1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat & Enfield Bullet - Correlation?

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by saroshmk, Oct 26, 2012.

?

Fiat : Cars what the Enfield Bullet : Motorbikes

Poll closed Nov 9, 2012.
  1. I agree, I own a Fiat and i own/once owned an Enfield Bullet

30.8%
  2. Yes, I own a Fiat, but wish I owned an Enfield Bullet (or I am going to get one soon)

32.7%
  3. No, I don't agree - i don't see any similarity

36.5%
  1. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    There are always such correlation between brands. Fiat's correlation could be with Enfield or Yamaha or Fujifilm or many more. It's basically fighting brand vs established, brand which gives so much (features) vs established brand that gives so little (features).

e.g. when I was buying a camera, I was discussing it with Grandeur. He said Sony is like Honda City, or Toyota or Maruti. Whereas Fujifilm is feature-rich like Fiat Linea/ Punto and gives HD movie recording in a camera at a price which is half than others !! No wonder that I ended up buying Fujifilm. I always give this example to my colleagues that these are my brands.
  2. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Dont want to make this a RE vs others Thread,i owned a CI350 for 10 years and a Karizma for 7 and now own a RE500 since past 10 months.
    When it comes to dependability on long rides,and crusing ability,even a Karizma beats all the RE's hands down.
    And now there are many better 2 wheelers available in the market.
    but when it comes to heart over head matters nothing beats a RE.

3. I'm not actually into bikes, so the only bike I really like is a Bullet, so can't really judge in depth regarding bikes attributes. Well said " when it comes to heart over head, nothing comes close to a RE" :)
    1 person likes this.
  4. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    I agree there is a co-relation. Both are offbeat, niche and aspiration products. Both are only for enthusiasts. Both are excellent products but with their share of recurring issues. Lastly, the service experience for both brands is very similar. I own a TBTS and a 90HP and I can tell you, both are heavier in their segments in terms of weight.
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  5. raj29

raj29 Superiore

I really dont see a similarity between FIAT and RE (purely my opinion).
    Altough both might have huge fan following of the brand/vehicle but still not similar.

I own a Punto and have driven one of my friends RE350 extensively and see that we cannot compare both of them in any ways.
    Neither in refinement, nor build, nor relsale or not even brand persception in their respective markets.
    Both give a different kind of thrill down the spine.
    My friend sold his RE350 for almost the same price that he brought it for 3 years ago :helmet and this is common with RE !!

I love both the brands and i now own one -- The FIAT :)
    Planing to buy a RE sometime in the next year, either a 500CL or TBTS500 :evilsmile
    1 person likes this.
  6. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

i bought a RE Machismo in 2000 for 37K and Sold in 2011 for 60K:)
    3 people like this.
  7. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    Man..i should have bought the standard 350 in 2009..It was 80K back then.. Anyways you have proved that automobile is not a depreciating asset :)
  8. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

Kochi/Bangalore
    Wow.. really excited to see this thread..
    i own
    20121021_214348.jpg

and

DSCN2397.jpg

About the brand:
    Both brands have been there since our childhood(atleast mine) and have been used by parents/relatives.. Bullet & Fiat padminis have been cult icons in the yesteryears and are very well known... both have touched our lives at a very early stage...

About the ride: both are made for the highways.. its a gem of vehicle to ride on the highways.. the whole experience is so effortless

About the looks: both vehicles are a beauty in its league.. Road presence, handling etc are best known facts...

About niggles: my take is "you take care of the vehicle, and it will never let you down" ...

Best Corelation: everyone gets amnesia about all the above things once they start riding/driving the Bull/Fiat :).. nothing else matters..

20121021_214348.jpg

DSCN2397.jpg
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2012
    2 people like this.
  9. anoop

anoop Superiore

I can totally relate to Bullet and Fiat because:

Both are choices from my heart
    Once you ride a bullet, you will never satisfied with any other bike - same is the case with Fiat.
    Personally, the feel I get when I ride my bullet on highways (the so called God like feeling) is same as the feeling I get when I drive my Punto.
    Both bullet owners and Fiat owners stick by each other - I have not seen such camaraderie for other brands (may be for harley, but that is totally another league)
    Though, of late, there are lot of show off guys who go for enfields, generally, both Bullets and Fiats are brought by enthusiasts who know what they are getting into.
    Both are real head turners, and IMHO, gives a semi auto geek status to the owners ;)

I always gets attached with all my bikes and cars, but I can still say this : I have owned lot of bikes (20+) and can safely say that though Bullets were some of the most non reliable bikes I had, no other bike have that emotional bonding with me and no other bike gave me the feeling and happiness - there were times I had to push the bike for kilometers and have cursed like there is no tomorrow, but after lot of sweating and swearing, when I fix the bike and ride the bike again, all the past will just be forgotten in a jiffy.

Similar way, what ever may be the past, the moment I crank the engine and take my Punto out of my garage, I forget all the past, and the love story starts again and again.

Dom says in the fist fast and furious movie " I live my life a quarter mile at a time. Nothing else matters: not the mortgage, not the store, not my team and all their bullshit. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free. " This is how I feel when I drive my Punto or ride one of my Bullets. I just love them and no other car\bike evoke the same emotional bonds.

I know this is a controversial subject among bullet enthusiasts. but i swear by Nandan. I still think it is the BEST place to take your bullet if you really understand your bike and want to get your hands dirty. One word of caution - show offs please stay way. Nandan is not your average street side mech. He is MTech graduate and resigned his job in R&D department in a big company to start his garage because of his love - Bullets. Do not go to him expecting a quick turn around or with lot of attitude - he will throw you out. Go with an open mind to learn, and you will never find a better place.

PS: I have sold bullets for much more than what I have brought them. This is one bike which throws the depreciation theory out of the window :)
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
    2 people like this.
  10. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    I dont think there is any co-relation between these two but i do find a fan following.. i have always had a dream of getting a bike of that caliber..
    I may soon own a Thunderbird 500 if my heart takes over my brain .. ;-)
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2012