1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT Grande Punto Sport: KEMPI

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by NishanthNag, Feb 6, 2013.

1. NishanthNag

NishanthNag Amatore

Bengalooru
    Bengalooru
    Grande Punto 1.2
    KEMPI: Monsoon Fever “Rainy clouds come floating in…Not to muddy my days, but to make me calm, happy and hopeful.”

Update: 9000+ Kilometers, Vacuumed+Cleaned+Soap’D+Washed “All that glitters ain't GOLD !!! it’s the damn KEMPI

Thanks for the Expected*Unexpected Monsoon “Namma Bengalooru Sakkath Maga” !!!
    Washing my babies during weekend was fun, seeing them clean & tidy feels me good. But.. very next moment you wash & wipe clean .. there was some rain!! So had not washed my KEMPI for almost 3+weeks. Finally couldn’t see her dirty & picked up my little soldier team - KARCHER K2.110, Euroclean Vacuum cleaner, Kulkarni blow machine, Soap liquids, Brush, COLTZ Wax polish, Clean Cham Micro fiber cloth & Silicone Glaze.

My Dad’s Law of Cleaning: is what I follow, whether it’s for my cars or bikes …

1. Remove all the floor mats. Blow as much as dust in the corners. On the Sucker! I mean on the vacuum cleaner.
    2. Get as much as mud removed – Top to bottom – I use KARCHER
    3. Spray as much as soap liquid – Give it time to soak nicely for about 5-7 minutes max (Too much gap ain’t a good thought)
    4. Then keep the water diluted soap water in another spray can – as I use micro fiber cloth I use diluted soap water simultaneously (make sure the running board & mud flaps place are cleaned in the last)
    5. Alloys.. I love them sparking! – Special treatment, I use Colgate tooth paste (not the gel type), rub it on the alloys with the best tool – Tooth brush
    6. Then one more round of KARCHER shower – Side ways .. Top to bottom … Under body … Last part alloys
    7. I don’t wipe the body as soon as I am done with the wash part, by then I clean & polish the interior’s
    8. Wiping part starts (Body, detailing the chrome decals, Door columns, grill – where the hell did so much dust accumulate!)
    9. I don’t clean the engine bay very frequently (just check the Oil level / Viper water)
    10. How i feel ( Refer to the last Pic) .. i am MAD !!

P1080237.jpg

P1080240.jpg

P1080241.jpg

P1080242.jpg

P1080244.jpg

P1080245.jpg

P1080248.jpg

P1080250.jpg

P1080252.jpg

P1080255.jpg

P1080256.jpg

P1080261.jpg

P1080263.jpg

P1080266.jpg

P1080337.jpg

P1080339.jpg

PS.jpg
    9 people like this.
  2. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Nice DIY wash bro! How much did that equipment cost you?

Loved the last pic.
    1 person likes this.
  3. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    The Karcher has a foamer attachment right? Why dint you use that for foaming the whole car.
    By the way, awesome results. Sparkling new. Good to have own washing equipment. It avoids the swirl marks.

- - - Merged Post - - -

The Karcher has a foamer attachment right? Why dint you use that for foaming the whole car.
    By the way, awesome results. Sparkling new. Good to have own washing equipment. It avoids the swirl marks.
    1 person likes this.
  4. NishanthNag

NishanthNag Amatore

Bengalooru
    Bengalooru
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Thanks Bud, I bought it almost 2 years ago, paid 8K (along with the dirt blaster, i got a Karcher PS 40 Power Floor Scrubber for High Pressure Cleaner as Introductory Offer). :)
  5. NishanthNag

NishanthNag Amatore

Bengalooru
    Bengalooru
    Grande Punto 1.2
    This model didn't come with the soap tray, but there is a pipe inlet which needs to be dipped into the soap container (refer pic below 1.) - i need to lengthen the existing short inlet pipe & since its placed very low - i was unable to find a container suitable !!

