1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat & Enfield Bullet - Correlation?

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by saroshmk, Oct 26, 2012.

?

Fiat : Cars what the Enfield Bullet : Motorbikes

Poll closed Nov 9, 2012.
  1. I agree, I own a Fiat and i own/once owned an Enfield Bullet

30.8%
  2. Yes, I own a Fiat, but wish I owned an Enfield Bullet (or I am going to get one soon)

32.7%
  3. No, I don't agree - i don't see any similarity

36.5%
  1. saroshmk

saroshmk

Hyderabad
    I've had this question playing on my mind for a while. Is there a strong correlation between Fiat enthusiasts and Enfield Bullet enthusiasts?

At one level, i feel there surely must be since both purchases were once seen as being against conventional wisdom.

Thought I'd setup a poll to find out if we can draw some conclusions based on the poll data. It would also be good to hear comments on whether you see similarities (and why?)

Or perhaps, you don't see a correlation and there is a reason why!

One of the hypothesis I wanted to test is that a bullet enthusiast, at some point, would choose to buy a Fiat.
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2012
    2 people like this.
  2. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    My view is that FIAT enthusiasts are a totally different breed when compared to Bullet enthusiasts.
    Reasons: (strictly my assumption, so pls don't start defending bullet)

BULLET-The normal, not so into automobile janta knows what a bullet is.
    FIAT-Whereas most of the people don't know whether still FIAT makes cars. When I say I drive a punto, my well educated colleagues give me a awkward look and say "what is that?"

BULLET-I feel that people buy bullet just to show off. It is neither a real cruiser nor a bike which is technologically advanced. It is just a male style statement for many. One of my colleague wanted to buy a really old standard bullet which makes lots of thud thud noise. He doesn't even know what a CI(cast iron) engine is.
    FIAT- We definitely don't buy FIAT to show off, but we buy FIAT because we have researched a lot while buying our car and we know what FIAT has to offer. We buy it for our own satisfaction and not to show off to others.

BULLET-when you say you own a bullet, people will go like 'hey, awesome yaaar..'
    FIAT- when you say you own a punto , people will say 'why didn't you buy a swift'

My take would be, If a bullet enthusiast buys a car it would be a SCORPIO,THAR or BOLERO. They would want to be MACHO!

When I was to buy a bike in 2009, I wanted to buy the last lot of STANDARD BULLETS with gears on the right side. I wanted to buy it because I knew I could sell it to someone 5 years down the line calling it as a vintage bike for a much higher price. But I didn't go for it because I wanted a bike on which I can rely practically for my commuting purposes.

Bullets have a design flaw where they tend to leak oil. Once I read somewhere that 'Enfield don't leak oil, they just mark their territory'. I was just LMAO.
    They are completely different breed who completely defend their buy more than us.

Bullet owners never crib about the problems in their bike because they know that they have bought the problem ;)
    Where as we FIAT owners crib about everything, starting from spare part non availability.
    The only common thing between bullet and FIAT is that we all love to go for long drives :)
    12 people like this.
  3. dhans4all

dhans4all Amatore

Chennai
    I always think FIat and Yamaha India has a correlation.

both were in a same situation few years back.
    1 person likes this.
  4. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    Bullet has become alltogether a macho bike for young guys or so called youth icon.I find it amusing and was never attracted to a bullet anytime.One thing in common with of them is Long Drives :-D
  5. Ive come across many fellow members who have FIAT+Bullet/Yamaha+Canon Camera. Call it a co-incidence, but I know atleast 10 ppl with this combination. I have FIAT+Bull+Yamaha but no Canon :(
    2 people like this.
  6. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    naveen, you need to own one to be able to understand what it offers!! all your points may be true but once you start it and slot the gear, all the logic goes out through the exhaust along with the smoke... ;)

once you get into the habit of riding an enfield, you 'll never be satisfied with other bikes in the same category. So the difference really needs to be felt..
    6 people like this.
  7. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    Shams, I totally agree with what you say. Enfield has something to offer and thats why it has so many fans defending it and maintaining it what ever may come.
    I was just trying to say that FIAT nuts and ENFIELD nuts are in a totally different league. People who truly worship enfield and who know that they can maintain it and be happy with it gain my respect but not those people who just buy it just for show off.

And there is no other bike in the same category as Enfield :) Avengers don't even come near :D
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    For me its FIAT-YAMAHA.
    When i first bought my 2 wheeler Yamaha Libero(2003) at that time the sales of yamaha was horrible like the todays FIAT cars,the scenario has changed for Yamaha they have improved alot lot by launching number of models, sets a proper example of sales in auto industry when compared with FIAT sales.

Enfield sounds great with SUV's(4x4) section.
  9. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    twelve years back Royal Enfield was struggling as a company and it was on the verge of shutting down! They used to sell mere 2k units per year with a production capacity of three times more. Siddharth Lal was the man and Thunderbird was the bike responsible for change in the fortunes for RE with its sales numbers. Once it was launched in 2001, RE hasn't looked back.
    Punto did the same to Fiat at a time when it was struggling..
    1 person likes this.
  10. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Fiat-Yamaha...

And now a days Yamaha ray.... because Deepika is there in the advertise... :)