1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat engines are the best .

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by srinivaschandalada, Feb 14, 2011.

1. srinivaschandalada

srinivaschandalada Amatore

Kakinada
    kakinada
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Fiat cars are selling like hot cakes all over the world, but its engines seem to be outselling the cars.Lets take the indian scene.Maurti Swift desire and Ritz all have a fiat hearts (though made on their own) , and now the sx4 has joined the group. But one should wait and see if the sx4 gets the DDIS engine with the FGT (75 hp)or the 90 hp one with the VGT. My cousin who is a maruti dealer informed me that the sx4 might get the 90 hp engine sourced from fiat. If the sx4 gets the 90 hp engine, then there is a decision to make, i.e. wether to fit the DDIS engine without the manifold and FGT, and source the VGT with manifold from fiat, or to source the entire 90 hp engine from fiat.
    My cousin also told me that the sx4 might get the fiat 1.6 multijet at a later stage to take on the vento verna corolla etc ,thats if the sales of the sx4 with the 1.3 DDIS are not up to expectations .The above mentioned cars have engines that belt out 115 hp +. I hear that the sx4 is sold with the fiat 1.9 multijet in overseas markets ,but thats ruled out for india.
    Another cousin of mine happens to be a tata commercial vehicle dealer in vizag and he expects the manza to sport a 1.6 fiat multijet (offcourse re-badged quadrajet) some time this year end. There are also plans to fit the 1.9 multijet in the future safaris and sumo grande .
    There is news that chevrolet india is in talks with both fiat and maruti for their 1.3 multijet and 1.3 DDIS engines to power the beat. Lets see who they go with.Though they settle for maruti's DDIS the moral victory goes to fiat.
    I am not bothered of the number of swifts,dezires,ritzs,vistas,manzas and many more cars in future out numbering fiats( in india) on the roads, afterall they all sport a fiat heart. :clapping
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I don't know how much FIAT is earning from the engines shared with parasites. :sadblue

Maruti=Ectoparasite
    TATA= Endoparasite

Why doesn't FIAT focus more on marketing and promotion of their cars in India?
  3. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Babu-moshai ! This question is also bothering me
  4. nk4FIAT

nk4FIAT Superiore

Hyderabad
    Hmmmmm.I think if I consolidate the posts written by all FIAT fans in India on this topic(including my own posts) , I'l be eligible to get PhD. :lol:
  5. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

Guys, its good that Fiat is selling engines like anything but they should focus on the complete package "Fiat Cars" too. Because getting lots of Fiat engines under Fiat's bonnet would be far far better than Fiat's engine under other brand name bonnet.

Just replace all other cars running with Fiat engines by Fiat cars and think what could have been the scene and story of Fiat.
  6. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    This is highly unlikely. The SX4 does come with a 1.6L DDiS engine in Europe but it's sourced from Peugeot and has 90bhp against Fiat's 1.6 MJD with 120 bhp. From what I know, Suzuki and GM only have rights to use the 1.3 MJD. Correct me if I am wrong here.
  7. multijetter

multijetter Regolare

Mumbai
    Suzuki will loose more than 50% sale of their swift and dezire model if Fiat will not allow them to use their 1.3 multijet engines. But I know that it is not going to happen....
  8. This kind of sharing with rivals goes on in lot of sectors. FPT is a different business unit of FIAT group and probably has it's own targets to meet.
  9. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Tell me what were ya smoking ::D

Do you think the mango man even cares to look into the engine before buying the Swift
  10. srinivaschandalada

srinivaschandalada Amatore

Kakinada
    kakinada
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i dont remember exactly from where i read that sx4 in europe uses fiat sourced 1.9 multijet (not 1.6 multijet from fiat nor pugeot) .I was on the net surfing when this has been confirmed by autocar india in the article "maruti sx4 diesel spy pics leaked".And they have also confirmed that the sx4 in india will be using the 90 bhp engine sourced entirely from fiat.
    does any one out there know the bhp of the 1.9 multijet ? i keep wondering is the engine of my palio 1.9D the same as the famous 1.9 multijet with a few changes in the fuel injection system and an addition of a turbo.