1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Exclusive: Manakular Motors, Pondicherry

Discussion in 'Service Center Reviews' started by arunk, Aug 5, 2011.

1. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Cmon Bala. In this age you dont want to restrict yourselves to such statements. One bad experience with a car doesnt mean the end of the road for you is it? Since you have experienced the pleasures of driving a Fiat, small hiccups shouldnt bother you. Also you have agreed that Mangesh does help when called for. So I would suggest not to lose the self trust and enjoy the Linea. Wouldnt you agree that the moment the car is returned to you after repairs a smile is flashed across your face when you sit behind the wheel.

So enough of my pep talk (I love giving those, nobody gives me one though), get the car back on the road and enjoy.
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Request Mods to push Bala's car experiences and replies to same to a more relevant thread about SC experiences. Certainly we all want to see this discussed and see possible solutions.

The misdeeds of a SC and the cos. failure should not be a reason for a new prospective customer to keep away from a great vehicle when he or she can get good service support in his area. SC incompetence is all I read from Bala's posts. Fiat too should take this matter seriously, but lets find solution to that on a different thread.

Thanx.
    1 person likes this.
  3. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Yes, Godhlur I have always written and spoken to Fiat and they have always come to my rescue.
    When petrol engine's oil was poured in my diesel car Fiat sent men to my house,160 kms away and did the change.
    When the car was delivered and sent with fuel tank leaking,again they sent their men home and took back the car when I refused to send the car with fuel tank leaking fearing that it might catch fire, again after coming to know that they dodged me saying that a fuel tank spare was ordered but was not done I ordered it myself and got the work done.
    What is the use in writing to Fiat when the sales advisers they employ do not even know which is fuel lid opening lever and which is boot lid opening lever. Again it is fine that they broke the fuel lid opening lever wrongly but how can they send the car as such and how will I fill fuel when there is no lever to open the lid.Again when I sent the car back to change the lever they ordered a wrong spare part and instead connected the boot lever to the fuel lid leaving me with the only option of opening the boot by getting down and using the key when you can open the boot from Inside even in a 4 lakh car.
    Mods, if you are merging my messages with some other thread I would request you to post my experiences in all threads where people ask advices before buying a Fiat car.
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2014
  4. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    HI bala,

PM me or call me. I can get you the clutch assembly right away today itself

Abdul
    2 people like this.
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    So if you are unable to enjoy a pleasant service Bala, should anyone who could possibly get a good car and service be deprived of the same. Are you sure you want to give that message? You are clearly angry and so are we, but for you. Well not suffering as you are, agreed! Bala a humble request to you. Why not raise alarm to prospective buyers where threat to service is more imminent, such as Villupuram based buyers.

The problems I have faced with a Fiat Siena will dwarf the problems you are suggesting. Not to highlight how my sufferings have been bigger than yours, but still I could manage to get a Fiat branded Linea in family. And experience so far on all fronts car and service have been 9/10 which is pretty good. Guess what Jsan who has posted his query is a witness to every account of problems I have faced with Fiat SC, save for the fact that things have changed far too much now (in this part of India)

- - - Merged Post - - -

Way to go Abdul.

- - - Merged Post - - -

I was wondering of offering the same to Bala, but wondering if courier or transport cost-time could be viable or worth the hassle for him.
    1 person likes this.
  6. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Thanks Abdul for your help and I appreciate your true concerns.I shall contact you if the spares don't arrive in the promised time of 2 weeks.
    Well,now I understood that it is pointless to talk about what is happening at the service centres among Fiat fans, I was also one who bought one with out even a TD.
    Never the less I will continue to warn prospective buyers who post queries in the forum,because they may be the really young and innocent ones in early twenties,buying their first car with their hard earned and well saved money.They should not just buy a car just for it's beauty and build, they should know what happens after the purchase.
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    That's unfair Bala, what about my experiences and approach then? It pains me that you think we are blind towards Fiat and it's SC. All I am asking is please accept the contrast in the whole picture. We really wish things were nicer for you there.
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Oh. You are very old then. May be in late 40's/50's? I thought you are also young in the early twenties. :p
    1 person likes this.
  9. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Lol, my picture is in the TFI members picture section.
    That is my age :)
    1 person likes this.
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Yeh. That was your age 40 years ago. :D

Some day I am sure going to get hold of you in your hospital in Villupuram. :)