1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Grande Punto Multijet - Ownership Review

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by senthilprabus, Sep 13, 2011.

1. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Grande Punto 1.4
    The only way is to adjust your driving style. Couple of things you can try.
    1. Drive in 1st or 2nd gear at speed breakers and potholes.
    2. At speed breakers free the brake at about couple of feet or so from them, and the suspension action enures that the under body doesnt scrape. You have to practise it to get used to it though.
    Have you ever been to concorde motors? I had some rattling issues in the first month. That was from the front left door. I got that fixed at Concorde and it never came back again. As for the seat belt locks and clips, the best way I think is to ensure that none of the pieces are left hanging behind the seats.
    SA s say "spare wheel in FIATs is just spare wheel and is only used in case emergency. Wheel rotation is fron to back and should not be cross"
    When we get a service station near our house or office we all tend to go there to get the work done. But once you identify a good service center it's better to deal with them. A lesson learnt the hard way.
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2011
  2. Hi Teky,
    I paid for wheel balance both the time for 1st and 2nd free service :-(.
  3. Thanks fiatlover,

I have already learnt the driving over potholes but in hard way :-(.
    I will check with concorde this time. I am yet to fix the door issue. So will check with them.
  4. anoop

anoop Superiore

Nice report, Senthil. I too feel the second service bill was a bit high. Do you really need to replace the air filter during first service?

Please do add few snaps.

If we have to pay for wheel alignment and balancing, better get it done from outside. I feel we need to pay for only the weights - all labor charges should be free during the free service.
  5. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Better late than never, Congrats on your Punto.

Enjoy many more happy miles Puntoing
  6. drarvindc

Hi senthilprabus ,

Very nice writeup, enjoyed reading the same. 15,00,000 kms ha ha (nice typo mistake), this should make you the senior most in terms of ODO reading. You can msg Mods to help you edit your first post. Hope to see pics of your beauty soon.

7. You added one more "0" :)
  8. mindsipn

Nice Review senthilprabus. Looking forward to the pics :). And by the way in you post you have mentioned "Mind you, the real parcel tray, glove box, seat belts tends to make irritating noise which is part of all cars. But you can always find a solution yourself without taking to service center."

Can you explain the steps you have taken to take care of these noise? I have thins irritating "kir kir kir" sound, almost like the sound coming out of springs installed in couch or a sofa set when you sit on them! You can can hear it sometimes going over a rough patch of road or for few seconds while turning off the ignition!. I feel its coming from somewhere near the glove box or the front console but not very sure :(
  9. Thanks anoop. I replaced air filter because I had problem with AC. Whenever I switch on, I used to get mild cold. This problem is still there. Any solution, please let me know?.
  10. Thanks anand, krishna and mindspin