1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT FACTORY VISIT : 14th December 2012 : Planning Thread

Discussion in 'Team Fiat Meets' started by amogh, Oct 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hurricane

Hurricane Amatore

Hyderabad.
    @Kiran

At what time do you suggest we start then?

I will go to office in the morning and will return back in the afternoon and will continue to handle work from home. I don't have any planned scheduled releases so I think I can get much needed rest for the travel. Keeping my fingers crossed though :?

@debasis, @wolverine_arnab

As Kiran rightly said, until we have a clear itinerary of the Factory visit it would be very difficult for us to decide which would be the most appropriate hotel to stay-in.
  2. Hurricane

Hurricane Amatore

Hyderabad.
    Done, submitted the form.
  3. funkykar

funkykar BANNED

Bangalore
    ^ The roads are excellent. 12-13 hours to Pune is do-able. When we did Bangalore-Pune few months ago, even the super relaxed driving did it in 14 hours. Even a 6-7PM start should do.

Note: This plan may not be suitable for less enduring drivers or with less experience of very long drives.
  4. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    to guys who haven't driven for the entire night before, i would request/suggest to drive during daytime!
    especially since in this case the drive would be after spending the entire day at office. After 4 AM regular drivers are bound to feel sleepy!!
    people who have experience with such drives, please ignore my suggestion!
    1 person likes this.
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ^^ I feel this is the best route to drive in Night, after all somewhere one has to start :). I did my first whole night drive on this road itself.

But yes, feeling sleepy, take power naps, really helpful.

BTW shams, whats your plan?
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  6. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    @Hurricane: We reach home around 9.00 - 10.00PM everyday after work and so it would be difficult for me to start that early with family.

I am not yet sure about the time we might start. I would have to contact and hear from fellow members about their suggestions and plans.
    Once everyone gives their input, then we can come to a conclusion. As always, majority wins.

Ideally, the meet point probably will be located at the ORR exit on the Mumbai highway just after the toll plaza at Patancheru.
    According to google maps, the drive from this location to VITS will be 527kms and 7hrs 46mins.
    So with 3 breaks we should be able to cover this distance in atleast 12hrs.
    Then, I would suggest that we start from the meet point towards Pune at 7.00 AM.
    We should plan the amount of time that we would take to reach the meet point from our respective homes. I would start at 6.00 AM at my home considering it would take atleast 1hr to reach the meet point.

My 2 cents.
    2 people like this.
  7. nithin.v

nithin.v Amatore

Hi Grandeur,
    Waiting for the plans of Navi Mumbai. I am staying in CBD Belapur
  8. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    true Ravi but if at night i would prefer not driving in a group (in this case where we will be starting after office) as everyone will require power nap at different times :) if in a group, people might try to hold their sleep and keep driving..

not sure about my plan yet! i would not prefer driving for the whole night but might end up doing it in case two days of leaves are not possible... :)
    1 person likes this.
  9. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I think this time we are blessed with shorter distance to the destination when compared to the ooty meet or members from some other states. So, even if we start from Hyderabad at around 8.00 a.m. on the 13th we can easily reach the pune by evening or before night fall with two or three breaks.

For the time being let us have consensus on the start point from Hyderabad.

Folks, What do you say?
  10. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    With so long drive, we can't drive in a group anyway. I am just waiting for all to choose category/plan. Share contact numbers in their respective. And then may be we can plan for pit-stops. Contact number will help in case any body stuck with some issue/problems etc.
    Might meet at scheduled pit-stops, if others are arriving at same/similar times, do a checks/calls with other members and move ahead.
    1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.