1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT FACTORY VISIT : 14th December 2012 : Planning Thread

Discussion in 'Team Fiat Meets' started by amogh, Oct 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thank you sir! If the situation improves, it will be Samrajnagar, else Bangalore-Tumkur. Fingers Crossed :(
    1 person likes this.
  2. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    As I don't want to discuss it here, I posted my experience in this appropriate thread.
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2012
  3. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Exactly this is what happened to me at Ooty, but mine is an Active variant and does not have a central lock installed. I opened the boot to place some luggage using the key, the rest of the car was locked. I put the key on the parcel tray, placed the luggage inside and bang closed the boot. :) Simple.
    1 person likes this.
  4. Hurricane

Hurricane Amatore

Hyderabad.
    No way, I don't want to go through that experience again. Gosh, I can't imagine the look on your face when it happened. It's equally funny and scary. lol. But boy, thinking about it, it's a very cool trick. No wonder they say nothing is "fool proof" and that there is always a simple solution to everything :p

But I never tried that and want to see how it happens. I think I will do try it out today. (Of course, I do have my spare key).

Finally, you got a mileage of 14.3 Kmpl. Mine sticks hovers around 14 in city and in highway it gives much better. :clapping

I take it that you didn't have a spare key at that time. How did the RSA guys opened up the boot in your case? Did they drill a hole as well?

Well to keep things simple, I never removed the key while unlocking the boot till now. The key always stays there in the lock and I remove the key only after I close the boot. ::T
  5. mvsun1

mvsun1

Hi folks
    i registered for fiat factory visit that is commencing on 14thDec'2012. unfortunately i got entry for 3 participants (including me). But we are 2couples so i need an entry for another pariticpant. kindly let me know if anyone has dropouts in their list of participants to accomodate my participant in their list.i am travelling from hyderabad.
    waiting for reply...

thanks

mvsun1
  6. Thinking of changing the Number of my car as KA 52 D 5858.. :-D

JK.. juz kidding..:evilsmile
    2 people like this.
  7. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    Re: TamilNadu Team- Travel Plan to Pune

Guys from chennai , just to be safe as you have to travel through entire karnataka is it not possible to go via andhra, touch hyderbad and then to pune? Just a thought as google map shows that route to be of almost equi distance as nh4. Im not sure about the road conditions though.

tasting the Italian delight!
  8. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Hyderabad to Pune stretch has some bad sections. Whichever route the Chennai folks take [either Chittoor/Kolar or Krishnagiri/Hosur] is fully safe and there is no issues at all.
    1 person likes this.
  9. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Re: TamilNadu Team- Travel Plan to Pune

Ravi Sir: How safe is it in the route that we discussed when we met in Chennai last week?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
  10. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    By the time you enter Bangalore, it will be night; so both the routes are fully safe. Right now, there is no problem at inter-state border at Hosur.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.