1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Exclusive: Kashyap Fiat, Okhla, New delhi

Discussion in 'Service Center Reviews' started by rajatgoyal01, Nov 19, 2013.

1. rajatgoyal01

rajatgoyal01 Timido

Delhi
    so i visited kashyap fiat exclusive showroom cum workshop today for a paid service for 4 yr/42000 Km old punto.
    car had minor issues, some squeaks and rattles.

i reached the service center with some difficulty coz:
    1. the location shown on fiat site in the map is wrong.
    2. okhla phase 3 is a bit of a maze and u tend to get lost easily if u dont know it well.

once i reached, i was greeted and made to feel welcome.
    adviser came out in 2 mins and went on test drive with me.
    he noted down my points/requests patiently and clarified some doubts too.
    then he prepared an estimate, got my signoff and put the car in the service queue. this part was all done within 20-25 mins of me reaching kashyap's gate.

the good parts of the experience:
    1. reasonable quality of work
    2. car came out nice n shining in the end
    3. they were willing to show me the consumables/filters that were replaced when i requested the same. no fuss.
    4. all the systems like brakes, belts, suspension were checked thoroughly ( i would wander over to the workshop floor from time to time and watch from a distance)
    5. the squeaks and rattles that i had complained of were all fixed
    6. the initial estimate was spot on

not so good:
    1. work was slow; gave the car at 1130 got it back after 7pm.
    2. some things were missed, like the obd port diagnostics check (i caught it wen i saw the next service countdown had not been reset. ) and coolant change as per schedule.
    3. fiat has raised the price of consumables like oil, coolant, filters, wipers . the wipers are really costly. ouch!! (not kashyap's fault but irritant all the same)

on the whole a decent experience.
    felt like the punto was in safe hands unlike the feeling i got in tata places.
    except for the long delay, i am quite satisfied and would rate them abt 8 overall.

so if anyone is thinking abt going there, consider this post a recommendation for them :)
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2013
  2. Parantap Chatterjee

Parantap Chatterjee Regolare

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    Wow ! A FASS review that ends with a recommendation and a smiley ! What is this world coming to :eek:.

Are you sure you went to FASS ? Check your invoices pls :D
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2013
  3. rajatgoyal01

rajatgoyal01 Timido

Delhi
    i have been to kashyap's noida place for some minor work earlier this yr.
    and now to the okhla place for full service.
    i asked abt changing timing chain and other belts, or cleaning the turbo, he said no need, ur car is in good condition dont waste money on the 2 jobs for another 15-20K kms.
    so i dint get the feeling that they are thr to rip us off.

in general they seem to have got things right.
    hard to believe but yes these are good places to take your fiat.
    all the basics are in place..
    i have seen honda, hyundai, maruti workshops for other cars in my extended family, and kashyap is at par with those in all aspects. i have not seen any other fiat exclusive workshops but comparing to other popular brands of cars, kashyap is not lacking in any way!!
  4. Sujay

Sujay Amatore

New Delhi
    Good to hear this Rajat. will explore Kashyap for my car's 1st service.
  5. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    Taking the car there this weekend , in fact i was going to take it tomorrow but Friday onwards they have a service camp starting and some 10% discounts will be applicable on labor and parts hence shifted it.

Any recommendations on which service guy i should try and catch hold of? I only know of Negi - dont even know if he is still there - any other tips / advise would be much appreciated.
  6. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I have been going to Kashyap Fiat both in Noida and Okhla Delhi for the last 1.5 years. They have never dissapointed me.. Want to share one experience.

I got my car service one fine saturday. My daughter (7 months old) was ill....to my horror she vomited in my car on sunday. I took my car to Kashyap Okhla on Monday and they happily dry cleaned the car.....wait my daughter again vomited the same day in evening....On wednesday my wife took the car again to them and they again happily cleaned the car.....They didnt charged me anything....They have always been good at doing work and extending support.

Okay now....during the same servicing they broke my car lower grill. When i took the delivery they said it was already broken,i was also confused as i thought i might have done it. I checked my car pics that i had clicked during recent trips, the pics showed the grill was not broken. I called the SA immediately and he said dont worry sir come on Monday we will find a solution. When i went on Monday they happily replaced the grill without arguing.

Since my car warranty is expiring in March they checked car thoroughly and replaced rear left side shocker, Horn...the SA even said Sir please visit us 3 days before Warranty expiry so that they can check and replace any faulty part in the car.......:)

I recommend Kashyap Fiat to all in Delhi......
  7. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Wow!! thats refreshing.. :)
  8. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    Do you deal with someone specifically all the time? I went for the first check up this time to Kashyap and in most likelyhood given location it will be the base for me as well. Nice guys , good speed overall barring some minor stuff.

9. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I deal with Mr. Subhash Kashyap (he is manager i think).......He was earlier in Kashyap Noida.....This time the SA was Negi.....now the mechanics and other also know me by face and also my car as it has lot of scratches :) lol....
    1 person likes this.
  10. dumbestcoder

dumbestcoder Novizio

New Delhi
    I know lots of guy in Kashyap Okhla also most of them know me.
    I had a bad experience last time with them when my car goes to body shop after an accident , otherwise nice experience .
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2014