1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT FACTORY VISIT : 14th December 2012 : Planning Thread

Discussion in 'Team Fiat Meets' started by amogh, Oct 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Re: TamilNadu Team- Travel Plan to Pune

Thank you sir.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
  2. addy

addy Amatore

Bangalore
    I was planning to have breakfast at Davangere depending on the time we reach there. There is a Benne dosa hotel just a couple of kms from the highway inside the city. The place is called Kottureshwara Benne Dose hotel and is opposite the Bapuji Dental College hostel.

Instead of forming groups and driving, we can start off together and drive at our own pace and reach one common point before we disperse for the evening. Not everybody can keep the same speed, so it will be difficult to stay together during the drive. Since we are twenty cars, we are bound to pass each other anyway at some point or the other. Just my thoughts :)
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  3. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Hi Addy, I have no issues with change of breakfast location but the concern is if we go into the town it will add to time and also am not sure if everyone makes it to the place will there be enough space to park all the cars and traffic created due to so many cars entering!! I dont know about this location and traffic condition etc at the place you mentioned.

I agree with your point on driving off according to everybodys pace.
    May be everyone can drive off as per individual schedule and meet where ever possible instead of meeting at one place?
  4. addy

addy Amatore

Bangalore
    Raj, most of the 20 cars will probably make the same stops you have mentioned as those are the most recommended places. So, at least most of them will meet.

I agree with you on the going into town part. It will add some time and that is why I mentioned that it will not be possible to drive together. Since this will be early in the morning, I don't think there will be any traffic issues either. This place is quite popular with the NH4 (morning) travelers and is pretty crowded during weekends.
  5. bluepunter

bluepunter Amatore

Bangalore
    Kottureshwara would be a very good option for hot, mouth watering benne dosa. But getting all 20+ cars parked near this place would be a tedious job. Since it is a weekday morning, I expect too many college goers using this narrow road. Last time when I had been there we had to search a lot to get parking for our 2 cars.
    2 people like this.
  6. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Reading these posts actually making my mouth watering :D but this time i will give it a miss and carry on with drive on NH4
  7. bluepunter

bluepunter Amatore

Bangalore
    Even if you change the number you will get caught. 'D' is given for yellow board cars in Karnataka :p.
    3 people like this.
  8. No probs.. What about KA 41 MJ..?:D
  9. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    group 2 guys everyone pls stick to the plan posted by Raj!! if everyone drives/ stops wherever they wan't to then it would become too time consuming. in that case it would be better to meet at pune straightaway!!

20 cars is not a very big number for driving together..especially on this highway!! we have driven in larger groups on narrower roads in the past meets !!
    4 people like this.
  10. All set now! Starting from Coimbatore by 5:30 am tomorrow to Hubli! Route will be via Hosur-Tumkur since the situation in the Mysore route is still unchanged. See you all in Pune ;)
    7 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.