1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT FACTORY VISIT : 14th December 2012 : Planning Thread

Discussion in 'Team Fiat Meets' started by amogh, Oct 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saponk

saponk

MH 10
    Amogh I filled up the form yesterday for car registration though I will not be bringing Fiat car. Will it be ok if I stay at Ranjangaon ovenight and join you at the factory gates at the specified time ?
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Why only FIAT cars? Is this something FIAT is asking for? Does it not make sense to allow non-FIAT owners to have a look and make an attempt to win them over? Or is this a decision made by TFI?

Rajan
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2012
    2 people like this.
  3. funkykar

funkykar BANNED

Bangalore
    Parag Sachania, from the HVK forum will be driving with our group in the Option 4 category. He is actually the encyclopedia of Bangalore-Pune route and has done this in his Wagon R over 50 times. He knows almost every inch of this road, exact kilometer reading when the diversions come, when the toll booths come and where exactly speed breakers are.

If anyone has any specific questions, I can get you answers from him.
    1 person likes this.
  4. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes : this is something Fiat has categorically mentioned. We had other cars in 2010 and that had not gone well with Fiat.

I don't think Fiat is looking at this as a marketing event to win customers. This is a gesture on their part to invite their current customers to have a look at the factory. You will appreciate the fact that no other manufacturer does this.

To be honest : it is beyond me or any moderator to answer this. We go as per the instructions received from Fiat. Maybe you would like to take this up with Fiat officials when you visit the factory.

And guys : it's time we stopped questioning and challenging the rules / instructions. We are receiving plenty of PM's and e-mails questioning various aspects of the meet. Frankly speaking, it gets tiring for the moderators to answer all the questions.

The most unfortunate part is very few hands come forward to offer help (only a few PM's that we have received so far). However the number of messages of the tone "Why this, why that, do this, do that" are aplenty. That is very disappointing.
    10 people like this.
  5. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    This is going to be a mini HVK meet too !! how many from there are joining in ??
    1 person likes this.
  6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I agree with amough. We should not question the way they want to conduct the meet. It is going to affect their one day working and still they look forward to meet the customers. Even if there is some deviation from the scheduled plan we should accept it. It is also better if we avoid such questions about conducting the meet. It is rarest of rarest opportunity given customers of any car brands in India.

Mods team can post the kind of help they need from members(category wise) and definitely there will be many volunteers offering their helping hands:)
    4 people like this.
  7. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    To add to what Amogh has said, when we go to someone's house we abide by their rules, don't we? It's the same situation here. We are going to Fiat's factory and we have to follow their rules. We also need to remember that the logistics of arranging this meet is huge even for Fiat. Please remember that regular production at the plant will be on when we visit. Apart from the disturbance 200+ visiting members will cause to the manufacturing technicians, Fiat also has to ensure safety for both it's employee's and visiting guests. Trust us, safety is priority number one for these big company's and they will never compromise on that part. All of us will have a lot of questions when we visit the shop floor, the supervisors will have to answer to our queries as well as keep the assembly line running smoothly. What if you were getting 200 guests for a function in your house? Would you not have some rules in place? Try and put yourselves in Fiat's shoes and then the rules will start making sense.
    7 people like this.
  8. chandu525

chandu525 Amatore

Bangalore
    Lets rroaaarr in P U N EE..[/QUOTE]

I am coming for factory visit from Bangalore, I am alone and I am located near Outer Ring road, kammanahalli Main Road Area, I am comfortable for Option 2 or Option 3, Sadly I may not get my Punto to drive all the way to Pune (My wife never let me drive alone, Still negotiating with my wife on this) Hence I am requesting if any of you guys heading from Bangalore can accommodate me, Let me know if anybody can help
  9. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I was not questioning anything. I was just curious to know. Had the post clearly mentioned that these are FIAT's expectation, then the question would have never been asked. FIAT and TFI are two independent entities and when such rules are posted, I was wondering who was setting these expectations. I apologize if I said something to make the Mod team uncomfortable.

As for helping goes, I was one of the first to put my hand up and come forward to help, when the original National Meet thread started. There is barely anything that someone sitting in Bangalore can do to contribute for the factory visit, considering that the Mod team is already interacting with FIAT. AFAIK, travel and stay plans are left to individuals participating and requires no co-ordination. Only after we meet up at Pune and start heading to Ranjangaon, we will be a group till the factory visit ends. In any case, do let me know if there is anything I can do to help and I will certainly do what I can.

Thanks,
    Rajan
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  10. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Sandeep, the best option would be to meet at the Mcdonald's outlet at kalamboli like the last time. Irrespective from where member's are starting their journey all of us will cross the Mcdonald's outlet ultimately to get to Pune.
    5 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.