1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT FACTORY VISIT : 14th December 2012 : Planning Thread

Discussion in 'Team Fiat Meets' started by amogh, Oct 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. epicenter

epicenter Amatore

Valsad, India
    I hope the final program also comes up soon so that we can plan for accomodation and stuff!
    Drive safe, always wear a seatbelt!
    1 person likes this.
  2. Mods, We hopefuls are eagerly waiting to hear something positive. Hope you guys will not disappoint us :)

And 3 cheers to those magnanimous TFIans who have voluntarily agreed to drop Friends & Family members to accommodate fellow members. You guys deserve the highest praise for your wonderful gesture!
    5 people like this.
  3. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi Tamil Nadu/Chennai Team members , Lets have a meet next Saturday 1st Dec for discussion on Pune trip @ masala cafe a.k.a Pizza hut which teky will confirm the place has been relocated or not , also we can finalize the plan and make sure we all have a smooth journey :)
    1 person likes this.
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    From what I know, Pizza Hut, Pondy Bazaar has been demolished now.
    1 person likes this.
  5. funkykar

funkykar BANNED

Bangalore
    +1

Happens only with the Fiat fraternity :p
    2 people like this.
  6. So, TFI's masala cafe is no more :( Time to find a new one. BTW, guys I will not be available for the meet on Dec1, will be starting to Coimbatore on Dec1 morning. My plan will be as on Page1 of this thread.
    1 person likes this.
  7. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    **PLEASE READ THIS NOTE CAREFULLY**

Dear All,

We had discussions with FIAT about various aspects of the factory visit. Owing to the tremendous response that we have received, some initial plans had to be tweaked, some completely scrapped and a number of new regulations / rules had to be added. Note that the registrations list was already shared with FIAT and they were completely aware of the number of respondents. The outcome of the discussions has been as follows:

1. Punto & Linea owners who are "regular" TFI members should get topmost priority for this event. Let me clarify this : we observed that new registrations to the forum suddenly increased after we announced the factory visit. While we cannot say that all the registrations were because of the factory visit, we can safely assume that most were for the sake of creating an ID and registering for the visit. Such registrations will be kept on a hold / waiting list.

2. All "Other" cars registrations will be cancelled. In the meeting, FIAT was very particular about this and was firm on strict implementation of this rule.

3. Palio (and other Fiat owners) can register. However do note that Pt.1 above takes precedence here.

4. Children (under 18) are STRICTLY NOT ALLOWED. We had relevant personnel from the factory for the meeting too. Considering the various factory laws and legal provisions, it is best not to get children for this event. Especially for an event of this scale.

5. Maximum one family member can accompany a TFI member. So the earlier announcement about you being able to register any number of friends, relatives etc for the event now stands NULL AND VOID. Those who have registered for more than 2 people will now have to plan accordingly and cut short the number of people they were planning to bring along.

6. Important Note : FIAT has ensured that similar events will keep on happening in the future. Those members who won't be able to attend this visit can look forward to attending the next event. FIAT & TFI sincerely urge you to not get disappointed / angry etc. Do appreciate that other manufacturers never offer such opportunities to their customers.

Now the question : Are the registrations open again?

The answer currently is : NO.

What we are going to do next is update the current registration list, delete the entries that do not fit the criteria and see what is the number we are arriving at. Meanwhile we have created a "Temporary Registration Form" which you can fill up if you wish to attend the visit. We are sure there are going to be cancellations, drop outs and as and when there is space we will push the entries from the "Temporary Form" to the "Confirmed List". Do note that "Outstation Members" will get priority here. Again : Pt.1 above will take precedence.

Thanks,

The TFI Moderators Team
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2012
    13 people like this.
  8. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    Re: FIAT FACTORY VISIT : 14th December 2012 : Registrations CLOSED!

What if soneone has registered for 4 members and out of which three are regular TFIians? For example I registered alone but my count included other regular TFIians who will be travelling from Delhi and joining me here at Pune.

I need to call up Varun (Varoon9999), Karan (karansharma) and Vijayant Sir (Axn) accordingly.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Mods apologize to be offtopic here.

Do we have any events planned for 15th December.

Members coming from out of Maharashtra, I would like to meet you all :) if anyone will be in Pune on 15th December.

I will be in Pune on 15th December morning.
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2012
  10. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    I have anyways re-registered myself again with the max 2 people per id rule. Sorry about this as the post from Amogh was a bit confusing or my brains were switched off at 2.30 am.

Mods, let me know if this is fine. Either ways I am OK with 2 people per ID.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.