1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Exclusive: Sky Moto, Pune

Discussion in 'Dealership Reviews' started by speakabhishek, Aug 6, 2014.

1. speakabhishek

speakabhishek Timido

Pune
    Hi Team

I booked a Fiat Punto 90HP. Initially I have been told on 29th July 2014 that, there are issues going on billing and it is pending from FIAT. On 5th Aug 2014, I have been told that, the allotment is done but it is not reflecting in system, nether the billing is done. It will be done in next 2 or 3 days.

This process is going on from last 6 days.

Can someone tell me, how much time it took for billing? What is the process for dealer for booking?
    Is it possible that FIAT allot a car to dealer without chassis number or VIN number?

Or am I getting misguided by dealer?

Your help is appreciated.

Thank you,
    Abhishek
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Seems to me Dealer is not giving proper details to you.
    Which dealer is this?
    Not possible, but what I understood is that they are telling system is not updated, no idea what they mean.

Make sure to keep yourself informed, and do thorough PDI.
  3. Dhruv_Sappers

Dhruv_Sappers Amatore

Pune
    Who is your dealer? Pandit Auto or Sky Moto?
  4. speakabhishek

speakabhishek Timido

Pune
    Hi Ravi & Dhruv,

Thank you for your quick response.

It is SKY MOTO, I spoke to sky moto people and they showed me the mail communication going on between FIAT and them regarding to bookings. It is realy frustrating experience.

Mean time i checked with Pandit auto and they have one Tuskan wine 90HP available woth them, which I booked and requested refund of my booking from Sky moto. Sky Moto is ready to refund the amount, as they are also not sure about the delivery. Refund will be done soon.

I will be geting my punto 90 HP on 14 aug.

The VIN number is MCA11854D07056246EJZ. I confirmed this with VIN decoder provided by Ravi and can say that the engin make is 2013 and mfg date is May 2014.

But still have some query.I can see from Ravi's post of VIN decoder that emotion 90HP and 90HP sports engin codes are different.

Is there any difference in performance of both the cars, Emotion 90HP and 90HP sports?

Please guide me.

Thank you,

Abhishek
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Engine make is not 2013, it is 2013 model codes (Fiat uses same codes for 2014 models).

And there is no difference in engine of 90HP and 90HP sports, the diffirence was only cosmetics and stickers.

I would say drop an email to Fiat as well - Fiat Customer Support
    prabhjot likes this.
  6. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Congrats for the Punto Abhishek!!
    & Many congratulations for staying away from Sky Moto :)
  7. Anshuman Sen

Anshuman Sen Timido

Pune
    Pune
    Linea 1.3
    The following is my buying experience with Sky Moto Fiat Pune.

I had my Ford Figo TDCI Titanium for exchange and and as I had an ongoing loan on that was looking for the best possible price for that. I did not have the time nor the energy to go through the extensive experience of closing one loan and transferring ownership.

The best price amongst many dealers across Hyundai, Skoda, Volkswagen etc turned out to be our dear Sky Moto.
    There was a massive confusion on the color to take home and the discussion lasted even after having payed the booking amount. The booking was done on 12/10/2014 which was a Sunday. Initially we (Being me and my wife) wanted a Black but then decided against it as I live in a society with trees and Colonies of Bird that wrecked my Red Figo. On 12th Night we decided on the Magnesio Grey which we were told is in stock and is an August make. I requested for the VIN number and was told that I would have it the next day.

Maharashtra assembly elections ensured that there was a delay in the whole process and my Figo was set to go the day my loan was approved by SBI (I am all praise for them to have processed the Loan in 2 working days Flat. 3 cheers to SBI). The reason for not exchanging the car the day I got the new one was that the dealer could only hope to sell the old car during Diwali. So my Figo was gone on Friday 17/10/2014. I am still waiting for the VIN and have been told that the car has been ordered from the Ranjangaon factory and would land on Saturday. By now I already was aware and prepared for something fishy.

Saturday 18/10/2014 I reach the service center in Akurdi for the PDI. The first thing I did was check the VIN and I see that it is a April make, the leather seats looked slightly dirty, the engine bay had the coolant holder nuts with some rust. The car had 32km on the ODO and was spick and span with no other issues but I refused to accept that as it was not what I was promised. We headed back to the Showroom in Chichward to have a word with Mr. Siddharth, the showroom manager. He heard me out and took a case of the sales guy. (as if this would make any difference to me.). He then went off to offer engine waxing, underbody anti rust and then change of seats etc. I was not happy. he mentioned that if I wanted a new make then I would have to wait until Nov 10th instead of my original delivery date of 21st Oct as the factory is closed from Monday for 7 days. The car in question was an April make and lying with them from July. He then offered me a white one which was stationed in there Koregaon park Caffe and was also an April make with their purchase being in September. We decided to PDI that one and found the following
    1. Had 100km on the ODO
    2. Paint chip off on Rear Bumper
    3. Leather seats as Dirty
    4. Engine was very rough to start
    5. My wife and I did not want the white :)
    6. The 12V charging port cover cap was broken.

