1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat GP 90Hp 1.3 MJD - Proud owner :)

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by puntoloverr, Jan 29, 2014.

1. puntoloverr

puntoloverr

Kochi
    Guys,
    Cheers !

Fiat GP 90Hp 1.3 MJD.
    Its my first car, with my own earnings; though my family had a Fiat premier padmini->Maruti 800->Hyndai Santro previously.
    I have heard that people who goes for a Fiat over other models, are these proud n passionate Fiat enthusiasts who had owned a Fiat previously.
    Its through their very own experience that they buy a new Fiat, when its time for an upgrade.
    I have been driving since the age of 18 and started with our Maruti 800. So i don't have an experience with Fiat before. When i decided to buy my own car, i never had a Fiat in mind to be honest.
    My options were:

• Ford Figo - Absence of rear power windows even for top-end sucks big time. VFM indeed ! But my mind still pushed for the Best-in-class HB coz this will be my first car! Almost Booked a Figo. But then i visited the Fiat showroom and then...
    • VW Polo - Good but 3 cylinder engine!
    • i10 Grand - Plan to upgrade my 10 year old Santro started with the launch of i10G. test drove; Ok types; Tempting features for less. Again 3 cylinder only. Mind said "You got time. Do more R&D"
    • i20 - Bells n Whistles all around; Very Tempting in fact! But TeamBhp/Friend-owners reviews were not encouraging. Poor suspension, Poor FE... A Good featrue car; Luxury HB etc but still Not the No.1 choice of any car enthusiast!
    • Swift - like Pulsar, every other guy has it! Tired of seeing it. Also funny design with Inflated hollow body. Looks Muscular but fake. Looks big, yet weighs under 1 ton.
    • Micra/Pulse - Good; rave reviews; But Feminine looks!
    • Fabia - Good. But Punto is better.

Mind kept whispering, "When u buy, buy the best!".

• Punto - Finally! test drove; very happy. Good features, rock solid n sturdy with no fake muscles. simple yet stylish design. stunning looks. Good FE even with large tyres n heavy tank body (weighs 1.2 ton). Very safe car designed according to European safety standards. Superb reviews from TeamBhp/Friend-owners. All-in-all the very best i have been hunting for...
    • Emotion or 90Hp ?? - Kept toggling between them. again lots of R&D. 90Hp with VGT sounded cool (Power+FE). Also it is the only VGT HB in India.
    Finally the voice inside said, I may not be a True driving enthusiast as of now...But thats what i want to be... I want to feel n enjoy my drives... go for 90Hp even if it means lil more money. So thats it. 90Hp will be my car.

Booked w/o much lag. Visited yard and did PDI. My Punto got delivered on 13Non2013. Special thanks to the dealer, Hyson Motors Kochi and to my Sales executive Sarath.

TeamFiat & TeanBHp helped a lot in the whole car buying experience n related R&D. Thanks.

Cheers once again ! Fiat GP 90Hp 1.3 MJD is definitely an owners pride !
    Thank you...

DSCN0691.JPG

DSCN0692.JPG

IMAG0570.jpg
    2 people like this.
  2. XLR8er

XLR8er Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Congratulations on getting the mighty 90 buddy. A very nice write up Indeed.

The Punto definitely will put smile on your face when you take her out. Every time. :)

The Road is My DRUG.!
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  3. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @puntoloverr

Heartiest congratulation on bringing home the 90HP scorcher. Is this a 2013 manufactured car? The colour looks rocking on the car. Whats was the OTR cost? Pls share.

Any mods planned for the car?

Happy mile crunching and drive safely.
  4. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats for your 90 horses. Good to know that you selection process was a well informed one. One has to test drive all possible alternatives before finalizing. Most of the time, it would be a tug of war btw Punto & Figo in the final leg :D Happy revving your beast :up

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  5. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Congrats puntoloverr!!! Great choice indeed.

Happy Riding!!
    1 person likes this.
  6. mnranjeeth

mnranjeeth Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Congrats on the 90HP punto! :) Looks awesome! I thought the 90HP punto came with red mirrors. Is that the case only with the sport variant?
  7. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Yups mnranjeeth, only sport variant comes with contrasting color mirror. Normal 90hp variant comes with body color mirrors.
  8. puntoloverr

puntoloverr

Kochi
    @ghodlur
    Thanks u buddy...ya its a 2013 Oct model car and the color is Vocal white a.k.a Pearl white. IMHO P-White looks Grand on Grande Punto!
    One of the factors which made me opt this color is...I happened to visit the Fiat yard to check out my vehicle. I could see all the color variants amongst which Tuscon Wine, Ferrari Red & Pearl white being my favorites. It was peak noon time and all of them stood bright in full day light. This actually made my color selection easy. I wanted to test how different is the getting-heated up level of each colors in direct sunlight parked at open land. So just kept my palm pressed on the bonnet of each model.
    The variation in temperature was tremendous. It was Impossible to keep my palm steady pressed w/o getting Burned, even for few seconds on the darker models like Black, T-Wine n even Red. It burned like hell! And there i was pressing my palm on P-White; the heat was bearable! It was NOT a small variation as i expected (Hoped). So that sealed the color deal for me.
    Coming to the OTR cost. GP 90Hp OTR is roughly 8.75+. Definitely i would have settled for a less expensive variant of GP. But then I managed to get my GP on road for 7.4 approx. and the foll. factors helped in that:

• Very good Exchange bonus from Fiat + Special dealer discounts
    • Took in mother’s name for CSD canteen Tax discount
    • Freebies like Chrome Exhaust, Rear parking Sensors etc

No mods planned as of now.
  9. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    That's pretty good deal you got!!

Happy Riding!!
  10. Iluvpunto

Iluvpunto Amatore

Chennai
    Congrats on your 90HP Punto. Have a safe drive and dont forget about the engine run in rules and the turbo charger idling rules for the good of your car. Is that mud flap one of the freebies or new Punto's are coming with it default. Chrome exhaust tip looks a bit out of place in the side view. Can you post a pic of rear view sporting the exhaust tip. 7.4 Lcs onroad is a very good price and you are really lucky to get this beauty for that price.

And have fiat started giving body coloured parking sensors ? or is that after market ?
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2014