1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Grande Punto is non agile !!! ?

Discussion in 'Fiat Global News' started by Nandish, Sep 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anoop

anoop Superiore

@ramjin - Handling is a sum up of steering+body roll, so a light and fast steering coupled with less body roll will aid handling. Do remember that the comparison is between new swift and old Punto.

Engineers of Suzuki had all the time to compare Punto and tweaks their car so, according to me it is not really surprising, but it is surprising to see that all these R&D effort could not help them to make the car as stable as Punto.

Now, tell me - if you have a car which handles super, but is less stable and you have another car which handles well and supremely stable, which one will be more safe? Swift may be more fun, but if you add up all the parameters, we can clearly se ethat even all these R&D did not help Suzuki to come up with a car which trumps Punto in all aspects.

@Kedar - the new Punto which is rumored to be introduced soon - It is just a face-lift right? or does the car have new underpinnings too? I was under the impression that the new one will be just a face-lift with new interiors, but mechanically, there will not be any differences.

@jaydev: that is exactly the reviewer is saying, he is saying that because of the new and tight chassis and suspension, and improved and fast EPS, Swift handles better.
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2011
  2. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    IMHO Handling and Stability should go hand in hand. Handling (I mean flickability) without stability is a sure recipe for disaster. First you flick then you roll.
    But for City use - weaving through traffic at low speeds (below 70kmph) Swift would be better.
  3. vishnu's

vishnu's Amatore

I don't believe the comparison is biased. The new platform which have more wheel base and wider tyres and improved suspension setup can make the new Swift a better handler and the senior member has clearly mentioned all the positive aspects of punto. Only point is in the handling departmant Punto and all new Swift should be given equal points.

4. I doubt about solid build quality, 6 months down the line everything is rattling we have seen this before from Maruti.
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I agree that New Swift would be better in handling than the old Swift. The Question here is, whether the New Swift is better handler than Punto or not. I cannot come to a conclusion without driving the new Swift.
  6. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    I posted a huge comment of Team-BHP wall for Swift Review. You people can have a look on comment more and more
  7. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Kedar Bhai..Link please
  8. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Just read it. Its nice one Kedar. You made your point very clear. Anyday Punto 90HP is way ahead and sensible option than the over priced Swift ZDI.
  10. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Yes guys thats the point. Spending 7.5 lac for a car which is made from Plastic :lol thats not feasible. Punto is anytime better option for this crappy shit.

PS whenever I see Shit (oops Swift) on highway I knock him down in and out. He never come closer to my 90 HP Punto :devil
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.