1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat engines are the best .

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by srinivaschandalada, Feb 14, 2011.

1. nk4FIAT

nk4FIAT Superiore

Hyderabad
    And now SX4 will start selling more, killing again Linea numbers :A
    Hey bhagwan ! Isko kahte hai "Shaikh chiily" Jis dal pe baithe ho, usiko kato aur small branches dusro ko banto. :confused
    I think FPT team is more active than FIAL team. :uh
  2. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    sx4 diesel will surely kill lineas selling. though linea is a better product maruti is a better manufacturer. and india loves maruti
  3. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    As said by multijetter, FIATS should put an compulsory clause on displaying the Name FIAT on the head of the engine, if they wanna have the engine, It is one of the good way of advertising,
  4. srinivaschandalada

srinivaschandalada Amatore

Kakinada
    kakinada
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hats offs kedarbendre, your info on fiat engines was very handy. Now i am even more proud to be a fiat owner
  5. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Thank you so much srinivaschandalada :)
  6. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    The first generation multijet engines were co-developed by GM & FIAT and the award won for the best small diesel engine is shared by both GM & FIAT. Hence, GM has license to use the engine and since GM picked up some stake in Suzuki the Suzuki is using the multijet engines.

The recent award winning FPT-Multi Air technology will not be shared with partners or other brands atleast for 5 years. This was announced by FPT, might be a pressure from the parent company ;)

This is the information I have and a disclaimer, I may be wrong. Google is the best place.

Thanks
    Vasu
  7. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
  8. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    Read page4 and post#57... The levels people can go to

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
  9. srinivaschandalada

srinivaschandalada Amatore

Kakinada
    kakinada
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The new chevy beat diesel is going to have the fiat 1 liter or 1.1 liter multijet. But i thought 1.3 multijet was the smallest in the fiat stable. The new swift which is bigger than the present model ant the new desire which is shorter than the present one are goint to have the 1.3 90hp multijet engines compleatly sourced from fiat,as an option . Fiat should make sure they sell their engines at a higher margin to somewhat reduce the price advantage enjoyed by the desire and swift over linea and punto. Maruti is in talks with its partner suzuki to convince fiat to sell its vgt alone ( without engine) which enables maruti to attach fiats vgt to its 1.3 ddis and manufacture its own ddis 90hp. These are dangerous signs for fiat. And one of my friends in this thread mentioned that fiat had an obligation towards suzuki.
  10. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    Thanks for pointing the thread @fastlove. Its really horrendous that maruti fanboys can even think of editing wiki pages to support their claims. What stupid prix.