1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT FACTORY VISIT : 14th December 2012 : Planning Thread

Discussion in 'Team Fiat Meets' started by amogh, Oct 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Willy, that is too hard a statement to make. You should have avoided making personal attacks. I strongly object this. Do remember that Fiat is organizing this meet and they have the right to dictate the terms whether we like it or not. It is better to stop questioning each and everything when ever there is an update.
    7 people like this.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Guys, final list will be published by amogh, no need to put any justification here.
    Though we are trying to make it as transparent as possible, but for sure some confusion will continue to some members. We hope you all will understand the reason behind it, you can always email to mods@teamfiat.co.in or admin@teamfiat.co.in.
    Willy, it is already clarified, we need to restrict the number, TFI and Fiat has decided to have some rules.
    With each rule, it is bound to have some un-comfortable members, but there is no other choice as of now.

Please resist from posting words like RACIST etc.
  3. Willy

Willy Guest

Mods Note - Post Deleted.
    Please resist posting any personal comment, without any substance.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2012
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Willy - I am unable to understand why you are so upset. You have been a member here for a year and a bit, two out of your three posts so far have been made today in this very thread. I don't understand what gives you the right to question Amogh's integrity here. The rules have been made and published. If you want to participate, you have to follow them. If you are not in agreement with the rules that have been made in discussions with FIAT, then do not participate. No one is forcing you to.

Rajan
    3 people like this.
  5. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Dear Willy,
    As far as I understand, This is a private affair organized by TFI with help of FIAT.
    Its governed by the norms set at TFI and on top of that organizers have rights to restrictions.
    Others who are interested and dont own Punto & Linea can contact the company and ask if they can visit the factory and there by organize themselves.

Finally, I would like to make it very clear, i have no intentions of making either personal attack or attack on non Punto / Linea Owners. If someone is not able to join the meeting due to some restrictions placed, please dont feel bad. Please understand, the organizers are trying there best to ensure a very good time for all the members.
    9 people like this.
  6. Dear willy,
    you could have expressed your feelings in a polite way. Words like "Racist" will hurt one's feelings. Right from the school, rules and regulations make us angry. But remember that it is for our sake and not for the mods. That statement doesnt mean that only punto/linea owners can attend. So please think twice before you post a comment in a public thread.
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2012
    3 people like this.
  7. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    Re: FIAT FACTORY VISIT : 14th December 2012 : Registrations CLOSED!

I guess all have to understand that these kind of meets don't happen with any manufacturer (atleast a meet of this size).

If we don't have rules, it will be each one of us who will blame FIAT and the organizers for a failed meet amidst the chaos that can happen.

There is no where in the policy or terms of this forum that members will be entitled to a factory visit by FIAT. These meets are organized after lot of planning and understanding the logistics involved and then announced in the forum. Sometimes, there are changes in the plan after an announcement is made and its very fair I think.

If some people have indeed used this opportunity to register on the forum and cause a flooding in registrations, then it was the only option the organizers had to ensure that its the TFIans who get the first preference. Its also not said that only Linea and Punto are allowed. However, only a preference clause which I m sure will be in favor of all TFIians.

I m sure that this will turn out to be a grand event.:thumbup:
    9 people like this.
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Important
    All outstation members (not from Pune & Mumbai), Please don't alter your plans yet. We are working towards letting outstation members get upto 3 family members (total 4).
    19 people like this.
  9. Thats a sweet in my mouth.!!
    1 person likes this.
  10. Viny, Good to hear that you have very warm memories of the last visit and the way FIAT took care of all the members. I feel that itself would have fueled the rush for people joining in for this visit.

And regarding PR what I meant is that in this age of social media if everyone who goes on this visit does their bit of sharing on FB, Twitter etc that will certainly go ahead and create a lot of positive vibes about FIAT and will surely help them in erasing some negative vibes of the past.

We FIAT enthusiasts love the Cars made by the company and would love to see them grow & thrive and if such meets serves the purpose I'm all for it :)
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2012
    3 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.