1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat enthusiast meet

Discussion in 'Team Fiat Meets' started by jayakrishnakola, Jun 15, 2013.

1. bharathj85

bharathj85 Regolare

Chennai
    Yup we will distribute the shirt in the meet as its specially designed for the meet and am sure there will be up for some more for grabs. Soon we will come with a thread for the same.
  2. cassini

cassini Novizio

Bangalore
    Germany
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Don't worry about the rain or roads!

Fellows, don't worry about the road or the rain. We just traveled all the way from Bangalore to Wayanad via Kanakpura - Chamrajnagar road (I was originally planning to travel with you guys, but had to come early due to some unforeseen circumstances). Roads are in perfect condition, especially after Gundalpet, just be aware of bumps in the Bandipur forest section of the road. And since my home is just 10-12 kms from Green Gates hotel, I would like to actually meet you guys sometime. Just keep this thread alive when you reach here (AFAIK 3G networks are available in Kalpetta).

PS: Don't worry about the rain, it will only make your drive more fun. Some sections of the road, especially after Sultan Bathery, are newly laid and super smooth. It might skid. Just be careful folks. Wishing you all an awesome vacation at my very own Wayanad ;)

PPS: Need any help, let me know.

Manuel Jose
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2013
    2 people like this.
  3. senthilraj

senthilraj Amatore

coimbatore
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376046318.448351.jpg

The Meet Offically starts....
    10 people like this.
  4. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    All the best guys!!

T-Shirts are soo killer. Pls one M shirt for me.Senthil anna again a t shirt for me.
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2013
  5. Sree3070

Sree3070 Amatore

Chennai
    Ohhhh God ... My Bad . this is what happen if you are not logging in to the forum quit often.... i have lost the oppertunity.... :( :( :( :( .... i could not logged n to the forum since last 2 months however this associated with another good news which i need would like to share with my fiat friends that my family blessed with a Baby Boy :dancingand his name is :dancingVivaan. :dancing he made be busy for the last 2 months so missed the updates . Any ways all the very best guys. enjoy the meet drive safe. awiting for the pics.

Sreejith
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2013
    10 people like this.
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Nothing to worry about. You have gained more than what is missed.

Congrats Sreejith. :)
    2 people like this.
  7. cassini

cassini Novizio

Bangalore
    Germany
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Guys, when you'll be leaving? I should've posted this earlier. Damn! Here it goes anyway.

Some of the most lovely stretches you should drive in Wayanad:
    1. Of course the ghat road, traffic might be on the heavier side but worth it. The roads are lovely and the conditions must be like heaven! Some 10-12 kms from Kalpetta towards Calicut/Kozhikode.

2. The Vythiri - Padinjarathara road via Manjoora. Perhaps the best route to drive your Puntos and Lineas around. The entire stretch might be around 10-15 kms approximate. The last 5-10 kms of this stretch has Banasura sagar dam on the one side. The sights are breathtaking to say the least! Get to Vythiri from Kalpetta (about 10 kms) and take a right turn there towards Manjoora (roads are twisty and mostly traffic-less, be careful not to lose attention). Another plus point of this route is, you'll reach straight to the Banasura dam site, an important tourist destination in Wayanad.

3. The Sultan Bathery - Pulpally stretch. Again, roads are in pristine condition AFAIK and this route is your best chance to see wild life. Be careful though, elephant sightings are *very* common in this route. Won't recommend late night or early morning drive unless you're stupidly brave :p Since this route starts from Sultan Bathery, you can just try this route on your way back to Bangalore. Just take an immediate left towards Pulaplly after you pass Sultan Bathery town.

4. The Manathavady - Thirunelli route OR Mananthavady - Baveli route. Both used to have lovely stretches. But recently, due to incessant rains, I have heard that the Thirunelli route is not that good anymore. Since it's already late and also since Mananthavady is a good 30 kms from Kalpetta (though the roads are mostly just fine), this would be the least recommended route.

As a matter of fact, the current state of roads in Wayanad is perhaps one of the best in Kerala, I believe. Make the most out of it. And again, if you need any local help, let me know (my home is exactly 10 kms from Green Gates hotel towards Mananthavady). Have fun people :)
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Mananthavady-Kattikulam-Thirunelly route is in pristine condition. I drove in this stretch couple of weeks back.

Also, Thirunelly stretch is my favorite among all the routes in Wayanad.
  9. cassini

cassini Novizio

Bangalore
    Germany
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I stand corrected, thank you ramjn :)
  10. senthilraj

senthilraj Amatore

coimbatore
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376159014.467999.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376159053.583940.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376159076.500488.jpg
    17 people like this.