1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Exclusive : Manickbag Fiat,Hubli

Discussion in 'Service Center Reviews' started by Nadeem Ahmed VR 46, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    This past Monday had given my dad's Punto for scheduled 3rd free service,had took appointment on Friday & CRM had said to be within 10 am & we were there at workshop exactly at 10.00 am.Was Glad to see Fiat boards atlast on entrance to their service but still its shared with Tata's accident/body shop.Met CRM Abhishek,a nice guy.Service Advisor Ashok Pujar came & took us for a ride to note down complaints.He noted down all complaints said by my dad & me.Rattling noise was not coming from instrument cluster so he again took us on rough road but noise didnt came,he said he will check it.I said him pickup is poor & mileage is less now but for this he didnt agreed & said car has clocked just 18k,pickup is ok & average on highway was decreased from 24-25 kmpl sedate driving 17-18 kmpl,he said mileage too is ok,i was like:evil:.Said him to check air inlet pipe of turbocharger & flex sleeve for any damage just like Doc Shivraj's Linea case.He said sir bill will come 8.5 k for service.Came from there & afternun dad got a call from Ashok saying Warranty is lapsed & brake pads need to be replaced,i was shocked,Fearing about getting any damage to ABS my dad said replace pads at 18k kms.I checked manual & it was given warranty is applicable from date of delivery.Evening when we both went to Fiat showroom there we got to know 1st owner invoiced it in Dec 2011 offer & took delivery on 25th jan 2012 but SA of showroom mentioned to Fiat that this Punto was delivered on 31st Dec 2011,might be owner paid more cash & salesman wanted to reach his target,so in Fiat's documents our Punto's delivery date is shown as 31st dec 2011 & warranty lapsed on 31st dec 2013.I & my dad didnt had any knowledge about this,so we were cheated by this Dealer & my dad still hadnt did extended warranty,so he did it in showroom that dad to get some parts in warranty but when we reached service centre they said extended warranty takes time to get applicable,so my dad's pocket got 14.6 k as 3rd service bill,no warranty,no EW & EW costed 6,876 k.Total 21 k damage to my dad's pocket.I read Punto owners got 5-6k for 3rd service.Felt cheated by dealer.Workshop area is not too big like other service centres.

1.Initial pickup is improved,car is flying now in gears
    2.Smoothness is more
    3.Rattling noise from instrument cluster,suspensions are no more making sound & no thud sound now in potholes

Dislikes:
    1.Tata technicians shifted now to Fiat service & Fiat technicians now in Tata,Bad Strategy
    2.Still no turbo kick in & high average consumption wen driven sedate like how initially it was.
    3.Gears are still hard sometimes to engage
    4.Washing & Wiping not better than how in previous tata workshop was done
    5.Boot light still has loose connection,boot door making squeaking noise while opening
    6.Right lower dash hook was not replaced,SA ignored that saying we cant get this done,lower part of rightside dashboard has come out bit & looks odd
    7.Like previous year SA didnt provided TD by showing how service was done,he was in urgent to leave home i think:evilsmile
    2nd free service in Tata Fiat service centre was better than 3rd service in Fiat exclusive service centre.
    Members plz help me to get my dad's money refunded from dealer for lapsing my warranty,this is the mistake of Manickbag showroom guys did in 2011.:(Have sent a mail to Fiat & Mangesh but still no reply.

IMG_20140120_102241_3.jpg
    2 people like this.
  2. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Nadeem, apart from regular service and brake pad replacement, what else was done on the car.
    What is that you wanted to claim warranty for?
    Can you post the bill in maintenance thread.

2nd year service costs around 8k because all fluids are changed. Pads would have costed approx 3.5 k and 6.8 k for ext warranty.
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2014
  3. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Gadag
    Shams bhai 14.6 k bill came bcoz they lapsed our car warranty.
    My dad wanted to claim warranty on parts & labour to which bill would have came to 8.5 k as said by you.
    Yes all fluids were changed & pads costed 3.3 k & 6.8 k for ext warranty but with no warranty labour charge was not free & costed 600 & other parts covered in warranty were charged.Sure will post the bill.
  4. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Nadeem claiming warranty is fine. But what was supposed to be claimed under warranty, can you please be eloborate. Also like shams mentioned, the 2 year of 3 free service will cost around 8.5K with all fluids change. The break pads costs Rs. 3290 + 450 odd labour with tax. So the service cost would be around 8500+506 + 3290 = 12300. What did the additional 1.2k amoun to as you say the bill was 13.5K.

13.5K + 7K (for extended warranty) seems fine. How did you come to the conclusion that the dealer ripped you off. Please do post the bill to help us understand and help you take the necessary actions in case the dealer did rip you off.
  5. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Gadag
    Attaching bills here

IMG_20140122_171241.jpg

IMG_20140122_171407.jpg

IMG_20140122_171437.jpg

IMG_20140123_220548.jpg
  6. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

Pune
    The glow plugs would not have been charged in your bill if you had extended warranty which would have probably saved you around 3K. Other than this everything else looks fine to me.
    1 person likes this.
  7. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Gadag
    Yes you are right Flywheel but IMO i think glow plugs had loose connection as other members had said glow plugs wont be replaced for 17 k
  8. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Gadag
    Highly impressed with Manickbag's service on valentine free check up camp,my dad had been to give car for free check up & for minor repairs which were not done or solved in 3rd service,Mr.Maqbool,service manager of dealer did an excellent service,hats off to him.He's doing a lot nowadays to improve Fiat's service in hubli region,he chatted with my dad about Fiat brand & he has good knowledge about Fiat cars.Special thanx here goes to MN sir,administrator of MFW Forum & Mangesh sir,head for customer services,fiat india who supported & helped me & my dad for warranty issue.At last we couldnt get claim for warranty but my dad was happy was that Fiat responded to our concern by doing my punto repairs for free.My Punto's gears wer hard & gearbox was removed & made smooth & rear left suspension noise was noticed by Mr.Maqbool & that was also solved,Mileage & pickup was poor which wasnt solved in free service,mileage was not crossing 20 kmpl on highways wen driven sedately but now its solved,got 28.1 kmpl mileage,highest average achieved in my punto while returning to home on hubli gadag highway,boot light replaced,rear bumper & reverse light were aligned in their position after my Punto was hit by a tata car from back,bill was charged zero,everything was done for free right from washing to minor repairs,Fiat India couldnt help my dad by refunding warranty amount but they did my dad's punto minor repair works for free & i & my dad wer amazed & happy with this gesture from them.My dad & my Punto was given a royal treatment in service centre,now our car no is noted in dealer's mind after sending a lot of mails to Fiat India,highly impressed with their service now.Good job Mr.Maqbool & his team of Manickbag dealer.:p:cool::wow:clapping
    Hats off to them:up
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
    3 people like this.
  9. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    nice to know that you got good service this time. you could have saved the amount spent on glow plugs by delaying their replacement till your ext warranty came into effect. had you posted here before getting them changed, we would have advised you about it. glow plugs are not very critical components and delaying the replacement by a month or so wouldn't have harmed.

anyways all is well that ends well :)
  10. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Gadag
    Ya shams bhai,i made a mistake by not posting here about glow plugs,actually the SA of dealer changed it immediately & didnt said to my dad that it can be replaced when your ext warranty comes into effect & my dad too didnt had much idea about glow plugs,glow plugs warning was coming from past 2 months & my dad said him that glow plugs might have become loose but that SA replaced them & if they werent replaced bill would have came 3-4k less.Ya all is well now which ended well.Now i & my dad prefer RSM of dealer more instead of SA.