1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Grande Punto MJD Emotion Pk

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by amit, May 23, 2010.

1. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Even I was wondering the same thing. My colleague didn't bother asking what it was as he went to pick up the car from service. But I will find out.

The car is on it's original set of brake pads. Braking is as good as it was when the car was new. I always say this, Punto's brakes are among the best!
  2. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Driving back from Chakan to Kharghar, Navi Mumbai yesterday, I kept seeing huge billboards all along the expressway from Tata.

"Pune to Mumbai in 7 Liters. Indica e v2. India's most fuel efficient car. 25Kmpl"

On reaching Kharghar, I checked for the mileage my car had returned and saw this on the MID.

MID.jpg

MID-1.jpg
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2011
  3. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    This, guys, is the best mileage I have got beating the 25.5Kmpl I got on the way back from Fiat factory (post 49). Come to think of it, the Punto returned better mileage then the Indica e v2 even back then!

Background on this mileage:

- one person in the car. No luggage.
    - Total Kms driven 112.
    - Tyre pressure 30 psi on all tyres.
    - Heavy rains in Chakan. Stretches of water logged road!
    - Car was driven normally. Short bursts to overtake specially on the narrrow Chakan MIDC roads showed MID flashing 8.8 kmpl at times.
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Now see how TATA is marketing its INDICA, why dont they make the same thing with FIAT Cars. Amit thats a great post. 26.2 kmpl thats FAB. Karizma or Bullet gives mileage of 30-35 kmpl & our PUNTO gives 26kmpl thats so wonderful. Kudos to FIAT.
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    That is insane!

Kudos to FIAT and your driving .

Gurjinder.
  6. darkshooter

darkshooter Amatore

Navi Mumbai
    Superb figures amit!!
  7. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    I actually drove normally and that's why the mileage figures are even more impressive! In fact, this has made me want to drive the next time trying to maximize mileage. I want to see if I can do 30kmpl!

Here is some data on my round trip.

Kharghar - Chakan - Kharghar - 112kms one way. Total kms driven 224.
    Mileage from Kharghar to Chakan - 18.9kmpl.
    Diesel used: 5.93 Liters.
    Cost: Rs.242.25

Return Journey Mileage from Chakan to Kharghar: 26.2 Kmpl.
    Diesel used: 4.28 Liters! :shocked
    Tota Cost: Rs. 174.63. :dancing

Total Cost of round trip: 416.88
    Total Toll paid: Rs. 390

Total Cost: Rs.806.88.
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2011
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Yeah , do aim ~30kmpl.

Do work out which rpm's you need to stick to. I reckon somewhere near 90% of peak torque rpm should do the trick. (1400-1500rpms?) Also, where lugging can be avoided.

Gurjinder.
  9. srinivaschandalada

srinivaschandalada Amatore

Kakinada
    kakinada
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Amit, was he A\C on during the entire trip where you got a mileage of 26+. The advt of maruthi that highlights the mileage crazy indians is best suited for fiat. If tata had the same mileage we would have seen unending billboards and advts.
  10. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Yes ACC was on throughout the return trip.

What's commendable about the mileage is that it's not purely highway / expressway driving. Those who are aware of the Chakan MIDC road will know how slow progress is over there. To add to that, yesterday, there were heavy rains in Chakan with some stretches requiring me to slow down to a crawl as there was water over the roads.

As soon as I exited the expressway, MID was flashing 26.5Kmpl. By the time I reached home in Kharghar the mileage had dropped to 26.2Kmpl! :A