1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat eyes suzuki or mazda partnership

Discussion in 'Fiat Global News' started by clash81, Mar 4, 2012.

1. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2012
  2. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

There are rumors about Peugeot as well. In-fact the strongest chances are for Peugeot according to what the reports have been revealing 10-15 days back. Idea is to minimize cost with common number of platforms across range of companies. For eg. if it's Suzuki, they will get B/C platforms (for new cars), MJD2 & Multiair engines, gearboxes etc. There could even be re-badging FIAT as Suzuki or FIAT could utilize Maruti's after-sales & sales N/W.

Suzuki too is a high probability too because of the recent feud of Suzuki with VW. FIAT or other makers not leaking any information what so ever but there is definitely something happening behind curtains. Mazda is a recent entry though.
  3. clash81

clash81 Regolare

A good article from Hindu Business Line :

Business Line : Opinion : Suzuki and Fiat should come together

I seriously feel that a Suzuki deal makes more sense than tying up with another European unstable ship. The recent agreement to supply engines for Suzuki in India is also an inkling.

In the case of Suzuki SX4, there is already some agreement with FIAT in place. Isnt it?
  4. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

FIAT & Suzuki's vehicles are completely different themes & objectives doesn't matter even if they belong to same segment.
    Personally i would hate to see any Suzuki product with a FIAT badge on it. I wonder why FIAT is even considering that?
    They will end up leaking technologies their new C-EVO platform, TCT, The new 4X4 system (4RM), twin-multi air engines.
    Chrysler has sold 1,34,000 vehicles last month in US. They are becoming a big threat for FORD & GM in US with 8 more launches this year only. FIAT should earn it in Asia Pacific rather than a short cut. They have already paid enough with even beggars becoming pioneer in CRDI technology.
    Amit Rox likes this.
  5. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Sure, any partnership is always on a give and take note.

More than that, i understand that the global auto majors are increasingly finding it difficult to do business on their own. Partnerships are springing across all over and in that sense, i feel suzuki is a better option than any European manufacturers.
    prabhjot likes this.
  6. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Yes clash, Given that FIAT does have so-so influence in Asia Pacific region, Suzuki alliance could prove a good one & a shortcut for FIAT. What is worrying is that they might degrade their vehicles with such JVs. Since it's Given/Taken scenario, obviously Suzuki will get a few platforms that give birth to rock solid, sturdy & fun to drive vehicles whereas FIAT will get the platforms of Ritz (splash), Pixel, Swifts:dance.
    What else one might look at from this JV? May be utilization of Suzuki's A.S.S. & outlets in India.

As an end user. We hardly care whether FIAT is popular/profit making/Global auto giant or not. I am all interested into the standard their vehicles maintain. That would be challenged for sure. Don't expect any impact beams for safety if vehicle is FIAT badged but the platform is borrowed from Suzuki:(.
  7. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

ENKI it's not that Suzuki platform is weak it's the body parts which are flimsy and Suzuki cars do have impact beams in them.
    Even if Fiat partners with Suzuki and use their platform Suzuki can't stop Fiat to use heavy grade material for building their cars. Fiat can make changes and customize it as required to make it drive and behave like a Fiat.
    Example drive a Rapid and Vento back to back, the Skoda Rapid drives much better than the Vento though both share same platform and looks same from side and back.
    Infact the new Swift is fun to drive around corners not as stable as Fiat but pretty good and enjoyable
  8. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Sure Vijay, But i would stop following the FIAT very next second onwards they start adding Suzuki's aspects in their vehicles.
    Even if there is no badge, all of FIATians including you can conclude with in 1 min. drive, whether a car belongs to FIAT or not. I don't want that essence to be sacrificed somewhere for corporate interests. We have to see how FIAT manages it. They may get millions of buyers with these moves but not a single passionate followers like me & you:). It's simply a business call, as simple as it gets!
  9. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

I would hate for Maruto to be sold as Fiat or Fiat to be sold as Maruti. Eeeeeew!
  10. S A SHAH

S A SHAH Regolare

Linea T-Jet
    May be we get the Sedici4X4 back to ride it as Fiat-Sedici4x4. We FIAT-LOVERS are well off in present scenario, atleast TATA has the feeling that FIAT makes better passenger cars than any other manufacturer. What will be the fate of our LineaTjet+ ?, I'm a potetial aspirant, striving to get one piece or wait for Tjet+2012.
    Due to bitten by FIAT-bug, I'm not thinking of any other brand to live with. Because, WE live with our FIATs....!
    2 people like this.