Body exterior diesel cleaning – for tar stains removal.
    4. Soak & wash car cover – It gets dirty !! no matter you park inside out !! I was every month once – no soap, just water wash !!
    5. Soft wet Brush cleaning with shampoo / soap water – to get rid of the while scaled dust surrounding the decals / mirror corners / front grille / engine bay dirt & oil removal.
    6. Pressure Water wash – in my case I was using Karcher.
    7. Soap pressure water wash – leaving it to soak for 5-10 minutes.
    8. Sponge dip water wash – washed with lot of soap dipped sponge (no scrubbing, just wipe wash)
    9. Again water pressure wash – exterior + engine bay + tyre + alloys
    10. Air blow – Make sure you first air blow the engine area & then window panel … mirror panels … Rear glass corners .. so on
    11. Upon clean wipe with a carbon fiber cloth (for having a rust free door – hope you are clean wiping below door panel (just above the running board)

Now time to hog some (lotta) food
    Reason 1: You have almost spent ¾ of your energy by now
    Reason 2: You have most physical activity yet to start .. Hahaha .. & you would need lotta energy to complete below thing (at least I needed)

12. Make sure there ain’t dust on the body.
    13. Decide if you want to do part by part or side by side …
    14. Since I was waxing & polishing the rubber parts I didn’t mask (Rubber part / beadings / head lamp / glass
    15. Apply the compound on the body, sprinkle some water since the paste get hardened upon exposing – Buff the parts with a sponge pad in linear form (To & Fro method) I had set the speed to 1.5 & for top 2.
    16. To remove the buffed compound you can use cotton waste – again in linear manner. I used a different fur pad @ speed 5.
    17. For not reachable place I used ear bud & cotton waste
    18. Once the above 2 steps were completed, I waxed & polished – didn’t use the machine – instead I used the fur pad.
    19. Cleaned the compound stain here & there with a clean cotton waste. (there are 2 types of waste, don’t use the black or thread type) use cotton white waste.
    20. Windshield & glass were cleaned – interior first then the exterior (it’s easy to find the stain from outside – vice versa)
    21. Applied glass treatment liquid for the exterior front & rear windshield (help in water drop not staying on the glass – so no water mark – helpful during rainy season / when wiper used.
    22. Cotton waste cleaning for the alloys – used the glass cleaner here.
    23. Polished the tyre.
    24. Cleaned all the rubber / plastic parts & head lamps / fog lamps.

What next? Jack up all the wheels before getting 15K wheel alignment & rotation, DIY: paint the calipers / Add a replica rear drum disc plate / wash the alloys from inside …

Here are the Pics !!! For your eyes only J … day after above work, along joined Punter Jassi bro and both zoomed to the highway J ….

P1080678.jpg

P1080679.jpg

P1080680.jpg

P1080683.jpg

P1080684.jpg

P1080686.jpg

P1080687.jpg

P1080688.jpg

P1080689.jpg

P1080691.jpg

P1080693.jpg

P1080694.jpg

P1080696.jpg

P1080697.jpg

P1080698.jpg

P1080700.jpg

P1080705.jpg

P1080709.jpg

P1080710.jpg

P1080711.jpg

P1080714.jpg

P1080716.jpg

P1080719.jpg

P1080720.jpg

P1080727.jpg

P1080728.jpg

P1080729.jpg

P1080731.jpg
    3 people like this.
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Excellent work, and it came out rally nice and shining. How much time it took to do everything?

The pictures are good too.
    1 person likes this.
  10. NishanthNag

NishanthNag Amatore

Bengalooru
    Bengalooru
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Thanks Ravi :) ... Almost spent 5 - 6 hours excluding interior vacuum & Tar removal. Just loving the gloss & smooth body finish.
    I see dust accumulating on the body bez of the static. Since i use Jopasu duster before covering, hardly see any dust after Duster wipe :D Also i hardly see any swirl marks now. Thanks again.