1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT FACTORY VISIT : 14th December 2012 : Planning Thread

Discussion in 'Team Fiat Meets' started by amogh, Oct 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Re: TamilNadu Team- Travel Plan to Pune

As of now we have decided to start from chennai on 12th evening. Reach bangalore by night and join with Ravi sir for a night ride to pune and reach pune by 13th afternoon.

tasting the Italian delight!
    4 people like this.
  2. I will be booking flight tickets by this weekend as waiting for wife's leave confirmation. I so wanted to drive down but due to running projects, won't be able to take leaves.

I will be reaching by 13th Night and visit factory on 14th and then back to Delhi by 16 Dec.

Is there any place to visit in/around Pune so that I can convince my wife more :) also can any one help me with a good budget hotel in Pune so that I can make booking there from Pune airport.

Also as of now, my plan is to reach Pune on 13th night, stay in a hotel. 14th morning take a cab and reach Rajangaon (where all team fiat members would be meeting) and then head towards factory.

Is my plan sound ok? Actually this would be my first visit to Pune hence the question.

Not sure how I would go to factory from the meeting point as per mods, only punto / linea can go to factory but what about ppl coming by flight/train/bus or did I miss anything?
  3. Ashish Agrawal

Ashish Agrawal Timido

I will be in Bombay on 13th for some work in Dadar Area & plan to stay spend the night in there (king circle area to be precise) & move for Pune on 14th morning to reach Pune timely.......very keen on knowing if its doable ? How long does it take to reach Pune? I guess there is a direct route from king circle / sion road that joins the express way?

Also how guys from Bombay area are actually planning to move to pune on 14th early morning itself ??
    I am pretty keen on not spending any nights in pune.......
  4. Rachit Bhatnagar

Rachit Bhatnagar Amatore

Hi Gonu,
    I am also coming from Dehradun but not taking my T-Jet+ so I put a request in registration thread for some TFIan whom I can join in his car. Got a response from Shashank so most probably I will be coming in his car. Waiting for the mods mail regarding meeting point & 14th Dec schedule so that I can plan further.
    You can also ask members in the forum & definitely you will get someone to take you to Ranjangaon
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Just got back from the meet. It was a nice experience meeting you guys. All I could get was this one lousy picture. I will leave it to the others for add more pictures and details :D

meet pic.jpg

7 people like this.
  6. raj29

raj29 Superiore

It was indeed nice meeting everyone of you at the meet and had a nice time.
    To top it, meeting the DIY expert Rajan was a great experience and listening to the experince he shared about his DIYs was good too :p.

This is what we discussed on being the tentative plan for the Factory trip for those starting on 13th Dec'12 Early morning

Start early morning @ 4AM from home
    Meet @ Kamat upchar after the toll gate (Venka can share the exact location of this place) by 5AM
    Start from there @ 5AM and reach Pune before sunset (ideally by 4PM or 5PM)

An hour early would be good too, let the thoughts flow :)

Attaching some picture from todays meet below. Taken from mobile cam, didnt take a cam :-(

The FIATs at Confident Amoon

Members engorsed in a discussion
    Left to Right : Patchy Boy, Venka, Shams, Jayakrishnakola, Jyakrishnakola's friend Surya

Rides stopped for a photoshoot

Left to Right: Arnab, Rajan's (PatchyBoy) Wife, Arnab's Wife, PatchyBoy, Shams, Venka

Rides @ photo shoot, Left to Right: Sham's Punto, PatchyBoy's Tjet, Venka's Punto, my Dhanno (aka Punto 90HP), Arnabs Punto Sport

The latest list for the Factory visit plan

1. 12-dec-2012 - Night - To reach Pune on 13th Noon and take rest for 14th visit.

1. Ravi
    2. J Ravi
    3. PathFinder - 90 HP
    4. nkrishnap - Linea 1.3 MJD

2. 13-Dec-2012 - Early Morning - To reach Pune on 13th Late evening or night, take rest for 14th visit.

