1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Floor mats,Door sills,Mudguards.Need comparison between OEM, absolute aftemarket

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by brandnewpunter, Oct 25, 2012.

1. brandnewpunter

brandnewpunter Amatore

Chennai
    Hello,
    Since I heard that that the mudguards, floormats given free are not worth it, I decided to go ahead with the absolute edition. I am yet to get delivery though. Now I hear that the mudguard supplied with absolute though looks good is useless and the floormats are not significantly different from the free ones. Can you please post the cost of 3D mats (Pics wherever possible),door sills and aftermarket mudguards.
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Hay dont go with aftermarket mudflaps, the quality is not upto the mark. I will suggest you to go for absolute edition and change the floor mats with 3D mats.
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Go for the Absolute pack, only if you really need all the components - Mudflaps, MMI device, Door sills, floor mats, absolute badging, etc. If you are not keen on all of them, then just ask for the moulded mudflaps at an extra cost. Replace the free mats with 3D mats. That way, you will still get free insurance and will spend less than 5 K for the mudflaps and floor mats.

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  4. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    2 people like this.
  5. addy

addy Amatore

Bangalore
    I installed the Absolute Edition Mudflaps and the door sill on my Linea today. The Mudflaps cost Rs.899 and the Door sill cost Rs.405. I haven't checked how effective the mats are, but alteast they are better looking than the the old mudflaps. Here are some pictures

After removing the old mudflaps
    IMAG0523.jpg

Front mudflaps in place. Notice the dirty outline left behind by the old mudflaps
    IMAG0524.jpg

Installing mudflaps
    IMAG0530.jpg

Looks neat, doesn't it
    IMAG0531.jpg

Screws holding the front mudflap in place
    IMAG0533.jpg

Clamps holding the rear mudflap in place. I forgot to click the rear mudflap from the other side
    IMAG0534.jpg

The Linea Branded door sill
    IMAG0528.jpg
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
    5 people like this.
  6. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    It looks fab. You can clean that dirty area at washing center.

Are you planning to paint it in white color? It will look good.
  7. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Re: Fiat Floor mats,Door sills,

Looks great addy, which dealership did you goto? Concorde, Prerana, KHT, Aadya? Am planning to get them done.

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2
  8. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Even am planning for these mud flaps.. Have been following up with KHT for sometime now. They are still awaiting the accessories.

@ Addy, which service centre did you visit ??
  9. addy

addy Amatore

Bangalore
    I have to get it cleaned soon:p. The dirt is hiding the holes drilled for installing the older mudflaps. I'm not too keen on painting it white. I think I'll wait for a few days and then think about it.

Thanks. The door sills I got from Concorde (Mysore Road) and the mudflaps in Prerana (Lalbagh Road). Better call up and check before you go. Btw, aren't you in Chennai?:)

Initially I checked with Concorde (Mysore Road) as it was the nearest TASS to my place. They said they can install the whole package only as they have not received separate stocks for individual orders. He had the Door Sills with him though. I also asked if he could get the mudflaps separately, but the accessories guy told me that he will not order for new stocks till his current stock is sold. So, I got the door sill fixed there itself and waited on the Mudflaps. My guess is that since Concorde are not taking up the Fiat dealership in Bangalore, they are reluctant to order new stocks.

Then I called up Prerana in Rajajinagar and was redirected to Prerana Service in Peenya and then to Kudlu Gate and finally to Lalbagh road. I spoke with the accessories guy and he confirmed the availability of both the door sill and mudflaps. Went there yesterday and got it fixed. But, they could not give me the official bill for the mudflaps and only gave me a cash receipt. The reason given was that the part number for these mudflaps had not been updated in their system and therefore the bill could not be generated.
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
  10. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    I went to 3m nungambakkam chennai to enquire about something. They had this 3M NOMAD mats. Seems to be effective but its appearance might not please everybody. The manager there showed me how good it is by putting 2 handful of sand and also poured water on it. The sand and water just seeps into the mat keeping your shoes clean. The mat can also be dusted off easily plus its custom cut according to needs.