1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Freemont : International Debut

Discussion in 'Fiat Global News' started by amogh, Jan 24, 2011.

1. nk4FIAT

nk4FIAT Superiore

I think FIAT never launched a SUV class in India. All their models were mini hatchback (Uno/Palio/Punto) or sedan (Linea).
    Its a high time to launc this SUV like model to give tough competition to Toyota/GM/Tata/Maruti/Hundai SUVs.
    Indians will luv to see such a rugged and strong SUV from FIAT !!!
    It will give much better response than Bravo.
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Yes nk4FIAT thats what I am saying FIAT should buy SUV instead of Bravo.

This SUV will change FIAT's image in INDIA. ::T
  3. manojnambiar

manojnambiar Novizio

hpe thy launch it in INDIA tooo and take up the SUV segment..... With FIAT badge it has rocking look......
    waiting to see on Indian roads....
  4. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Right said, let the FIAT launch the SUV's, like Freemount or the Palio Adventure (which is a hit in Brazil) let them get it on order and Indians are ready to buy it, We the Indians would not consider money if we get the great taste of these Beauties.
  5. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Fiat Freemont: Is this suitable for India?

Fiat is all set to unveil the Freemont SUV at Geneva Motorshow in March – its first product that is a result of the Fiat – Chrysler JV. The SUV will be on sale in Europe by the beginning of June this year.

Fiat Freemont

The Freemont is a 7 seater SUV built on the Dodge Journey platform. Fiat has slotted its own engine under the bonnet – a 2.0-liter MultiJet turbo diesel with 140 or 170 horsepower. Initially the SUV will only be available in front wheel drive but a four-wheel drive and auto-equipped 168bhp model will follow suit.

The SUV is equipped is equipped with:

Active head restraints
    Electronic stability control (ESC) with all-speed traction control
    Electronic roll mitigation and brake assist
    New driver-side knee blocker airbag
    Supplemental side-curtain airbags covering all three rows
    Supplemental front-seat-mounted side airbags
    Our’s-wheel anti-lock disc brakes
    LATCH child seat anchor system
    Trailer sway control.
    This SUV is (as of now) only limited to US and Europe. But Fiat needs a SUV under its portfolio in India. After all, all the major manufacturers have got one already under their sleeves.

Fiat Freemont

Currently, Fiat India only has 2 products under its portfolio – Linea and Punto. Clearly, a portfolio which is this small in not a sign of a company that wants to play in the long run.

And considering Fiat’s plans of establishing a fully dedicated sales network India, a SUV like the Freemont must find its way pretty soon.

Source:- http://indianautosblog.com/2011/01/fiat ... -for-india
  6. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Fiat Freemont @ 2011 Geneva Motor Show :

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2014
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Dilip thank you for sharing this wonderful information aka video.....
  8. guru

meh.not sophisticated looking as a fiat
  9. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Gurgaon, India
    that is because its a Dodge!
  10. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

Whenever it gets launch in India, I wish my budget would allow me to grab from its first lot!