1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT FACTORY VISIT : 14th December 2012 : Planning Thread

Discussion in 'Team Fiat Meets' started by amogh, Oct 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saroshmk

saroshmk

Hyderabad
    @Kiran I agree. I think one of us (either hurricane or you -- preferably the person with a good understanding of Pune city) should represent the group and have a chat with Amogh about our plans. It would be necessary to know what the flag-off procedure and time is. I read in the early mails that Breakfast @ VITS was part of Fiat's hospitality.

This would give us some indication about what Friday morning may feel like -- if we have to get on the road at 6 AM to reach VITS in time for breakfast and the flag-off, we'd better know it now. That might further constrain our choice of hotels and locations.
  2. Hurricane

Hurricane Amatore

Hyderabad.
    @saroshmk

I concur with your thoughts. I would gladly pass on that responsibility to Kiran as he is adept in dealing with things like this.

Breakfast @VITS was how FIAT planned it in the last year and we have a feeling that the same would happen this year as well. Of course until, we get the final confirmation from Amogh we can't say anything and Amogh did say that he might get an update this weekend. So, let's see how this unfolds. :redcar
  3. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @sarosh

This time Starting point is going to be some point/place on Pune-(Ahmad)NAGAR Road.

More over, Amogh already said negotiations are going on and He will update the outcome by the end of this week.
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I think we should be proud of our members and their passion towards team activities were personal interest has lesser priority over group interest. This way problems will get resolved to some extend without much head ache. :up
    8 people like this.
  5. Cashier

Cashier Amatore

Mumbai
    I too had waited till the last moment to register for the meet thinking that the registrations wont close and all it is do with the headcount so that FIAT is aware of how many are supposed to turn up, the delay was also to avoid any inconvenience of registering and later altering/cancelling, now I am regretting though.

I really am overwhelmed by the maturity shown by some true FIAT'ians you know dropping the family n friends to accommodate other true FIAT'ians, one even mentioned to drop his WIFE thanks (nitin.v) surely appreciate it, knowing the fact that you may have to suffer the RANT for eternity ;-).

3 people like this.
  6. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    I have been asking Amogh several times to reveal the itinerary of the meet day, so that we can plan accordingly. I have no idea about Pune and this is my first time on that highway too. Last time when we attended the South India Meet, it was relatively easy to plan cause we had members who have travelled to Bangalore quite a few times and gave valuable inputs. Stay at Mysore was decided by searching reviews online for budget hotels and some very good suggestions by Bangalore members. The stay at Ooty and stuff was taken care by Organizers.

This time its quite different. And also I am tied up quite a bit with some official and personal work which I didnot expect before coming down to Hyderabad. I am sure everything will be settled by this weekend and we can discuss and decide a more precise planning. I am just keeping my fingers crossed. I have been attending several calls from TFIans to see a way for them to get registered.

As mentioned earlier, I have no idea about Pune, but we can surely try to get some help from Pune members and also some research online for the same. I will definitely try to contact Amogh and try to co-ordinate with you all people. But I would always prefer to stay in a decent budget hotel.

Yes, everyone is eagerly waiting for Amogh's updates. Anything is fine as long as the meet itself doesn't get cancelled. I have been waiting for this since 2 years.
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
  7. Shuvam

Shuvam Timido

Hyderabad
    Hey guys,

The Mapple Adhwryou deal looks good and the distance to Ranjangaon also is just around 40 KMs :) Any plans or hotel bookings finalised by anyone yet??

Shuvam
  8. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I hope and believe that meet will happen as planned on 14th.

Why did you get that thought of meet itself getting cancelled?
  9. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    The cottage in the last visit was around Rs.1600 per day for a cottage for 2 if I remember correctly. And we paid Rs. 850 per room for 2 at Mysore and extra bed costed 200 Rs.
    Food expenses were extra.
    This what we meant about budget hotels. Ofcourse there were people who considered 1600 Rs. for the cottage to be expensive too :)

Nothing. I want to attend this meet badly and I hope it doesn't get cancelled. Anything apart from cancelling the meet itself is fine for me is what I meant. :D
  10. simbio

simbio Amatore

Ahmedabad
    Ahmedabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Neel,

i will be there for the factory visit. I hope you get in too. Are you driving to pune?? There is one more member from Ahmedabad on the list.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.