1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Exclusive: Manakular Motors, Pondicherry

Discussion in 'Service Center Reviews' started by arunk, Aug 5, 2011.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Yeh. Jokes apart, I strongly suggest you to get the Timing replaced somewhere else if the Pondy FASS is not ready to. I will be sceptical about their work if you force them to replace. Get it done from Salem/Chennai.
  2. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

I was directed to Manakular Motors by Works manager, Ramkay when my 90HP suffered from a cut turbo hose when I was driving home, since it is nearer to my hometown than Chennai/Salem.

But better sense prevailed, had a con call with both works managers, later on called the WM of Manakular and asked if they have the required stock of spares given we are suspecting a cut turbo hose, he said he is not sure, they opened just 2 months back and they have stocked only service related stuff. I said Thank you and drove to Chennai.

I would not take my car there, yet.
  3. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    But most of the spares are unavailable and not kept in stock at Puduchery FASS.I was told that only after an order from a customer they will place an order.Earlier the same manager said he will procure clutch assembly kit from Pune in a week,now he says 15 working days.
    I asked him why not keep a crucial kit in stock at least one piece, he says stock is over.
    There was instance too when I was dodged that a spare was ordered but I discovered after a month that they lied and actually had not ordered and then I placed the order myself.
  4. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    This is the problem with the Fiat. It looks like since the demand is low, Puducherry FASS is not interested to invest much in keeping the stocks ready. Why don't they procure it from Chennai FASS to quickly serve the customer? Fiat should atleast make such arrangements possible.

15 days is just too much and just not acceptable when your car is stranded. 99rpm used to send the spares in flat 1-2 days from Delhi.
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Bala this dodging is very often happening due to SAs also fighting and fitting an ordered part for one customer to another customer's car. I had the same issue with GC kit for Linea. However, I also found that if they have the will the dealer can easily procure parts from Fiat. I am sure the SC is at fault. Fiat had a glitch initially with their online systems being upgraded and all, but that was last year. So that could have been an excuse to blame it on Fiat. I am sure the manager and staff incharge of requisition and purchase are not acting swiftly for some reasons.

As ramjn pointed out maybe they are pooling together orders to place them at certain intervals, due to lack of car volumes to service. But not having clutch and related items is total ho**se sh*t at their end. Pardon my french. Do keep writing to Mangesh and inform these guys so they don't take your car queries lightly henceforth. :|
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2014
  6. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Ya, I told him that I have spoken to Mangeshkar and he has helped me when they poured petrol engine's oil in my diesel car and another time they sent my car back from a.s.s 150 kms with fuel tank and oil leaking and he has helped.
    For that the manager politely said you can talk this time too.I told him politely that they robbed my under engine gaurd and broke the fuel lid opening lever wrongly lifting that to open boot.He said you could have speken to Fiat.What is the use in speaking to Fiat when the sales advisers employed do not even know which one is fuel lid opener and which one is boot lid opener.
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    So send one more email to Mangesh with the same story mentioned.. ::pP

Keep doing this email thing, be Gandhian and you shall win. :idea: Take a few TFIans and do a gerao around their gates, call the press also. Sit on Dharna.
  8. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Does the Fiat car really deserves to do all these? Really not. I would instead get rid of Fiat instead of doing this. :)

But, Bala I suggest that you write to Mangesh again.
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Ramjn, I was kidding. Actually what I meant is be persistent. Just give them an idea that he is a difficult customer. Getting rid of Fiat (Linea) would be sad.
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  10. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Getting rid of a Fiat and buy something else?
    I am not actually in a mood to buy a new car,have monetary commitments for another year and also mainly because a numerogist well wisher told me that I have no vahan yoham at all and what ever car I buy in my name will always be going to the service centre.I have also totally lost interests in cars after owning a Fiat and going through hardships.Even if I buy a new car a humble Santro whose spares are available would suffice.
    Sorry about and for Fiat which has miserably failed in it's 3rd attempt too despite having the best in segment cars and it has only itself to blame for.
    Fighting with Fiat like Skoda owners do too is not worthy and is unjustified because the car per se gives you so much pleasure.