1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT Grande Punto Sport: KEMPI

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by NishanthNag, Feb 6, 2013.

1. NishanthNag

NishanthNag Amatore

Bengalooru
    Bengalooru
    Grande Punto 1.2
    FIAT Grande Punto Sport: KEMPI :redcar

ME, Myself & My ITALIAN BEAUTY: INTRO
    I got rich slowly with my very own efforts, thanks for my past & present employers and buying a car shows financial success! Doesn’t it? I say DAMN yes!!
    This is my second car in past 6.5 years, wanted to own a new HATCH... and since already had a PETROL head, was planning for a DIESEL.

Flash BACK:
    Drived a PUNTO Mid variant year back & was impressed with the ERGONOMICS & build. Later by the end of November 2012 decided to GIFT myself a POWERFULL diesel Trans for 2013. :dance

Process:
    Short listing process started: FIGO Titanium, MS SWIFT / DeZire, MS RiTZ, Skoda FABIA, HYN i20 & Chevy SAIL. FIAT "PUNTO”...!!! Oyo Oye!!

Disclaimer:
    No OFFENCE to owners who drive any of the below.

Cast & Contenders:
    FORD Figo: It’s like buying a lottery for 10/- and winning a MERCEDES, good features best in class, but the problem was with the ground clearance & out dated design - Reject
    MS SWIFT / DeZire: Already was fed up of their numbers on ROAD & wasn’t happy about the build quality. Beat this - you book one & wait for 8 MONTHS. Since already had a MS – Reject
    MS RiTZ: A tall BOY car with decent features, but since i am looking for a HIGHWAY drive almost weekly once or twice, wasn’t sure about RiTZ road grip - Reject
    SKODA Fabia: Nice car, cool features. Since we already had a FAB in home, buying another doesn’t seem worth. Also was stunned with the service BILLS. - Reject
    HYUNDAI i20: +2 for the FOLDABLE mirror & big REAR bench. But not INTRESTED with TIN Box - Reject
    Chevy SAIL: Directly goes into my Reject list.
    Villain: MS ERTIGA & VW POLO.

Story Line:
    AHA now comes the PUNTO: There were 3 version (76HP, 90HP & 90HP SPORTS) & 4 variants (Active, Dynamic, Emotion, 90HP). Had test driven both the HP's & YES features on both are same apart few gizmos here & there which were minor. But addition 16HP does make difference on HIGHWAYS. The price difference between 76HP & 90HP is just 50'G. Also the Engine is refined & performs well. YOU may or May not know the engine used in SWIFT, VISTA comes from FIAT PUNTO 76HP. Now time to tell dad that I’m buying a car which is the MOST POWERFULL HATCH in INDIA. KEMPI is ECONOMICAL & Filled with Features & SAFETY Package (Automatic Climate Control, Airbag(s), ABS, EBD, Blue & Me, Bluetooth Integration, ORVM Adjust, Literally a computer has been integrated & controlled not by a key board it’s done by the steering console).

Scripting: Replica from K3G movie, Situation: Dinner time:
    Me: Appaji, planning for another car.
    Dad: Why? What’s wrong with the one we have already?
    Me: I want a DIESEL.
    Dad: Ok, which one have you planned?
    Me: Punto Sports 90 HP
    Dad: Go for Maruthi Suzuki!! They have wide service NETWORK & Parts are available easy. Any problem, any Tom-D-Harry can repair it. Between what’s so special about Punto?
    Me: GrrrrrRRRR!!! Few seconds later... it’s the most POWER-full hatch in India.
    Dad: Renu (Mom), why is your son always behind power...power...power ... which RACE doesn’t he want to participate in? It’s your choice you are gonna drive it anyways. So GO FOR IT!!!
    Me: GrrrrrRRRR!!! Whatever, EOD he says OK!! Full Whistle. :dancing

Climax:
    Did the TD, Finally booked my car on 28th DEC 2012, fought for discounts & offers at the dealer & got the KEY's to POWER on 18th DEC 2013 :steering.

