1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT FACTORY VISIT : 14th December 2012 : Planning Thread

Discussion in 'Team Fiat Meets' started by amogh, Oct 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    Approx 3hours,keeping in mind the south mumbai and pune traffic.
  2. adit

adit Regolare

Bangalore
    oh damn....i cant b a part of this visit :( :( am gonna b outta the country again :( ....hope those going have a good trip and turns out to be a fruitful visit.
  3. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    From Andheri - FIAT factory it takes approx 3hrs - max 3.5 hrs with one chai stop. The route is to take the exit @ the second expressway toll (Talegaon) cross the old Mumbai-Pune Highway - Chakan - Shikrapur - Ranjangaon. I am attaching the route for info.

Kiran

Mumbai - Fiat.jpg
    2 people like this.
  4. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Guys : The meeting point is going to be somewhere in Pune. We will have breakfast and then proceed to factory. Mumbai guys therefore have to enter Pune
  5. praful

praful

Bangalore
    I'm new around here, and am not sure of how things happen on this forum.

But I'd suggest that the meeting point/breakfast point be somewhere on the outskirts of Pune and even better it was along the route to Ranjangaon. Reason being entering Pune city and syncing up for breakfast and that too on a working day might be a bit difficult considering traffic and availability of a parking space.

That way the folks coming in from Mumbai don't have to enter the city and people don't waste time entering/exiting/getting lost in the city :)

Just a thought! :)
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  6. My wife is not in for the game. So I have asked for my friends if they would be interested. Is it OK to bring my friends (3 or 4) along or is it strictly for the Fiat Owners ???
  7. PuntoMJD

PuntoMJD Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Extracted from first post.

Some important points:

This visit is open for all TFI Members, their friends & relatives etc.
    Families, spouses, kids are welcome. However do note that the premises is huge and one has to walk considerable distances. Small children, elders with disabilities might find it physically challenging.
    In 2010, Fiat had applied "FIAT" sticker to all member cars on the right & left front doors. They may do the same this time too! The stickers look quite cool and only those who had been to the factory get those
    Breakfast and lunch are taken care of by Fiat. The hospitality they displayed in 2010 was phenomenal and everybody had walked back impressed
    1 person likes this.
  8. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Don't worry : that is how it will be :)
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2012
  9. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    For down south it will be a drive - Bangalore Pune 837km 12hrs journey.. we have to start Thursday morning to reach there by evening plan could be

1. 6th Dec Start in the morning reach Pune by evening
    2. 7th Dec Start to Factory back in the evening
    3. 8th Dec Start in the morning reach Bangalore by evening .. Rest on 9th Sunday start fresh to office on Monday..:)
    2 people like this.
  10. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Will the meet point be VITS again??
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.