1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT FACTORY VISIT : 14th December 2012 : Planning Thread

Discussion in 'Team Fiat Meets' started by amogh, Oct 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Guys i have one question ?
    Is Factory at Pune Rajangoan a TATA facility lended to FIAT for manufacturing cars.. after the parting is this still owned by TATA's
  2. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    Only the sales and service are seperated out from TATA not the manufacturing AFAIK.
    1 person likes this.
  3. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Thanks Shams. It ends at only 12 PM. When KA team is planning to reach pune? If they are planning to start on 6th then there is a possibility of me to join with them at Nipani. :)

Few queries:
    1. Where people will be staying when they reach Pune on 6th?
    2. Around what time the program starts on 7th?
    3. Any idea about the plan at 7th? Can we return on 7th?
  4. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Nothing is clear yet, but my assumptions are as follows

All Teams from South will be reaching Pune by 06th evening.
    Teams from Kerala and TN might start a day earlier and halt some where in Karnataka (probably Hubli) overnight and start again on 06th to Pune.
    AP & Karnataka teams will start on 06th morning and will reach Pune by evening. My guess is that Karanataka team will tag along with Kerala and TN teams at Hubli to reach Pune.
    AP team will take a different route and would have to travel alone.
    We should all probably find a decent hotel with ample parking space nearby the meet point and stay together. What say teams?

The last visit started at 8.00AM with breakfast @ VITS.
    Probably will take the whole day and might end by 6.00PM.

The next 2 days being a weekend, people might probably visit places nearby Pune or extend their trip to elsewhere.
    4 people like this.
  5. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    IMPORTANT:

Please do not finalize your plans / itinerary / travel schedule etc. We are trying to plan an additional activity / event after the factory visit. A few options are being explored. We will be able to give a firm update in the next 8-10 days.
    3 people like this.
  6. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai
    Dear Amogh, One quick question..

I may choose to come by air from Chennai to Pune and hop on one of the FIAT cars from Pune to the Factory. In this case, I am not sure which car I will be hoping on-to and because of this I am not sure which car I must choose during the registration process. Will it be OK if I choose any car for now (Linea or Punto). Pls let me know.

Meanwhile, I am also exploring the options to get my T-Jet.. just thinking about the BIG hole it will create to my pocket!

In any case, I will come. I will register, once you clarify which car I must choose in the form if I come by air.
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2012
  7. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Choose the car that you own :)

If you get it : Great !!

If you don't : hop into some other Fiat
    1 person likes this.
  8. dhans4all

dhans4all Amatore

Chennai
    Teky I am also planning but not sure as of now. need to check with my fiance :(
    if everything goes well, will join with you :-D from chennai
  9. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Ranjangaon factory is owned by FIAT and infact its lended to TATA to manufacture manza inside the plant. Fiat assembles manza for tata.
    1 person likes this.
  10. raj29

raj29 Superiore

WOW :clapping

This is the excitement showing love for FIAT

Great thoughts flowoing in from everyone.
    Waiting for the Mods to confirm the finaly itenary to be able to decide on the stay, travel (am travelling from Bangalore) and meet points etc.
    This is going to be one memorable trip/meet for everyone i think :dancing
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2012
    1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.