1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT Exclusive Showroom: Hyson Motors, Cochin

Discussion in 'Dealership Reviews' started by RMZ, Mar 19, 2013.

1. RMZ

RMZ

Cochin
    Hello Everyone,
    I just got the approval mail from TFI. Happy to be a part of this family. I would like to share my dealership review of Hyson Auto Sales, the newly inaugurated FIAT exclusive dealership in Cochin. This was our family's first new car purchase and we choose Punto 1.2 Dynamic in white color.

THE GOOD:
    We had actually finalized the booking on the previous day of inauguration and the two Sales execs, Mr. Vyshakh and Mr. Biju came to our house to collect the cheque. Gave a token amount of Rs. 10,000 and confirmed our booking for an Active variant. Dad was handed over a mock key by the MD during the inauguration ceremony among a few other buyers. However, after thinking for a moment, changed it to Dynamic after 2-3 days as the price difference was only 25k and the feature list of Dynamic was almost equivalent to last year's Emotion variant. We mostly interacted with Vyshakh(he's an ex-Concorde employee) though Biju was also present most of the time. I had insisted on getting VIN number before paying the remaining amount. But initially Vyshakh said, it was not possible as VIN numbers were available only after the cars were invoiced from factory. He told me that they had a white dynamic car which was already booked by someone else under finance. We were going in for full cash payment and he said, he can allocate that car for us. I rejected it straight away on moral grounds and said I can wait and that I'm in no way interested in such a thing. He said ok and moved on. A few days later, he gave me the VIN number which surprisingly had the last 3 characters missing. He even brought the car to the showroom from their stockyard for me to see. I verified the VIN number in car body(thanks to the PDI list here), and found it to be ok. Noted an ill fitted glove box lock which was so hesitant to operate smoothly. Took some pictures after a mini PDI and went home. Informed Vyshakh and Biju about the glove box issue and firmly said, there shouldn't be a cause for argument on delivery day. Discussed with dad and gave my green signal. So dad planned to pay the remaining amount in two portions and confirmed the final deal before payment. We were offered mud flaps(the absolute edition stuff which is the OE now), floor mats, reverse parking sensors, extended warranty and RSA plus some cash discounts as well. Payment settled, registration done and delivery date was fixed on 9th March. Finally, by around 4-4:30, the car arrived and we were handed over keys by Biju. Vyshakh wasn't present during this time as he was at some other place for some display. Biju also said we were eligible for 5 litres of petrol from nearby pump. Filled up and headed home.

THE BAD:
    Now, the sad part starts here. During the time of booking till delivery, I was in touch with Vyshakh for getting those illuminated door scuff plates and the linea arm rest. He coordinated well and somehow didn't made me complain. I had given him the exact part numbers for both the scuff plate and the arm rest thing, but at the last moment, he couldn't fit it and was telling me to see the scuff plate in person and confirm before proceeding with the installation. This was totally unnecessary as the part number was exactly the same when I checked later. Regarding armrest, he wasn't sure if it could be fitted on a Punto. On the delivery day, we were not given the mud flaps and floor mats citing part unavailability as the reason. I said, that shouldn't be the case, because they had plenty of time to get these from factory. We reached the showroom by 3pm only to know that there was some last minute delay in fitting the parking sensors. Also, there was no note of the extended warranty and RSA which I doubt if is given separately for the newer cars. Vyshakh said, RSA doesn't need any separate note, but he said EW docs comes from factory and has promised to give it to me as soon as he gets it. Now, many times, after the delivery, I had called him to check the availability of mud flaps, floor mats and EW. Not once did he call me to inform anything after the delivery. Hearing his promise to update me the status every time I called, I expected a call back from him informing about the status. Will a 50p call burn a big hole in your pocket? After a lot of calls from my end, he has promised it to fit it tomorrow. I'm also planning to get the scuff plates fitted along with this. Armrest part, I had mailed fiat guys and I'm expecting a reply from them for the correct part numbers and the pricing. I expected better service from FIAT exclusive dealership. I wouldn't rate it as bad, but its not worthy for a good rating either.

Overall rating: 5/10
  2. RMZ

RMZ

Cochin
    Vyshakh had called me yesterday and assured me that he would do his best to erase off the negatives that I pointed out. I had contacted FIAT's parts division to know the exact part numbers and the pricing of the parts that were needed to fit the Linea armrest in Punto. My dad received a call from a GM asking if the issue with armrest was resolved or not. I think someone misunderstood my query as a complaint. I just wanted to know the parts required and their pricing before proceeding with the installation. Also received an email from FIAT asking me to contact the dealership for the same. Told this story to Vyshakh and he said, he will give me the contact of their parts manager and I can communicate with him for further details.
    1 person likes this.
  3. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

Kochi/Bangalore
    Vysakh is a good guy.. even i took my linea through him when he was in Concorde.

I believe handrest for punto comes from the Linea. So you need to get the Linea handrest part number and get it booked through the parts manager. If they have not done this job earlier, they will be slightly hesitant but its possible. Here in Bangalore, when i enquired about the same they were more than willing to get this done, but i postponed the purchase. May be when my car goes for 2nd service i will fixed them.
  4. RMZ

RMZ

Cochin
    For sure, things moved swiftly after I posted this.

Vyshakh has shared the contact info of the Parts Manager at Hyson. That person said he will fetch the prices in an hour once I give him the exact part numbers.
    I have messaged him the part numbers today and will call him tomorrow for the info.
  5. RMZ

RMZ

Cochin
    The total cost of the entire armrest assembly now comes to around Rs. 7200 :eek:. I was shocked to hear this and have temporarily shelved my plans.
  6. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

Kochi/Bangalore
    Rs 7200.. good lord they increased the price. When i enquired in nov i was told it is Rs 3000 odd.
  7. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    this was the earlier price of arm rest assembly... more than double now!! too much ..

1. Armrest 735489747 Rs 1100 Approx

2. Bracket 51780094 Rs 715

3. Ornament 735453473 Rs 373
    (Plastic cover)

4. Diffuser 735440682 (735494410) Rs 1030
    (rear air vent)

source:DIY PICS : Fiat Punto Armrest - Team-BHP
    1 person likes this.
  8. sandeep.12

sandeep.12 Amatore

Bangalore
    Somebody have the contact number of the CRM person in Hyson Cochin?
    I was searching in internet but of no use, seems Hyson has not updated their website even.
  9. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Service : 9744-811111
    Sreerag : 9562852200 (The service agent who attended me. May be you can contact him to get CRM's number).
    1 person likes this.