1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Exclusive: Manakular Motors, Pondicherry

Discussion in 'Service Center Reviews' started by arunk, Aug 5, 2011.

1. mahesh.bandel

mahesh.bandel Amatore

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    certainly not in case of fiat now. Taking your question forward: is the same part for the Laura available at the Skoda dealership easily? what are the cost differences? what is their dealers TAT to the customer?

Please don't jump up to conclusions. The current scenario is completely opposite and new buyers will always cherish their experiences with Fiat.

Cheers,
    Mahesh
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Bala's car has broke down for the clutch failure and is now stranded at the FASS at Pondicherry. They have approximately given a time frame of 15 days to source the clutch kit from Fiat.

The issue of spare part is not prevalent in bigger cities but there still seems to be issues as well and unfortunately Bala's car is victim to that.
  3. mahesh.bandel

mahesh.bandel Amatore

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I completely agree that what he is facing is truly unfair and it's high time things should improve in smaller towns too.

But a single incident cannot be taken as an example of a brand's service, that is the point I intend to make. Fiat is definitely improving it's after sales.

Cheers,
    Mahesh
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Again this is not the single bad incident for him. Unfortunately, he is facing the hardship ever since he bought a Fiat.

But, I would agree that Fiat has improved in its service in Chennai/Salem. :)
  5. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Oh, single incident?
    Here goes the huge list.
    1 . After the 1st free service the car came back with a huge scratch and dent.
    2.After the 2after service the car came back with petrol engine's filled in my diesel car.
    3 . After the 3rd free service cum accident repair the car was delivered with a leaking fuel and oil tank and the car had to be taken back 160 kmto get it fixed,waited for a month for a new fuel tank to arrive but I finally ordered it myself.
    4 . After the 4th service the car came back with the underbody cover stolen at the A.S.S, I asked, was told it would have fallen on the way
    5.The next time my car went there,it came with a torn seat cover, result of a vaccum cleaning.
    6.The next time the car went there for an accident job, I asked them to keep the replaced part in the boot.The S.A mistaking the fuel lid opening lever wrongly as boot lever pulled it and pulled it till it broke and sent the car back.How will I fill fuel if I can't open the lid, sent the car back, instead of replacing it with a new lever they instead connected the boot lever with fuel tank and now I can open the boot only after getting down and not from Inside.
    7 . During the 65k kms service I insisted and pleaded for a clutch assembly kit change, was not done may be because they did not have and af

- - - Merged Post - - -

and after 2 months my car broke down in the national highway duel to a snapped clutch cable which could have been avoided had they changed the cable as per my advice. Now they don't have the spare.
    Rest of the cruelties me and my car underwent at Fiat A.S.S I forgot but there are still many more.
    Remember I have sales and service centres of Maruthi, Hyundai and Tata 1 km from my house, I overlooked them and bought a Fiat from 260 kms away.

- - - Merged Post - - -

The paint job that was done for the accident repair job is worse than that you can get in a roadside mechanic's job and that the car underwent an accident repair job can be spotted even from 2 metres.
    I asked them to sell me the spares alone because I have a Bosch service centre 1 km away,they are vehemently declining to sell spares otc.
    So since am at their mercy I have no other option but to accept what ever they do.
    All these incidents and deficiencies are across all service centres TAFE, VST and MANAKULAR MOTOTRS in TN and Pondicherry.
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2014
  6. GaganTakker

GaganTakker Amatore

New Delhi
    Why you accepted all these things ???

you should have burnt the service center down

File a police and consumer court complaint now
    1 person likes this.
  7. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    I wish I could do that,but Fiat is not like Maruthi or Hyundai where you can get spares from anywhere and get the job done anywhere..
    Am completely dependent on these 3 service centres and keep changing the service centre after every bad experience with one service centre.
    I also do not have time and energy to fight them, even for the booking and buying the car I could not go, some one else did that for me.
  8. mahesh.bandel

mahesh.bandel Amatore

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Sorry to hear that! it seems fass at your place is really ignorant on customer front! This shows that FASS is the only area of dissatisfaction in your case. I seriously request you to take this up with FIAT officials, maybe they would be able to help you out of this mess created by the ASS. I can understand your situation being without a vehicle for weeks anyone would get the car delivered in whatever condition it is but this has to be highlighted at some point of time and your case is quite disappointing.

please mail your experiences to Mangesh Kodalkar.

Cheers,
    Mahesh
    1 person likes this.
  9. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    But how long will you wait for spares,15 days and 1 month?, how will you commute till then.
    If they can't store basic spares why run a service centre and why advertise on TV
  10. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Bala,

Sorry to hear your traumatic experience, but frankly this is not the thread to highlight them.

As Mahesh said, its the Workshop experience or rather the service people's callousness which is leaving a bitter taste. I am surprised that you still chose to stick to the same workshop. Did you write to Fiat after the the first incident? I know you may have but acceptance of mistakes is another way of encouraging them.

Regarding spares availability, during the Mumbai-Pune TFI meet in January 14, one of the Fiat official (A senior person) who had joined had confirmed that Fiat had definite plan to build spares warehouses one each for the zones (north, south, east, west). Now West already has one at Chakan, similar one's were supposed to be opened. Dont know when but its due for some time now. May be mods (Amogh, Amit etc) can take a lead here and enquire from Fiat as to the status of the same.
    1 person likes this.