1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT FACTORY VISIT : 14th December 2012 : Planning Thread

Discussion in 'Team Fiat Meets' started by amogh, Oct 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Hopefully, few of us from Hyderabad will also be there at the Fiat Caffe on Thursday evening.
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
  2. S.K

S.K

mumbai
    I have seen bravo in flesh month back in Italy. It is like merc b class.
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Even I have driven one in Italy. I do not believe the question was posted, actually expecting answers ;)

BTW, how many of you know that the track shown in "The Italian Job", during the famous escape sequence the red white and blue Mini's go 3 wide on the banked rooftop race course with police in hot pursuit, is actually the roof top test track of the now defunct Fiat's Lingotto factory?

Rajan
    2 people like this.
  4. vijaycool

vijaycool

Chennai
    Yay.. I am coming along with teky. Planned start @ 5PM.
    2 people like this.
  5. AbhishekShandilya

AbhishekShandilya Timido

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

You can come with me I resides in Wagholi can pick you from Viman Nagar. PMed my contact no.
    1 person likes this.
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Wow. That is some news.

Again, I am missing this event badly. I should have come back to India for a week to cover this event? :)
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Catch the next flight out and fly straight to Pune. You can still make it ;)

Rajan
  8. ajuvignesh

ajuvignesh Amatore

Chennai, Kanyakumari, Trivandrum.
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    OMG! few lineas are all set to fly @200kmph. hope Linealover is not going to make any promises this time :p
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    You have to read carefully, ajuvignesh. They both are going to travel in teky's Punto. :D
    1 person likes this.
  10. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai
    Sir.. You wont believe this. I was in US and returned 9th early morning India Time. Started to Kodai by 8AM 9th Dec with minimal sleep of say abt 3-4hrs after a 26 hr air journey.

Twist in the tale was when myself and my wife decided to visit Palani (enroute to Kodai) and when I went to the temple - one word MAD RUSH due to Ayyappa season.. so had to go to the temple by foot instead of winch.. Reached Kodai by 11.30pm in the night. Crashed at around 12.00am to wake up to an office call by 5 am..

So spent 10th Dec in Kodai with a mix of office work and fun..actual plan was to return only by Wednesday (12th). But destiny had other things in for me.. Stumbled upon this thread and my heart started to ache that I am missing a FIAT meet, that too, to the FIAT Factory.. Just due to this - didn't sleep until 5am in the morning today thinking of ways to make myself available to the meet..(leave, pending work from office, logistics given the fact that I was in Kodai).. Finally decided to go with the HEART to see the Factory which builds cars with a Heart and Soul..

Checked out from Kodai forefeiting the extra money that I had paid for today.. Reached home by 6pm and started with the Office work. I have the next 24 hrs to wrap up the office work and hop onto Teky's car for the meet.

Man, The only brand that can make a GUY to GO ON HIS KNEES. There is something in FIAT.
    11 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.