1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Grande Punto is non agile !!! ?

Discussion in 'Fiat Global News' started by Nandish, Sep 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Lol, I like it. No comments since the last post from you.
  2. vishnu's

vishnu's Amatore

I agree with your point Kedar. For 7.5Lac Punto 90HP is any day better. But unfortunately I haven't seen that may 90HP Puntos but within few weeks of launch i have seen so many Swift ZDI :eek: I really don't understand why people are hell bent against Fiat cars :mad:

One of my family members is in the lookout for a Sedan and I asked them to check out the Linea MJ Emotion. My cousin just opposed the very idea and recommended T Etiyos. He doesn't even have any valid reason for not opting for Linea but he just said the car is not good enough.
  3. Kedar I "Liked"your post in Facebook.
  4. teky

teky Esperto

I test drove the Swift last weekend along with fellow TFI'an. Following are my opinions in comparison with Punto (Strictly personal)

Shorter Clutch & Smoother Gear Shift
    The Front seat was comfier
    Interior plastic at few places within Dashboard (Especially the ICE section)
    Engine NVH & Also the insulation within the Cabin
    The Turbo-spool and it felt faster
    Turning radius

The ugly looking boot and lack of it's boot space
    Clutch was harder than my 25K run Punto - The car had only 250 on ODO
    Interior plastic quality of OVRM Switches, Power Window switches and the Indicator stalks
    Rear is claustrophobic, Reduced under thigh support and roof line ready to hit my head. With myself seating in the front seats there was hardly any space at the rear
    Brakes are a big let down, Not very sharp

Now for the big debate about Handling & Steering Feedback -
    I felt the swift was easily flick able but had some amount of under steer making it to step out of line in curves. Swift can definitely give competition to Punto on Straight lines but on the Corners I think Punto will still have edge, Thanks to the HPS, Wider Tires and Suspension set-up. Also the Swift's steering is wee bit quicker to respond than the HPS unit in Punto, But I never felt home at the new Swift, It was always worrisome to attack the same corners which I used to easily flick through using my Punto. 2

The car definitely feels like a rocket, I blame on the Punto's weight & build quality for this. When I was doing over 100 on the speedo in the Swift I was feeling like I was doing 150~160 in my Punto if you know what I mean. So for the masses it will certainly feel faster than the Punto.

High speed ride quality at rear - There was a bit of stiffness at the rear making road undulations pass though to the cabin, Adding to the flimsy build and pit like rear seat you always feel un-secure.

Last the price - The Fully loaded Swift ZDI costs 7.48 L and you have to wait for 6 months before can lay your hands on the ugly duck. The Punto 90 HP costs around 7.55 L post discounts. So for someone who spend most of the time in highways Punto still remains the choice. If someone is too worried about re-sale value it's better to stick with Maruti, apart from that I don't find any reasons for buying the Swift. How I wish Punto gets a powerful motor and better gear box to dust them out.
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  5. pemmasg

pemmasg Regolare

My decision to buy Punto 90 HP is justified. I am from Maruti family background, had confusion to choose. I almost decided Maruti Ritz, but thankfully I ended up buying Punto 90 this july.
    I recently sat in my friend's Ritz. The door looked flimsy and the pads are really bad, when I operated the power window I saw the pad was shaking. It happened in all four doors, Build Quality!
    He said he spent 6.3 for Ritz VDI + Seat Covers + Music + other accessories. I felt the equivalent Punto emotion is the best option in that price range.

6. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    teky, pemmasg thanks for sharing the information...
  7. I had a Maruti Swift and now owning Fiat Punto. I would say the difference is there. Fiat has slightly better handling and ride quality than Swift. The interior quality in Fiat is much better, you get bigger window glasses for better view.
    Fiat gives driver a confident on corners at high speeds. The body roll is almost minimal and steering feedback is great. I personally felt Fiat is designed to be revved.

But on the other side, Swift has lesser cabin noise than Fiat. At 100Km+ Swift is almost silent but Fiat is noisy. All the road and bump sounds you can easily hear inside the Fiat cabin.
    The other bigger advantage of Swift is its servicing. Service for any car is as important as its Fuel. Regular good service can make the car run for longer without hiccups.

Fiat does not understand that selling good car is just not sufficient. The important and integral factor is after sale service which is life line of any car. In my experience I never had any major issues with Swift for 4.5Years (40K+ KMs) and after selling I got nice value as well.

So in my opinion the other related factors would definitely give better edge to Swift in longevity.
  8. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Huh? People hardly ride cars but the ideas & concepts perpetuated by media & repeater beings. People are so exhausted mentally during daily routine among chaos & confusions, they are not left with any capacity to think over on their own. Low morale & lesser confidence in oneself is the outcome. MacDonald is happiness, we care for you, this is how the life should be, this is when you are successful, this is what is knowledge, this is how you should pass pee, this is how you suicide, don't you look here n there you sheep:mrgreen:!!

Hypnotized in other ways as it's a virtue of repetition. Banners/Hoardings are everywhere. Toyota is quality, Fly with Kingfisher, watch IPL, Beware of bombs!! They are given an illusion that they are thinking where in reality it's heard & seen over n over that has manifested. People with good IQs trash it & decide it on their own scale. Why would media make any effort for your well being when you don't give a damn about the rest! It's common sense. Media is also a corporation. If Toyota is known by everyone, why they are still spending on advertisements more than anyone else & repeat the same over n over to people::pP?
    1 person likes this.
  9. shams

shams Esperto

Well, i can see only one 'other related factor' i.e. After Sales. All other factors, atleast 10 of them favour the punto. So from where does the swift get a better edge in longevity?
  10. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    I have never driven a Swift but a Maruti is generally noiser then other cars. I had a SX4 petrol, the road, wind, tyre noise was very high in the car. My Punto diesel is much quieter in comparision! Even my City has very high levels of road & wind noise - in fact more then the Punto.

Also, bump sounds in Punto being high? Are you talking about the way the car handles bad roads and noise from the suspension travelling our rough roads is high? Punto's suspension is amazingly silent in soaking up bumps. Both my SX4 & Honda City petrol literally crash and thud through potholes.

I do agree about the better service & resale value of a Maruti over a Fiat.
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.