1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Exclusive: Manakular Motors, Pondicherry

Discussion in 'Service Center Reviews' started by arunk, Aug 5, 2011.

1. arunk

arunk

Chennai
    Hi Friends,

Anyone has dealt with or made their purchase with manakular motors in Pondicherry. If so kindly share your experience. I'm planning to book one from them and wanted to know about their sales and service.

Thanks in advance...

Thanks
    Arun K
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2014
  2. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Fiat a.s.s,pudhuchery,manakular motors

Here goes my bill at the puducherry sevice centre for the 65,000 kms service.
    Shall post my experiences later.

20140401_125618.jpg

20140401_125637.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  3. kailasmenon2000

kailasmenon2000 Superiore

Chennai
    Bala...I think the labour is cheap here comparing to my 75k service.
  4. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Yes Kailash I too think the same.
    In Chennai they would charge me 200 rs labour charge separately for all fluids changed and again another general labour charge.
    But am really angry with Puduchery a.s.s for not changing the timing belt and clutch assembly kit inspite of my insisting on it.They said everything is fine and doesn't need replacement.
    1 person likes this.
  5. kailasmenon2000

kailasmenon2000 Superiore

Chennai
    May be they don't know how to change it :p
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    You goto them next time they might say its changed and charge you for timing kit.

Keep away from that FASS.

:p heartsent for our mutual benefit .. !
  7. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Yes Kailash, you are perfectly right.
    They didn't change the timing belt and clutch assembly kit because they didn't know,I pleaded and insisted but they kept an innocent voice and said, we will check if it needs replacement and finally didn't replace.
    This service centre is only 3 months old (they don't even have a land line number) and my car was their 300th guinea pig. But my driver insists that it is a big service centre and cars have come for service from as far as Madurai.Very poor knowledge that even if it's in the manual, these ignorant guys told me that timing chain needs replacement only after 95 k kms.
    service charges are reasonable and cheap though.
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    They might have thought you may take another 2 years to reach 95k and by that time they will be skilled enough to do the Timing kit replacement.
  9. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Lol, that is the truth and I will take another 2 years to reach 95k km,better they learn at least before that.
  10. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Bala, the truth is that timing chain can snap even if it is replaced, the chain is only as strong as it's weakest link. This is more like we do it for extra measure after 60k kms. In fact if it is going to take 95k kms after 2 years or something similar, then the chances of chain breaking sometime in between is even more. Shall I suggest you send an email to their customer service head asking/suggesting an explanation about timing chain recommendation for your car. They are compelled to write back. We will know for sure whether they were bluffing.

If your car is or was under warranty or extended warranty, even Fiat will be liable to an explanation subject to you have a written email proof. Even if the car is not in warranty it is difficult for the SC to bluff via email since it's on record, you see. They are still accountable to Fiat for suggesting you anything in the first place. Should a catastrophe happen Fiat will atleast waive off charges; there have been precedents of this nature before.

If their people have been trained they can do a timing chain replacement easily, it's not rocket science and locking tools etc. for timing chain can ensure a good job. All Fiat SCs have a special kit for this.
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
    1 person likes this.