1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Exclusive - Vecto Motors, Inauguration on March 2nd

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Feb 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Wow nice pictures guys.

I reached the showroom, on time, at 11.15AM, and the biggies were already present. Saw "theblack" dashing Punto near Silk Board and we went there together.

IMG_20130302_100239.jpg

Krishna was already there, met Mr Ranganath and Mr Bassapa from Prerana (now its Vecto).
    Also met other TFIns, Raj, soji, Punto-Emotion etc.

Inauguration happened exactly at 11.30AM, ribbon cut and we all went inside.
    Nice view, the showroom is spacious and it has 2 floors, upper floor had all the display cars.

Mr Enrico and others lighted the candles.

IMG_20130302_112845.jpg

Mr Enrico gave small speech, re-enforcing his commitment about Fiat's future in India.

There were few "official" media persons, they asked few questions.
    Then Enrico and others handed over 4 customers their Car's Key. Lucky customers to have got car key from Mr Enrico himself.

Mr Adit (from KHT) and Mr Francis (Aadya) were also present there.

Interacted personally and with other members, with Mr Bhatia and had some chit-chat.

After that time came for questions from TFI members.
    Other TFI members I met Rituraj, J Ravi, Arun and few more.

IMG_20130302_135730.jpg
    IMG_20130302_135746.jpg

Here are Q&A -
    It will be launched before this year end, sometime in next half of year.
    They promised it will be really "performance" car, they are working out with details.
    They are working on this, but confirmed the car will have all the items to make it real Abarth, no short-cuts. Full performance car.

Currently Fiat in India is focusing on setting-up sales/service network. This year will be spent on this effort. No engine change for this year.
    But Mr Enrico did confirm, once initial set-up is done, they would take feedback from existing owners and market, and can bring these engines and more.
    The upcoming Abarth planned for this year, will be start of Abarth as a brand in India. Initially there will not be any toolkits for existing cars. But once the brand is set-up and these items will be given thought and some kits or others from Abarth might be possibilities for existing owners.
    No impact, the plan is to bring Jeep and Abarth in 2013.
    There will localization of Jeeps, but after 2014. Current Jeeps will be CBUs.
    Multiple time Enrico stressed they are putting lots of efforts to make sure in future the experience will be definitely much-much better.

One nice car, from some friend of Mr Ranganath -
    IMG_20130302_135807.jpg
    16 people like this.
  2. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Few other points, as I remember -

• Fiat will work closely with Team Fiat, they will use the information provided by members on various topics to enhance the experience of ownership.
    • Palio and Uno will be serviced, but Enrico accepted the fact that it is tough to provide service/spares of older cars. He is looking forward to have old car owners to move to new generation cars. But they will continue to do their best.
    • 2013 will be year of network set-up and launch of Jeep and Abarth brand in India.
    • 2014 will be year of Fiat's new models and major facelifts.
    • 2015 and beyond will be time to localize Jeeps and penetrate the market.
    • T-Jet will be re-launched in April 2013, there will be more variants and Fiat is trying to keep pricing low to increase sales. May be there will be multiple variants of T-Jets.
    • Once the new Linea will be launched in 2014, current Linea will be called "Classics" and pricing will be reduced further. So there will be less costly Linea and there will be little costly Linea as well.
    • From 1st April 2013, we will see new Fiat India ads.
    • The call-center is getting revamped, and the experience of calling Fiat customer care will be much-much improved. May be existing owners will get calls after 1st April.
    15 people like this.
  3. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    1 person likes this.
  4. PAVAN KADAM

PAVAN KADAM Timido

Bangalore

Ravi,

It is not SOME FRIEND of Ranganath, :) It was me PAVAN KADAM ( White T-Shirt) who displayed the car at VECTO.

I drove the car there as Srihari- t-bhp ( Lukeskywalker)(Black and Yellow T-shirt ), Ranganath and Mr Premanand Shenoy wanted me to display the car.

photo.JPG

420238_4829229002316_401976943_n.jpg
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2013
    9 people like this.
  5. vayfiat

vayfiat Amatore

Bangalore
    Thanks a lot Ravi for making Vecto invite all of us... It was my first visit to a FIAT exclusive showroom... was a pleasure watching teamfiat members with Enrico and team. Good Luck Vecto!
  6. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Pavan, I wish you could have informed us earlier or at the event.
    I was chatting with Biju (though PM) and told same thing. I was not aware and I posted what I heard from Enrico's speech.

I regret not meeting you there. I am sure we will meet soon.

Your car is truly a legend.
    2 people like this.
  7. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Sham, looks like attachment not working.

Btw i feel bad that i missed the opportunity to feel ur beauty babe and may be ride in her. :(

- - - Merged Post - - -

Guys, those who have posted pics, could you kindly please list the down the names of the people in the corresponding picture. I am having hard time noticing who is who except Mr. Enrico.

8. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Awesome!! you guys had a nice time with Mr Enrico. Thanks to Ravi for passing on my question, and as expected a very vague answer, but still happy to know the "real performance" part. Excitement all around !
  9. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Pran,, nothing vague, may be I didn't put it properly.
    Current Abarth will be full fledged (some variation based on Indian conditions), and no kits for current cars, as of now.
    But in future some kits may be available for existing owners, they will work on this.
    1 person likes this.
  10. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @ Ravi,

Thats a great compilation of the event. Superb! Thanks for the same :up
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.