Stunt Unit:
    Concorde Motors, Bengalooru

Audience reviews & comments:
    1. Maga, ayo ninna you should had bought SWIFT or i20.
    2. Mileage illa maga !!
    3. Service center problem maga, no proper service from TATA.
    4. Wow, looks neat & got the killer looks.
    5. Congrats Dai. You made it.
    6. I would have bought a Duster instead.
    7. Few more G's you should have bought a Sunny or ERTIGA.
    8. Bought car, Bought house ... get ready for marriage now.
    9. Why did you book? You never told me. I hate you.
    10. Ree, Go for it, it’s the best car. I have been driving it for a year+, way far better than my SWIFT.
    12. No match macha, you made the right choice.
    13. Should had bought a Second hand diesel.
    14. Saale, how many cars & Bikes you own man, where do you keep your MONEY.
    15. Super Mam, next time pick me from AIRPORT.
    16. Drive SAFE, looks cool & your choice is always BEST. No matter what the choice is.
    17. You Bugger !! FIAT is a old car, my grand pa had one (He didn’t knew there were new model..he he)
    18. Mom: Your Grand Pa loved FIAT's & he owned 3, now it’s you. Go for it.
    19. Let’s go on a long drive, i am impressed. Oh your car super features, never knew car can TALK !!
    20. Sakkathagide maga, your choice always BEST.
    21. Congrats Anna, party yavaga?

Pepper & Salt: :drinks
    You LIVE only once & why think about saving few G's. You buy a car for yourself & you to ENJOY every miles. Never listen to what others say about the Pro's & con's about it, everyone have got their own version to say! Free Country i SAYS...Everyone talk about resale even before buying a car. That thought is so DUMB!! How can one ever think about it even before buying a car? You don’t buy a car to sell, you buy it for PLEASURE.

Posters:
    "KEMPI" that’s what i call my FIAT PUNTO MJD 90HP SPORTS RED EXOTICA!!! Remember FIAT makes FERRARI, ALFA ROMEO & MASERATI. BURN RUBBER NOT DIESEL.

Attaching 1st Pic taken during the PDI.

P1060453.jpg

Updates coming up by this weekend: Pics, 1500 kms Ownership so far, Minor Issues & Minor Mods.
    17 people like this.
  2. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore
    SUper ree.Nishanth...

Liked use of Kannada slang as well...

Wonderful intro..post more pics..where do u stay in B'lore?
    1 person likes this.
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    You have put your buying experience very nicely and very interesting to read.
    By seeing 1st picture, I am guessing we will have lots of quality pictures to follow.

Welcome to TFI, keep updating the thread.
    1 person likes this.
  4. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Welcome to TFI and a great intro I must say! Congrats for the Italian beauty. Awaiting ownership report and yes, as Ravi indicated, anticipating good pics as well :clap

Liked the 'Audience comments & review' sentionn :-D Happy and safe motoring your beast ....
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  5. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Welcome aboard and congrats on the car. Good choice :clap

Bang, i had very similar convo with my dad too. He projected the same views...

Hahaha.. i loved the audience section maga. Very nice. Swalpa Kannada touch kottidakke tumba kushi guru (Translation: Thanks for using kannada a bit)

From kempi - i am guessing urs a red GP right? Kempi as in kempamma? :p
    1 person likes this.
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Brilliant Intro! Audience reviews pretty much nailed it :evilsmile

Welcome aboard and heartiest congratulations. Great to have you here.

Cheers.
    1 person likes this.
  7. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

Welcome to TFI and a nice intro..

odo instrument light.. looks different.
    1 person likes this.
  8. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Welcome to TFI buddy...

Very very filmy introduction :)
    1 person likes this.
  9. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Congrats for having the Powerful hatch with you.
    Now convert your dad's thinking of FIAT to viceversa..
    1 person likes this.
  10. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Hi Nishanth, wonderful writeup.
    Nice intrestingly used words to make reading enjoyable :)

Wishing you lots of happy miles with the ride and looking forward to the pictures and more details about your experience with the ride.
    2 people like this.