1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT FACTORY VISIT : 14th December 2012 : Planning Thread

Discussion in 'Team Fiat Meets' started by amogh, Oct 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Not at all possible in 4-1/2 hrs
    Road conditions :- The major one is the Humnabad stretch of about 30 Kms this affects your journey time very badly,rest all roads are good and the only problem is the day time traffic,two wheelers,auto rikshaws,people walking around the roads and now its sugarcane season(sugar cane being transported to sugar factory) going around in maharashtra you will find more tractors and bullock carts on the road, this might also affect your journey....
    1 person likes this.
  2. nehamit

nehamit Timido

Ahmedabad
    Hi Everybody from Mumbai/Navi Mumbai,
    I am also planning to join you people as taking break in Mumbai on 13 night. Please inform your plan.
  3. Puntom

Puntom Amatore

Bengaluru
    I just spoke with a person who can do this for us.
    An A4 size poster with a sticker so that we can post it on the inside of the glass can be made in 3 days.
    I just asked him for 50 numbers and he told it will cost 30-40 rupees per poster (colour)
    A4 size poster on any corner of the windshield should not block any view in my opinion, but I'll ask him about the sticker anyway(say A5 or A6 size)
    We'll rule out the flag for the moment

If everyone says ok, I'll try to get it done this weekend.

Since we are not putting names, doing it for all the participants also is not a big problem.
    If mods give a nod, I can ask him to make 200 numbers
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  4. Hurricane

Hurricane Amatore

Hyderabad.
    WOW Sugarcanes :dancing:dancing. I will fill up my entire boot space with these this time.

I heard the same that Humnabad stretch of about 30-40 Kms is bad. I thought how bad can it be? Moreover I think I read few comments in the HVK forum that they did the entire Pune-Hyd stretch in 8-9 hrs and that's how I thought that its doable if we follow strict timelines. Anyways thanks for letting us about the road conditions. I am sure that it will help us a lot.
    1 person likes this.
  5. halfclutch

halfclutch Amatore

mumbai
    where are you going to be in mumbai ?
  6. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Hi Puntom, Nice idea.
    But i would suggest to use a sticker rather than a poster or flag.
    Also a smaller size sticker which would indicate the vehicle being part of the factory visit at a common location on all the rides would be a good idea (Just like TFI stickers)!!
    IMO, A5 or A6 will be little bigger than liking.
  7. swgaan

swgaan Amatore

MH-46
    Panvel, Maharashtra
    Grande Punto 1.3
    A prototype of the color poster / sticker will be of good help, so that all can see how its going to be, so "Puntom" is it possible to attach it on this thread?
  8. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Thanks a lot Ganges for the updates. We are considering 12hrs for the trip from Hyderabad to Pune with breaks for breakfast and lunch and probably a tea break.
    I am sure Hurricane will set a new record of travel time between Hyderabad and Pune as he should be evading the guys after filling up his boot with sugar canes ;) "Catch me if you can" style :)

NFS (Need for Sugarcane) MOST WANTED :D

As per online reviews and information, people claim to do this stretch under 10hrs easily. Lets see how my sluggish Punto will perform on this road.
    1 person likes this.
  9. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    if its swift or swift dezziree its possible considering the peppier engine,acceleration and in 0-100Kmph swift-dezzzire is good car...
    our cars are like bull it needs more time to wakeup... :D
    due to day traffic clutch depress acceleration turbo lag makes irritating sometimes... if the same you are in swift its more peppier and fast acceleration as well.0-100 Kmph performance car is more than enough on this road ;)
  10. Puntom

Puntom Amatore

Bengaluru
    So liking of people here seems to be for the stickers

I will do the colour design today and attach it.

Just for idea, the TFI stickers are somewhere in between A5 and A6 (bigger than A6 and smaller than A5)

Approx sizes:
    A4=12"x8"
    A5=8"x6"
    A6=6"x4"
    1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.