1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Gets Busy in a Hurry to Fix Chrysler - Feature

Discussion in 'Fiat Global News' started by kedarbendre, Jan 11, 2011.

1. gurus

gurus Amatore

BLR/AZ
    1 person likes this.
  2. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Jeep Grand Cherokee coming to India!
    In CKD form!

:dancing

Launch it with 2.0 MJD and I have my cheque book in my hands!
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    That's big news. I wonder if it'll have the 2.0 / 2.4 Multijet or the Mercedes diesel engine. In Europe it has the Mercedes one.
  4. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    The link below talks about Jeep sales spiking by 60% in EU on the back of Chrysler's integration with Fiat. It also says the 3.0 CRD engine gets Fiat's Multijet II technology for fuel & emissions saving. Not sure if it's the entire engine or some re-working of the existing engine by Fiat.

Jeeps Sales Spike in Europe by 60 Percent | AutoGuide.com News

EDIT! The mystery is solved. Quoting form the link:

http://www.jeeppress-europe.com/press/article/10992
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Thanks for the info Amit. Did some googling and this 3.0 litre sucker is putting out 241bhp and 550Nm torque. Wow. And it's a baby of VM Motori and Fiat.

This 3.0 is right up there in the power stakes as the 3.0 diesels from VW group and BMW. I wonder if this engine will be the one?
  6. 1 person likes this.
  7. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Much more to come, this engine is a dynamite. It's twin turbo version produces 330 HP & 750-800 NM of torque:eek:. That may move earth out of it's orbit!! It will debut in 2013 Maserati's SUV Kubang (won't be called Kubang as confirmed by Marchionne but it's the name that they are using as reference for now).

Another single turbo upcoming variant of this engines is slated for diesel Cherokee launch in USA next Yr.
    281 HP, 620 NM (at present diesel Cherokee is not sold in USA).