Or may have to buy add-on accessories which can be attached to the existing dirt blaster - Refer Pic 2 - which i don't have in my present kit :)

Thanks. I prefer Karcher instead of the close competitor BOSCH - build quality, variety of add-on options & color "YELLOW" !! :D

Yes the after results are good & i prefer DIY @ home instead going for Branded Car wash / local water servicing shops ;) .. (Planning to take KEMPI to branded shops once a year for her B'day) :D

karcher.jpg
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2013
  6. NishanthNag

NishanthNag Amatore

Bengalooru
    Bengalooru
    Grande Punto 1.2
    KEMPI gets her first punch !! :(

Yesterday, a Budda A** H*** after the signal kissed KEMPI's back. Though there are no punch marks nor dint, the sound of collision was huge, side parked & checked 2 name plate parking lights were hanging & very minor scratch on the number plate space, but due to the impact i think the bumper bent & got released causing 0.3 - 0.4 mm gap between the body & bumper. Checked at my friends BOSCH service center & he quoted the bumper needs to be replaced since the joints are cut on one side. Can anyone share the price of the complete new rear bumper? and whats your opinion on claiming insurance - though this is a 50-50 since its plastic claims. I am worried about the No Claim bonus.

I will be visiting FIAT SC to remove the bumper & check if they can fix the existing bumper. (Bumper is still fit & i don't even see it loose or hanging - apart from the gap i mentioned above), hopefully i don't see surprises after removing !!! :eek:
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2013
  7. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

The bumper doesn't have any locks to break. They are secured with screws, in case of bending, they can be corrected by heating it with a heat lamp. Are you reverse and rear fog lamps intact? If so, no need to replace the bumper.

Post pics if possible.
  8. NishanthNag

NishanthNag Amatore

Bengalooru
    Bengalooru
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Thanks DRIV3R thanks for sharing your views.
    Had taken appointment & had been to Vecto Motors last week, the SA had a check & confirmed that there is no internal damage (no broken part), he advised me to get it fixed (tighten the screws) from local garage. Same day had been to Paramount (JP Nagar) got the rear bumper fixed :) .. costed me 250/-. Yesterday washed KEMPI, polished, buffed - now hardly there are any visible scratches apart from a minor scratch near the name plate border. KEMPI looks as good as early now :D ... no gaps at all ...

FYI:

Karthik (Service Adviser) is replaced by Niranjan. As quoted by him.

New Rear Bumper: 2500/- (Stock Black without color)
    New Bumper Paint: 3500/-
    Insurance Covered: Paint 75% , Bumper 50%
  9. NishanthNag

NishanthNag Amatore

Bengalooru
    Bengalooru
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Update: KEMPI crossed the 5 digit ODO mark during our recent trip to Coorg last week .. :smile:

Issue: No major niggles found so far apart from,

> Number plate light error "Check number plate light".
    > ORVM control toggle switch seems to be hard to click, getting constant mileage of 18-19 max - earlier i used to get 21-22 kmpl on highway drive - Time to check the filter ??
    > Thick cool air from the AC vents - doesn't last longer than few seconds

Pics Below: for your eyes only !!!Update: KEMPI crossed the 5 digit ODO mark during our recent trip to Coorg ..

Issue: No major niggles found so far apart from,

> Number plate light error "Check number plate light".
    > ORVM control toggle switch seems to be hard to click, getting constant mileage of 18-19 max - earlier i used to get 21-22 kmpl on highway drive - Time to check the filter ??
    > Thick cool air from the AC vents - doesn't last longer than few seconds

Pics Below: for your eyes only !!!

IMG_5176.jpg

IMG_5177.jpg

IMG_5179.jpg

IMG_5188.jpg

IMG_5211.jpg

IMG_5297.jpg
    6 people like this.
  10. NishanthNag

NishanthNag Amatore

Bengalooru
    Bengalooru
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Help - Suggestion Required:

Hi Team, i am facing following problem on my KEMPI, not sure whats the actual cause. Any suggestion ??

1. I see hot air flow through the center vents even though AC is switched off *completely. At times even thick air flow is seen - but very rare & doesn't last long.
    2. 2 weeks 2 new pen drive (4GB & 2GB) gone bad. Was playing perfectly & all of a sudden - i see the songs ain't playing :( . Connected the drive to laptop & the drive are visible under My Comp but unable to open - says insert drive. What could be the reason? What is going wrong? Could be issue with the power fluctuate to USB?

Update: KEMPI @ 11111 + KMS

1. FE is back to place - not sure what went wrong few 100 kms ago, there was 2-4 km mileage drop. KEMPI back to 18-21 KMPL mileage now :)
    2. Planning to DIY buffing & polishing at home this weekend (If it doesn't rain) - wait for the pics :)