1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT FACTORY VISIT : 3rd DECEMBER 2010 : Reports from Pg 45

Discussion in 'Team Fiat Meets' started by amogh, Oct 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MihirC

MihirC Amatore

Mumbai
    An Excellent initiative by the mods

Hi guys,,

I just wanted to say that all the hard work done by Amogh,Grandeur and Manoj(I dont know the id) was done very well and hats off to you guys. I really mean it. I was a wonderful, enlightening and once in a lifetime experience.

Also it was my first TFI meet and meeting all you guys,

Andy, Grandeur, Amogh, Sai, Ashpalio, Gautam K, Gautam Satpute, Mr. Reddy,VKS, Rajeev Pillai, Mr. Bhagwat, the guys from Chennai who later went to lonavla ::V , Vahan Pujari, fastlove, Raj Bajwa,Harish Segar,RoyJ and so many others whose ids I cannot recollect now :sadblue , it was awesome meeting you all, the sense of a group the belonging to each other and much more was just so good to see and feel.

I purposely left Ratan's name for the last as I had to mention something about him. He over took the TJet a chain of trucks and trollers and reached the Talegaon Junction first man, which is all ok untill I came to know that his is a 1.2 ::T Awesome driving Ratan. Comes only with experience I guess.Though I didnt get to chat with you or many others much I was happy in observing you guys being together. The endless phonecalls on the way back et. al

We all need to meet again soon. This really a wonderful group and I was amazed to see the sense of bonding and brotherhood in all the members.

Thanks to all the mods again for making this happen. Though next time we need to stick to the highway rather than move in thru the city. Im sure Andy and Grandeur would agree :lol:
  2. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Re: Factory Visit - 3rd Dec 2010 - Intial Reports Page 3 onw

wow, i kept on reading the post twice till now, enjoyed the pictures taken, really missed the grande event with my grande punto, but fingers crossed that when i come back to india there will be another grande event coming up, so i can also be a part of the grande event.
    I liked the fiats cars lined up on the streets, this should be published in the newspaper so more n more people knows it.
    waiting to see more pictures. :clap :steering ::T ::T
  3. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Re: An Excellent initiative by the mods

Believe me, everyone should give it a shot, a ride with Ratan and you wont believe he is pushing it on 1.2 Punto. I was privileged and lucky as I shared the return leg to mumbai with Ratan in his 1.2 punto, he was mind boggling, I could see him hitting RPM 5K mark + on techo where 6K is the topline in a traffic jam, where probably I couldnt have driven even an inch ahead, I was like ::OO and in the mad rush he made everything feel so smooth, that i couldnt believe, no jerks in gear shift, no where I felt that he was at sort of power, awesome driving skills, timings and guts to take what it comes :) Those jam packed trucks traffic looked like some odd stones on road, when Ratan over took them, be it from left, or right or come what it may be, he made his way through it. Hey Ratan, if you are reading this, I will be there for meets to just be in 1.2 Punto with you again and again and again :car

Thanks to spirited, charismatic and high energy drive from Ratan vis a vis Tjet driven by Manoj (Ride de Himalyas champ) made me experience Raid de Himalayas on the regular highway . :redcar :steering, I couldnt belive what Ratan was delivering against a Tjet (driven by rally racer), poor guys who where following the group where left wondering somewhere in the traffic and where calling constantly on his phone, and Ratan was not only guiding them but at the same time was ensuring that Tjet feel the might of Ratan's 1.2 effects.

After a warm hug with Ratan, a switch from his Punto to Tjet with Manoj from Talegon Toll Point was my ticket to low flying jet, Manoj was vrooming the turbo jet constantly over 130kmph over the entire run and I no where felt that we riding so fast, until I slightly rolled down the window to open up left rear view mirror, it was than the sound of gussing air passing by made me realize, hey i am flying low on a jet. The car holded to ground on all curves and was probably most comfortable and assuring experience from any car that i have driven at that speed.

It was this skilled and fun filled drive to mumbai that made me catch my train timely, believe me I would have not made it without this guys high energy drive yet very cool and fun filled on entire route.

Detailed report coming soon...
  4. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

Sorry, I missed to mention earlier:

A big thanks to ANDY who was the first to leave Mumbai and reach Pune to help Amogh in setting up banners and help in distributing TFI T-Shirts! Andy's day was the longest day through out the event. He left FIRST and REACHED LAST. Hat's off to you ANDY.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2011
  5. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai

The accident update :

For those who r unware about the "arishi's" accident with the zen estilo.Arishi has given this car to Fortune Sakinaka and awaiting details,cost of repairs etc.His rear doors r not functioning properly and boot also.But hats off to FIAT's build quality i got to c a live crash test almost in which d punto comes out in victory ::D
  6. MihirC

MihirC Amatore

Mumbai
    In the review @ carwale, there is a pic with one of our members(Gautam Satpute's) dad (I guess)and son and one more member whose ID I cant recall but you cant miss the TFI shirt though ::D .... just FYI.
  7. MihirC

MihirC Amatore

Mumbai

Dude do we have any pics of the busted Estilo, I could see the bonet neatly folded in the center :mrgreen: , I was wondering what happened as there seemed to be nothing wrong with the punto as we went passed them :lol:

Hey how come I missed you man, even I was there yesterday.
  8. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3

Ne time buddy.... Well i had a tough time returning as you know... But yea it was fun:) was home at 11pm....
    Looking forward for more meets like this man.. It was awesome..

Well Nikhil it was nice meeting u too... BTW about Ratan's driving skills we all have experienced it long time back...

We used to think a 1.2 beats a MJD and have even told him on several occasions... But last nite was awesome.. He made it happen once again by beating Manoj who was driving the Tjet... :) Drive safe Ratan...
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2011
  9. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3

A BIg Thank you to AMOGH, SANDEEP and MANOJ for making this happen.. Infact this is my first visit in person to a Automobile manufacturing unit factory in my life..
    It was awesome to see how our babies were manufactured... Thanks guys.... Proud to be a TFIian...
  10. cartoos

cartoos

New Delhi
    Re:

Hey, thats me. I reached Delhi early morning and was sleeping till noon, it was one hell of day. ::D
    Thanks to all for making this day a great day and also thanks to Gautam and his FIL and son for good ride to Factory and dropping me back to Hotel.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.