1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT FACTORY VISIT : 14th December 2012 : Planning Thread

Discussion in 'Team Fiat Meets' started by amogh, Oct 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Hi guys, As we have less than a week ahead of the event request to put down the final plan details - itenary - breakup - time - meeting points - Lunch breaks .. etc

Thx..Surya
  2. Re: Fiat factory visit - Hyderabad Plan

Why should we give a damn about other marutis? Its not that we have to make our car drag race ready for cases like this...one thing I would like to add is that swift/swift dZIRE feels fast, but they are only upto a speed of about 80 after that its not that noticeable. .any day a punto/linea is faster on the highways...swift makes sense in the traffic only, atleast I like driving it that way..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
  3. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Just back after a trip to annavaram, during my return journey I was tail gating a Tata Safari and we were constantly around 120, the highway (NH-5) has slight bends and on seeing the bend Safariwala touches his brakes, to maintain distance I had to lift off my foot from accelarator. After some time I was vexed with this taking off leg from accelerator just overtook safari and enjoyed the drive.

But, from standstill to take-off swifts for that matter even 800's are zooming past, I generally don't like crossing 1500 Rpm in 1st gear and 2nd gear.
  4. ccprakash

ccprakash Regolare

Bangalore
    Still i didnt understand Why to drag on the traffic signals. i think whatever the acceleration that is coming with punto/linea is more than enough in my opinion.
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    There are a variety of vehicles stopped at the signal. Two wheelers, by virtue of size have an advantage. Ironically, trucks and buses also have the same advantage, albeit being in the other end of the spectrum. I personally think it is immature to indulge in a drag at traffic signals. I mean, what exactly are we trying to prove? I believe that you need not always be the first, to be the best.

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    not about drag,i'm talking about the turbo lag... i have not found such turbo lag in the other cars for ex:-Ford Figo as well.

no mate its not enough,you need to revv hard above 3000 rpm also in 1st and 2nd, atleast in my case its there..... i mean the sluggishness..
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Oh OK. I am sorry I misunderstood your post. I am not the right person to comment on turbo lag, I have not owned any diesel cars. I own the T-Jet now, so, what is turbo lag? :D

Rajan
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The difference between "not working" and "working" when press of accel pedal is called lag...
    as our cars are turbo charged ,hence it is called turbo lag ;)

in our cars(diesel) the turbo kicks-in @1800 or 1700 rpm,again also depends on the slotted gear.
  9. Hurricane

Hurricane Amatore

Hyderabad.
    @BOSS Kiran lol.. If my boot is not enough, I will even fill your car's boot with sugar canes. :up When it comes to "Catch me if you can" no one does it better than you. :redcar

No wonder you got a celebrity status in Hyd. Cheers.. When is the Party anna?

Sluggishness? Common, there is a bit of turbo lag and nothing else. As long as you maintain a steady acceleration you will reach the destination in no time. But you already know that don't you ::V

Agreed that there is a turbo lag but what about it. Every diesel engine has this problem and it all depends on how we tackle that lag effectively. The trick is to maintain the vehicle at higher rpms all the time.

Well said Arnab. Acceleration is not everything. It's the stability and the responsiveness that matters. The stability of punto's/lineas cant be compared with others.

I agree with you on this. In traffic, why do we even want that extra power anyway? The more power we use to gain a head start, the more we have to utilize our breaks. To me, this just doesn't make any sense. :D

You can always get a punch buddy but again it depends on how much you want to push the vehicle in 1st gear. That being said, I encounter the same situation daily here and I never felt that my car lacked the punch. When it comes to honking, People are so addicted to it that they will start honking at you for no reason at all even if you are 100 - 200 mts away.

The one thing that we all need to think about is why do we even want to drive at higher rpms in city traffic. It not effective at all and moreover you are just burning more fuel.

The initial acceleration might be better in swifts/dezires but again this depends on ones driving skills. If you want to gain a head start you can always do so any vehicle. Even on a Maruti 800.

The confidence that this car gives out at higher speeds is simply amazing. The first gear is short. Period and that's about it. I personally feel that if we are pushing the vehicle more than 1500 Rpm in 1st gear then you are clearly over doing it. I push the vehicle mostly in the 2nd gear, that's where we can gain the maximum power.

It all depends on one's driving skills and YES, the acceleration that is coming with Punto/Linea is more than enough.

Rightly said PatchyBoy, A biker gets an headstart all the time in city traffic. So what does this really prove? Nothing.

Whoa.. 3000 rmp in 1st and 2nd?? This is news to me. Did you get it checked at a service center. I can understand if you are talking about 2000 rpm but 3000 is way above the mark IMHO. Can anyone else shed some light on this?

Turbo lag is nothing but the delay when a driver steps on the accelerator until the extra power generated by the turbocharger arrives. It's just that the vehicle feels a bit sluggish until the extra power comes from the turbo catcher and boy, when that power comes up, trust me, you will be in for a joy ride for sure.

Now please let's put an end to this. We are seriously going OT.
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    You will feel this, on your highway drive soon :D ,i bet, you will not be always sedate driver on the highways, atleast for a change you need to get an adrenaline push for yourselves to have fun drive and that period i wish you face a swift dejjireee (i have already experienced it twice on NH-9 from Zaheerabad till Naldurg and NH-4 :D ).
    That was last post for being OT.
    1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.