2. Saz_tec
    3. Raj29 +2 -- Punto 90HP
    4. wolverine_arnab---Punto 90HP
    5. Rohit Tunga
    6. saurav -- Punto
    7. pdydeva
    8. tganesh -- Punto 90HP, from Udupi and joining convoy some where in Belgaum.
    9. DRIV3R+1 - Punto 75HP (From Chennai via Bangalore)
    10. Auto Freak - Punto 90 HP (From Chennai via Bangalore)
    11. jayakrishna kola

3. 13-Dec-2012 - Afternoon - To reach Pune on 14th Morning and directly go for visit.

Please add your names according to your preferances.

My plan is
    13th Start Early morning (4am !!), reach Pune by evening -- stay/halt @ Pune
    14th Factory Visit, after the Factory visit will leave directly to Shirdi -- stay/halt @ Shirdi
    15th Shirdi to Aurangabad (ellora caves and any other places around, as time permits), stay @ Aurangabad (yet to book stay)
    16th check places in Aurangabad, Ajanta caves and move to Hyderbad
    stay @ Hyderabad for couple of days and then return to Bangalore
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2012
    7 people like this.
  7. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Yes; 2 hours.
    Eastern Expressway, Sion-Panvel Expressway, and then, Yashwantrao Chavan Exprssway [Mumbai-Pune Expressway].
  8. Shadowfax

Shadowfax Regolare

Re: Fiat Factory Visit - Mumbai/Navi Mumbai/Thane Plan

If your regn is confirmed... We would be happy to accomodate u in mumbai convoy. Please follow this thread for more info

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  9. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Are there any car pooling plans?

10. khoj

khoj Amatore

I will give you two options to go to the plant from your hotel

1. You could ride with me & my friend OR
    2. I could hook you up with a member who is riding with his wife in case you guys prefer another couple for company rather than stags. I and my friend were going to ride in their T Jet+ but then I decided to drive so his jet's rear seat is now vacant. These guys are going to drive in from Thane to Poona on 14th morning so let me know in case either of the two options appeal to you.

I myself am aiming to check in to a hotel around Nagar road per my post above on 13th eve. My friend will come in from Navi mumbai and join me from my hotel on 14th morning.

As for hotels there are quite a few but I am keeping my options open as I am unsure of my arrival time @Poona. It just might happen that I stay back in Thane for 13th night and drive to Poona on 14th morning but will try and avoid that scenario. Let me know your budget and I could suggest a few places.

Drive from Poona to Ranjangaon is 50kms one way. You can easily get private taxis as this is one of the largest industrial hubs in the region but then you really won't need to get one unless you wish to make excursions onwards from ranjangaon say to Shirdi etc.

As for places of interest within Poona I could suggest a few but then what are the areas of interest for you viz. religious, touristy, sight seeing, shopping, night life etc. etc.

Hey PaddleShifter,

If you can get leaves from the 9th then you could tag along with me and my friend as we make our way to Thane & then on to Poona. That is if you do not mind the company of two "uncles" :rolleyes: who will truly appreciate a young man's company every time we need some running around to be done and of course you will be worth your wait in GOLD if {God forbid} there was a puncture ;)

On a more serious note, you may want to get in touch with ManUTDian. He too wanted to pool up, maybe you get your vehicle and he could drive or something like that.

Actually if three or four guys could pool in a single vehicle and take turns driving the Dilli - Poona run can easily be done in 18-20 hours of non stop driving. A friend and fellow Team Fiat member Parimal had driven down (for the F1 event) with two of his friend in his Punto sports from Kalyan via the Ahmedabad-Jaipur route in 24 odd hours and returned via the Indore route in 22 hours. Point to be noted here is that all three are experienced drivers with tens of thousands of kilometers in Highway driving under their belts. I am not saying everyone should emulate what they did (my own travel plan is a case in point) but am saying that this could be done in two days with an overnight stay in between.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.