1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT Grande Punto Sport: KEMPI

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by NishanthNag, Feb 6, 2013.

1. NishanthNag

NishanthNag Amatore

Bengalooru
    Bengalooru
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Thanks Zenwalker, Yes it is .. no second thought about it ... i have accepted your request .. congrats on the choice, will wait for your reviews & lot of pics ... is there any mods that can be made to have that option ? mine is a 2012 end make :( can you list the changes / options avail in the refreshed GP models for me please ? thanks again ..

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thanks Nadeem, is the headlamp covered under warranty ? Yes, Zenwalker confirmed the same too ... yes, pilot got complete control of the flight :p specially the audio hahaha ... any idea what make / model system is provided in the new makes ?
  2. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    KHT SA Mr. Sandesh had said to me that they had tested the same remote working on 2013 non Refreshed models and they seem to work, but not on 2012 models. But downside is that FIAT doesnt sell Remote alone. What a shame!!

Summary on Changes:
    Gun metal Alloy
    Pearl white instead of BNW
    Remote control for audio
    Gear box tweaks -> As per SA.

You can read my TD thread of GP.
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2013
  3. NishanthNag

NishanthNag Amatore

Bengalooru
    Bengalooru
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Thanks for the updates, remote test to be checked on my car during my first service :) ... also will try with blue-tooth application on Ericsson phone if at all it works !!! Cool, there is nothing much we (Pre- 2013 non refreshed GP owners) missed apart from the remote. Was there any gear ration changed when you say Tweaks ?? can you PM me your thread on GP please ?
  4. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
  5. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    ya i think the headlamp is covered under warranty..you are right..pilot got complete control of his cockpit..i dont hav idea about which make system is provided in new punto..but some say audio sound is good in new punto..
  6. NishanthNag

NishanthNag Amatore

Bengalooru
    Bengalooru
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Thanks for the info Zenwalker. Looking for ownership report once you get your ride home :)

- - - Merged Post - - -

That's good news, let me confirm if its dirt or crack before replacement :). Hearing both good & not so good review on the audio quality apart from the remote. Lets wait for more clarification on it :D
  7. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @Nishant,

Yesterday SA said the Remote control can be used on the 2012 models audio systems too. But at the moment its not available from the spares as a separate module. See if you can get in touch with the SA of yours and pull out a piece for you.
  8. NishanthNag

NishanthNag Amatore

Bengalooru
    Bengalooru
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Update on 1[SUP]st[/SUP] service: Completed

Finally the long await to get KEMPI’s 1[SUP]st[/SUP] service is done at Vecto Motors, B’lore on 4[SUP]th[/SUP] July, 2013.
    KMS on ODO: 6685
    Total Diesel consumed: 412.26 liter (22,357/-)
    Per Km cost: 3.34/-
    First service bill: 240/- (Shampoo: 78.60/- + Consumables: 131)

Experience with Vecto Motors: My rating 8 / 10.

Reached the service center at 12 noon on 4[SUP]th[/SUP] July, 2013. Was greeted well & then SA Karthik had a quick check & listed all my issues & concerns. The ETA was evening 7PM. I was expecting it to be 2-3 hours Max since 1[SUP]st[/SUP] service didn’t had much to be covered. Due to high service intake Karthik couldn’t help, but he suggested to make it early in future (by 9AM) so that they can return the car at the earliest. Karthik informed he will call me once the service is done so that I can come back & take. I returned to Vecto at 7PM same day, KEMPI was at the wash area still without being washed. Karthik informed due to washing motor problem they couldn't get the wash done, so had to return next day for the wash.

Vecto should had made an attempt to call back the customer if there is any delay in delivery which wasn’t done. So I had to come on Friday for getting the water wash. Total process of water wash took around 45 minutes. Find below the photos. The water wash bay is good & guys out there do good job (Wash+Cleaning+Polish). Area of improvement, need to use good cloth while cleaning & the running board / under body / Alloy wheel wasn’t cleaned at all (My Kärcher does better job). Wash area boys apply polish on the gear knob & steering wheel – which needs to be advised not to be followed. Drying process was taken care well too.

Taken care of during the 1[SUP]st[/SUP] service:

C pillar plastic – Fixed.
    No, Oil change wasn't requested.
    Wheel alignment + balancing - Done.
    Head lamp crack was reported – Shocked to hear this answer from the SA that “It is common in all Punto” - & he showed me 3 Punto which had the same crack – it’s a defect in fact ! – He confirmed it can be replaced under warranty – I shall be getting it replaced during the 15K service.
    AC issue – Fixed.
    Reverse gear was getting stuck, even with full clutch – Issue seems solved now.
    Left front door, needed harsh close – Fixed.
    Rear mud flap – removed on request.
    Rear seat belt – one of the 3 lock wasn’t working. Karthik confirmed & showed in 2 more Punto. Confirmed that 1 of 3 lock acts dummy – reason unknown.

Update:

Sales Advisor Karthik confirmed that the remote available in new model Punto are universal & upon spare available it can be used in 2012 end+ makes/ model Punto.
    Can anyone confirm if Wheel rotation is taken care during 1[SUP]st[/SUP] service? – SA Karthik informed it is not!

Automated Wash: Water Spray + Shampoo

For your Eye Only:

P1080040.jpg

P1080045.jpg

P1080046.jpg

P1080047.jpg

P1080049.jpg

P1080053.jpg

P1080056.jpg

P1080058.jpg

P1080061A.JPG

P1080062.jpg

P1080074.jpg

P1080075.jpg

P1080077.JPG
    7 people like this.
  9. Guess I am the quite late in congratulating you on your new buy. Nishanth.

Neverthless, 90Hp is a Opt choice you have made it there. Good to see you clocking happy miles along with KEMPI :)

BTW, I just loved KEMPI and her BIG Brother. OT: How old is KEMPI's Brother ? [Just curious :p]
    1 person likes this.
  10. NishanthNag

NishanthNag Amatore

Bengalooru
    Bengalooru
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Chetu, thanks Bro. Yeah happy smiles & happy miles :) ... Jan 18th 2013 is the day ... On an average clocking 1K-1.5K a month :p