1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT FACTORY VISIT : 14th December 2012 : Planning Thread

Discussion in 'Team Fiat Meets' started by amogh, Oct 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. punto-er

punto-er Amatore

Bengaluru
    Good you started this thread! I will be coming to the meet. With me will be my wife and TFI-Member KHOJ and his buddies will join us in my TJet. I reside in Kandivali (w) and plan to leave the same day early Morning.

I think we shud plan meeting points in and around Mumbai/N.Mumbai/Thane areas besides people from close-by areas coming in groups. This would avoid any delays and one-two cars being lost at the last minute.

Just my 2 cents :)
  2. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    IMPORTANT NOTE:

Those who have registered for the factory visit please fill this form : TFI Factory Visit Car Count

It is extremely important for us to know the number of cars that are going to visit the factory. This will help us arrange for appropriate parking spots.

Some instructions for the form
    1. In case you are car-pooling (especially members coming from outside Maharashtra) : the member who is getting his car should fill up his details.
    2. Non-Fiat cars are strictly not allowed. You can chose Other only if you are getting a Fiat car that is not present in the list
    3. Please use the same e-mail that you have used in the registration form. That will help us to compile data properly.

Thanks,

TFI Moderators Team
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
    8 people like this.
  3. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Thankyou Vijaya Bhaskar for creating the thread.

My tenative plan is as follows:

13th Dec 2012 : Start from Hyderabad in the morning and reach Pune by evening or night fall.
    Check-in the hotel, have some food and retire for the day.

14th Dec 2012: Fiat Factory Meet
    Reach hotel in the evening after the meet. Have dinner and retire for the day.
    Will probably visit Fiat Caffe if time permits.

15th Dec 2012: Check-out in the morning. Some site seeing in the near by locations or travel back to Hyderabad.
    Depends upon the plans of my family and other members joining from Hyderabad.

P.S: I should be in Hyderabad by 16th morning if travelling with my family as my wife's friend is getting married the same day evening.
    And if travelling alone, can stretch till 16th evening only, as its my wife's b'day the next day or my death day if I am not back by 16th night. :hit

Request other members to update their travel plans so that we can sync, plan and drive together.

Oh BTW, there is TFI-Hyderabad meet being planned to be held on 01st or 02nd Dec (Depending upon the choice of the majority).
    There are lot of new members from Hyderabad now, whom we haven't met and also few old members who could not make it to the earlier meets.
    The meet is to get introduced to the new members and develop a rapport. Further details about travel, route and the drive would also be discussed in this meet.
    I request everyone to attend this meet without fail. This would help a lot in the journey for the Fiat Factory Meet.
  4. Linear

Linear Amatore

Thane
    Hey, thanks. Will you be taking the Thane route or Sion / Airoli route? If you're passing through Thane, we can meet up on Ghodbunder road (I stay there) and proceed from there. I will be taking my Linea. With me I'll have my wife & two sons (most probably).
  5. tganesh

tganesh Amatore

Udupi, Karnataka
    @amogh, There is no contact number field in the form.
    1 person likes this.
  6. halfclutch

halfclutch Amatore

mumbai
    I think we should follow the last times procedure i.e meeting directly at kalamboli McDonalds.
    btw i stay in borivali east. so both airoli and ghodbunder routes are fine with me, except on ghodbunder road one has to pay extra toll :-D which doesn't matter anyway.
  7. punto-er

punto-er Amatore

Bengaluru
    I dont mind taking either route. I haven't been to Pune by road since being back in Mumbai (was in Blre for 8 years), so dont know the pros or cons of either route to chose a preference. But I have heard that Ghodbunder can have truck-jams in non-daytime hours? Is that true? If there is no such problem, then we can surely meet and go together in a small convoy.
    1 person likes this.
  8. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I apologise. Only e-mail is required.

I have removed contact number from my earlier post.

Thanks for pointing that out :)

Amogh
  9. Hurricane

Hurricane Amatore

Hyderabad.
    Thanks Bhaskar for creating this thread.

My plan is almost the same Kiran.

I already marked in my office calendar that I won't be attending work on 13th, 14th and 17th. My plan is to start on 13th early morning and reach Pune by night fall, have some good food there and then retire for the night. As far as the return journey is concerned, I may start on either 16th or 17th morning.

It is better to start as early as possible on 13th morning. I say, if we hit the highway by 4:00 AM we can avoid much of day traffic as well.

Itinerary

13th Dec 2012 : Start from Hyderabad in the morning and reach Pune by evening.

14th Dec 2012: Fiat Factory Meet

15th Dec 2012: Site seeing

16th Dec 2012: Return journey (if I don't have any other plans)

Hotels

VITS costs around 2942/- per night (Includes complimentary buffet breakfast)

Luxury Business Hotel,
    Adjacent to Chhatrapati Shivaji Sports Complex,
    Pune Bangalore Highway,
    Balewadi, Pune - 411 045 (Maharashtra) INDIA
    Tel.: 91-20-66177400 / 6 / 60017555

I am also looking at "Centurion hotel", "The O Pune", "The Central Park Hotel", "Westin". I am sure the prices for these are a bit on the higher side but will check them out and post the cost details here.

On the meet, why don't you go ahead and update the Hyderabad meet thread? Lets create a poll in that thread as well. Whether it's Dec 1st or 2nd, I will be in the meet for sure. Also, did you decide on a venue?
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
  10. halfclutch

halfclutch Amatore

mumbai
    i think we can keep powai hiranandani as an initial meeting point that ll be accessible for everyone i guess?:rolleyes:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.