1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat First - Free camp

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Grandeur, Feb 12, 2010.

1. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I have taken my vehicle for Free Mansoon check up camp today in Goa. I am little confused about the term 'free mansoon Check up', because TASS charged Rs 250 for lubricant that they applied on doors and other parts. Also the coolant was slightly low. They were about to pour water in cooloant box, which they used to top up windscreen washer. I just stopped them and ask them to fill Paraflue up with water. They told that case I have to bought a i l can and they charged Rs 261 for it. I have taken the remaining coolant to home. Initially the bill was Rs 720 including the labor charge. Then I argued that the labor charge should not be taken for the work done as a part of free check up. Then they didn't take the amount. But still I want to know what is actually meant by Free check up? According to TASS only checking is free and all oil,coolant,lubricant etc are chargeable. They shown the coupon where it is mentioned 5% discount on parts and 10% discount on labor. I think what that is meant for any extra work that is not included in free check up.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    This is wrong, all the oil, coolants etc should be free.
    Only parts can be charged, with discount, and its labor. This is certainly wrong on their part, I would suggest to raise a complain to Fiat directly, do provide them with Bills. They should refund the money they charged.

I have got all liquids free till now, in free camp.
  3. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Thanks Ravi. I will sent a mail to Fiat.
  4. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    Even i got a text on friday! Says 16th july to 14th august!
  5. darkshooter

darkshooter Amatore

Navi Mumbai
    Registered this time with new Service Center: Bhatti Motors, Nerul. Lets see how it turns out.
  6. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Do you guys still think that these kind of service camps will be done with full dedication, checking each and everything in our car as we check it ? They will never have time to do all those after competing other service vehicles and will give only least importance to this. more over, they aren't paid anything more for doing this . what all might they check? the fluids, which you can also do it easily, then fill water in that wiper fluid container, check wiper blades. even if you want to change wiper blades, you can buy it anytime from Bosch shops and fix it yourself in under a minute's time and avoid paying huge labour and a premium pricing.
    @sungoa.. what lubricant did you mean was applied on doors ,etc? actually, those shouldnt be charged even for normal service ! From what i ve heard, coolant is a mix of 50% paraflue and water..correct me if i am wrong.
  7. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    They used grease for doors and some spray applied at the gap of window glass to make the movement smooth. I don't think they applied anything else. Coolant is 40%Paraflu and 60% demineralized water according to manual. Also they never bother to tight the bolts according to the torque specification. My experience cannot be generalized for all TASS. I think many people got good service during last summer free check up camp.
  8. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    But as the number of vehicles that comes for the camp goes up, the level of service centre guys dedication comes down. We cannot blame them for this because they cannot do a thorough checkup on such a volume of vehicles
  9. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    IMHO, free service camps are a way of coaxing people to come to service station & for the service people to make a bundle out of it. The quick checks are just that - very quick taking less than 5 minutes per vehicle on an average. I wonder how can they check 30-40 check points in that time ?
  10. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    What about Pune. Are the dates finalised.