1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Door Projection Lights , DIY Meet - Mumbai

Discussion in 'Team Fiat Meets' started by FastLove, Feb 11, 2013.

1. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    Had one of the most awesome and enjoyable meet with the most talented DIY team in TFI mumbai.

Time - 4pm, Sunday 10/02/2013
    Place - Rabale MIDC, Navi Mumbai. , Anikets Factory.
    TFI Members - Aniket, Shadowfax, Adwaitorama, Punto-er, FastLove

The 4 Cars - Adwaits Oceanic Blue Punto, Puntoers Linea T jet, Fastloves 1.4 Linea, Shadowfax BNW Punto.

The Idea was to install "FIAT Welcome (Puddle) lights" in above 3 cars and Footwell lights in Shadowfax s car (he already had fitted the puddle lights couple of weeks back).

We all reached around 4pm at Anikets factory where all the required tools were available to ensure a smooth operation. Most importantly, a very quite and peaceful place with only FIAT enthusiasts and a handful factory workers around busy with their work.

We had a round of tea before Aniket and Shadowfax got down to getting the door panels out from all 3 cars one by one.

All required screws were Carefully removed or loosened to ensure the wires were easily fitted in. No wires were cut . The connection was taken from the cabin lights and the wires run through to both the front doors where Aniket drilled the holes to precision for all 3 car front doors (6 in total) .

It was a great experience as this is a very first DIY for me as I don't fiddle much with the cars interiors.

Starting at 5pm, we were through with all 4 cars by10pm and the result was just breathtaking. The FIAT logo never looked so good.
    The efforts Paid off :thumbup: and the entire operation went off smoothly without a single glitch.

A special mention for the superlative effort from Aniket and Shadowfax(Srijesh).
    Thanks also to Taizun(puntoer) , Adwait and his and Srijeshs brother for the expert help:)

Afew pictures that I managed to click during the marathon effort..

uploadfromtaptalk1360552974094.jpg
    One last time on the ceiling before going on to the floors forever :)

uploadfromtaptalk1360553031255.jpg
    Aniket doing what he does best :p

uploadfromtaptalk1360553086189.jpg
    Srijesh also doing what Aniket does best:p:D

The cars

uploadfromtaptalk1360553204533.jpg
    The Transporter:D

uploadfromtaptalk1360553255919.jpg
    My boot has a new door:p

uploadfromtaptalk1360553296210.jpg
    FIAT on top:thumbup:

4yga7a5a.jpg

a9uruges.jpg

emame3ap.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1360553762159.jpg
    18 people like this.
  2. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Amazing job..
    It just never fails to amaze me that slowly TFI is becoming a family.
    We dont seem to just love our cars and have meets, we also love to mingle and we all are gear heads not satisfied "Ever" by just what FIAT gives us.

Something or the other comes up every time i log in...
    May this family live together forever and with lot more happiness..
    Great job guys.

- - - Merged Post - - -

There was a time where i spent the first 20 mins of my office time on FB, you know now, where that 20mins have gone :)
    3 people like this.
  3. punto-er

punto-er Amatore

Bengaluru
    It was a great meet indeed. It was great meeting you Fastlove and rest of the gang.

Aniket and Shreej went about their work like thorough professionals. The installs were well planned and cleanly executed with Gorgeous Results. I actually kept my doors opened for a few minutes longer after reaching home for the onlookers to get jealous :devil

The Effort was totally worth it! But we all had some explaining to do back home :D Hope to meet you guys again soon.
    1 person likes this.
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Great DIY get-together guys. Keep up the spirit!

FastLove just got some eyecandy ;)
    4 people like this.
  5. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Wow, its nice to see meets for DIY and members getting involved like a knit :)
  6. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    One that got missed out...

a3apysam.jpg

Eagerly looking at the Labour bill getting generated :)
    yda6uten.jpg

The ones who didn't pay the bill...:D
    dasu6age.jpg
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
    7 people like this.
  7. charan

charan

Bangalore
    I have got this fixed too but due to the slant in the door pad the light projection on the ground is not in a proper circular shape but bit distorted on one side, how did u manage to keep the projector straight?
  8. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    Can you post some pics charan?!

In fact,I kept a deliberate slant to get an oval effect that spreads on a larger area than what a circular logo would do. Adwait got a perfect circle. so, it's about selecting the right spot on the door to drill the holes.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited: May 25, 2013