The grey one in question has the following
    1. 32km on the ODO
    2. Leather seats dirty
    3. 12V charging port cover cap was broken.
    4. Rust on a few nuts

After a round of negotiations (I could not wait without a car for 20 days) I was offered an additional 7K discount over what I was already offered. I accepted the deal with the rider that all work would be done in front of me.
    Come Monday 20/10/2014, I land up at the service center at 2pm to get things started.
    I waited for almost 2 hours before the car was touched and noticed that the rear bumper had a paint damage. They promised to change the bumper altogether. On Monday the only thing that was done was waxing the polishing the car :(
    Tuesday 21/10/2014. The day of delivery, I land up at the service center by 9 am and see that the engine waxing in underway, they have also replaced the rusty nuts. The ODO stands at 50Km since Monday morning.
    I notice that the rear bumper has multiple scratches which do not look like they were made by a reversing car but have been the wrong doing of someone at the service center. There was no way that they could repaint that and we decided to get in the TD vehicle and get that bumper. I inspected that bumper and it was neat. We got that refitted.
    Then was the underbody. We decided to not change the seats as that would possibly induce scratches. The 12V charging port was changed too. By 4 pm that day we took the delivery.

What I missed during this whole thing was to test drive the vehicle and the moment I took it I realized that there was a faint rattle somewhere which I have been able to now realize is a violent vibration in the gear shift lever in 3rd gear and slightly in 4th. This happens on pressing the accelerator.
    The rear defogger does not work possibly a defective glass.
  8. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @Anshuman Sen

Dont get me wrong but there are few mistakes from your side and you must have realized the importance of it.

1) Not enough homework done when decided to buy new car in exchange for the existing car. Its still not known whether the ownership is transferred or not. Pls take some time to ensure that the ownership is transferred.
    2) Not doing a pre registration PDI to confirm the engine manufacture details. Realizing it late almost made you reject the car.
    3) Taking the delivery of the car which still had issues to be resolved. Whatever maybe the enthusiasm of getting a new car, getting a car with issues is far more worse. It kind of dents the joy of owning a new car.

To address the dealer attitude and complacency, pls write to Fiat about the complete experience so that somebody else doesnt have to go through the same in the coming days. Hope you take my words in kind.
    prabhjot and mchanna like this.
  9. Anshuman Sen

Anshuman Sen Timido

Pune
    Pune
    Linea 1.3
    I would say that yes there were a few mistakes made.

The ownership is still in my name as the car is not as yet sold to a third party. The car is lying with the dealer and I have been to the dealer (A third party and not Sky Moto) and seen the car there. I am in constant touch with the dealer. I have a sale deed from a used car dealer. A lot of homework went into this before going through the deal.

Actually the PDI was done before the car was registered. In fact it should have been registered today.

The decision was an informed decision and as I would put it is that what would have been the guarantee that the other car would not come with a few issues? I saw multiple vehicles and realized that the dealer received two vehicles, one in July and another in September and both of them were April make. Which means that Fiat has a lot which has been lying with them since April. In fact I saw another new Wine colored Linea which landed last week and was also an April make. As it turns out it was choosing which one had the least problems and a lot of things can actually be rectified. I would say that it is more about how one handles the issues once they have been reported. I am being highly optimistic that these guys would fix the issues and hence have not reported to Fiat as yet. I happened to have a Production Manager of Fiat who lives in my Society. I have had a word with him on the issues and he believes that these can be fixed. :)
    prabhjot and mchanna like this.
  10. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @Anshuman Sen,

Please get the issues fixed and email to Fiat about your experience. How can these dealers have guts to show a customer a car with broken things or chipped paints etc. From your description, it looks like these cars must have been rejected already by other customers.

You should definitely inform Fiat. For now you could inform the status of things happening and the resolution provided by the Dealer. Hopefully you do have their (dealer's) official email id.

Another question that comes to mind often is if a customer cannot spot small things missing or inappropriate during PDI why do dealers wait to just sell the car, without their own check-up before showing a customer a car. I think the people working in sales/service are more aware of these small details missing in the cars given that they deal in this stuff regularly.