1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT FACTORY VISIT : 14th December 2012 : Planning Thread

Discussion in 'Team Fiat Meets' started by amogh, Oct 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Note : The registrations for the factory visit have now closed!

Dear TFI'ians,

It's back ! It's back !! It's back !!!

A lot of you have been asking if a Fiat Factory visit would be possible anytime soon. Well : your wishes have been answered. Fiat India has been gracious enough to invite us to see the Fiat Factory at Ranjangaon. This event will be held on 14th December 2012 The date is final and cannot be changed.

For those who have missed out in 2010, you can see this thread. We had an absolute blast!

Same as last time all of you have enough time to plan your trip. We hope that this time around TFI will turn out in even larger numbers and make the event a bigger success than last time. Note that the visit is on a Friday (a working day) and most of us will have to apply for leaves. There is sufficient time to plan for this visit and inform the concerned at your workplace.

Some important points:
    • In 2010, Fiat had applied "FIAT" sticker to all member cars on the right & left front doors. They may do the same this time too! The stickers look quite cool and only those who had been to the factory get those ;)
    • Breakfast and lunch are taken care of by Fiat. The hospitality they displayed in 2010 was phenomenal and everybody had walked back impressed

Schedule for the day:

• Meet at 8.00 am at the common meeting point on Pune-Ahmednagar Road (Venue being finalised. Final discussions going on)
    • Have breakfast at the meeting point (Will be organised by Fiat)
    • Leave for the factory by 9.30 am
    • Reach factory by 10.30 am
    • Take the factory tour + lunch + afternoon tea at the factory
    • Start return journey by 5.30 pm

Based on the experiences of the previous visit and feedback from Fiat we would like to state a few rules here (indicative but not exhaustive list):
    1. If you are associated with the automobile industry - this visit is not a platform to promote your products / services / groups. We received a few complaints of this nature during the previous visit.
    2. Please display gentleman like behaviour. The employees from the factory take their time out to explain the working of the factory to us. Last thing they want is someone treating them with disrespect or joking about them. We are going there as a guest. Let us behave like one!
    3. After reaching the factory - the factory officials instructions (especially about safety) have to be S-T-R-I-C-T-L-Y followed. We do not want any mishaps or injuries in the factory.

Please note that Fiat has every right to ask a TFI'ian to leave the premises if they observe any objectionable behaviour.

We will keep updating this thread with relevant and more information. We are currently deciding on the meeting point and other logistics. The information will be updated as soon as we finalise the program.

Registration Process:

Registrations for the factory visit are now CLOSED!

We have created a "Temporary Registration Form" which you can fill up if you wish to attend the visit. We are sure there are going to be cancellations, drop outs and as and when there is space we will push the entries from the "Temporary Form" to the "Confirmed List". Do note that "Outstation Members" will get priority here.

City wise list of participants : Click Here
    These members can co-ordinate with each other via e-mail to plan the drive.

Also please do not post comments like "Count me in, add my name to the list etc" in this thread. The only way you can register for this event is by filling up the above registration form.

IMPORTANT NOTE:

Those who have registered for the factory visit please fill this form : TFI Factory Visit Car Count

It is extremely important for us to know the number of cars that are going to visit the factory. This will help us arrange for appropriate parking spots.

Some instructions for the form
    1. In case you are car-pooling (especially members coming from outside Maharashtra) : the member who is getting his car should fill up his details.
    2. Non-Fiat cars are strictly not allowed. You can chose Other only if you are getting a Fiat car that is not present in the list
    3. Please use the same e-mail and contact number that you have used in the registration form. That will help us to compile data properly.

Please read this post. It is important.

We look forward to an enthusiastic participation from all of you for this event

Regards,

TFI Moderators Team
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2012
    75 people like this.
  2. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Registered successfully...:)
    Untitled.png
    2 people like this.
  3. venka

venka BANNED

Wow , the most awaited factory visit. Thanks a lot Mods for your efforts. Registered in the form :)
  4. Aanand

Aanand Amatore

Pune
    Yipppeee!:dancing
    However, on 07 Dec 12 I cannot avoid attending the wedding ceremonies of a close relative.
    So, can't accompany you all.
    Shall look forward to the detailed report on this thread.
  5. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    Great Work Amogh! This is the True National Meet we wanted to have for so long !!! :wow:redcar
  6. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

IN
    Can we take photographs inside?
  7. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Depends on where you want to take them. Some areas are strictly prohibited for photography.
  8. ninads123

ninads123

Nashik
    Registrations are open till what date?
  9. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Unless FIAT approves it, you cannot take photographs inside the factory.

Me desparately want to join. I am working it out, hoping for the best.
  10. Puntom

Puntom Amatore

Bengaluru
    Come what may, me and my Abarth will be present there.
    Registration has been done and I recieved the "registered successfully" mail as well.
    Due to shortage of leaves, I can only leave Bangalore on the evening of December 6th.

What an event to look forward to before December 21st 2012 :)
    3 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.