1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat First - Free camp

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Grandeur, Feb 12, 2010.

1. forget gift the guys at hind motor were charging me for the top ups...:( :(
    it was completely diff exp from the previous free camp, the so called (pretty) receptionist kept on asking whether i had an appointment 4 the camp. ..???
    no one from fiat was present there . went inside 3-4 times bt heck dey were least interested 2 check. finally the advisor came n 2 my shock said all top ups will b charged.
    car was not cleaned from inside , on being asked 4 same, the sa told cleaning was from outside only n interior cleaning was nt included in camp.
    the exp was pathetic...:( will surely complain 2 fiat...!!
    i would surely love 2 meet tfi members 4m chd, nxt tym koi v chd meet hoe ya phr kade milan da mauka hoe ta mainu zrur daseo janaab, me stays in sec 44c
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Vivek- I had similar experience when I went there for my first service in Nov. I'm not going there again hopefully.
    rofl on the pretty receptionist thing. :)
    The worst thing seems to be the charging for top ups. Interiors haven't been touched much even in our case. Just a quick vaccum. But definitely your experience has been towards the lowest possible rating on the scale.
    I've messaged you my phone number. We'll roll together next time. :up
  3. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    We are waiting anxiously for the camp on 23/24th, My dad will be taking the Punto to Fortune, nerul.
    Will post he review once the camping is done with.
  4. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

Mumbai
    Regarding this free service camp, point 2 on Fiat website clearly states "Free top up of consumables (Oil, coolant, battery fluid, etc.)".
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2011
  5. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Sorry for missing your post Sir ji. :confused:
    I'm still learning to use this new device. I hope everyone posts some pics here. It will surely be a treat to view.
    Some more pics below:

2011-04-17 11.53.15.jpg

2011-04-17 11.53.23.jpg

2011-04-17 11.17.53.jpg
  6. Nice report Yashik. The FIAT branded tissue box looks very cute.
  7. marvin patrick gray

marvin patrick gray Amatore

Lucknow
    Guys
    Went to the free check-up camp to Goldrush Motors here in Lucknow. Saw quite a few Lineas and Puntos lined up there. \
    16th and 17th was kept as free check-up days only for Fiat cars though a couple of Tata cars were also seen.
    The whole place was decorated and the staff was quite courteous. Their was a dedicated area for sitting, snacks and queries.
    An guy came take a look and note down anything that needs special attention.
    After a wait for about 1o minutes, my car was taken for work, air-filter cleaned, top-ups, underbody inspection, electrical inspection, followed by cleaning of pollen-filter, and then wash and vacuum followed by polish.
    Then got a tissue-box(not like the one with paddleshifter).
    The whole exercise took almost 3 hrs and I was satisfied with the way things were handled.
    Also met Siddharth(TFIian) who was there for the camp and also for the retro ac-updation.

Marvin
  8. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    marvin patrick gray what about the top ups. Are they free???
  9. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yesterday's joy, today's sorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only reason I attended the camp was because FIAT collectible items are usually given as gifts and fans like me just can't resist the temptation to get something hard to get otherwise.

My dad said to me once after the first free service back in November 2010, "The lesser you allow these **censored** to fiddle with your car, the better"

After yesterday's camp:
    1) Washing was pathetic. I had pointed to Dr Manraj how mud splash marks from front tyre were still visible on the front door and running board after washing. Interiors were not properly cleaned. Bonnet was dirty near the headlamps. BUT, I DON"T COMPLAIN & UNDERSTAND BECAUSE THERE WERE SOME 50 CARS WITH THEM TO HANDLE IN LIMITED TIME.

Whole car esp "Tyres & alloys" have attracted whole of dust from the roads like a magnet. I need to wash it again so that it does not look as if it has come from a rally. I think the leftover white foam on the tyres might be the reason for excessive affinity towards dust. I UNDERSTAND.

3) MY BONNET IS NOT OPENING. I AM MAD. I DON't KNOW WHAT HAVE THEY DONE. I SAW ONE PERSON USING THE DESMODRONIC KEY OF SOMEONE'S LINEA LIKE A TOY> FOLDING_UNFOLDING IT SOME 100 TIMES ABSENT MINDEDLY.
    I am MAD because Bonnet release is a thing that should not be busted so easily like this even if you abuse it. They surely are suckers who leave a bad taste in your mouth someway or the other, be it pre-sales or after sales. :p
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2011
  10. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Fixed it up with a diy!!

Fixed up the problem with DIY procedure from Fiat Forums (FF), the global Fiat forum just like ours.

Basically, they say that get one person to pull the bonnet release lever while the other person pushes the bonnet down. Sometimes this trick works. Tried it a few times with the assistance of my dad and it worked after a few tries.

Edit- Google baba ji rocks!!
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2011