1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat does not feature!!

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by johnny, May 8, 2011.

1. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    +1 to gurjinder

Yokohomas have big time left pulling problem since they r complete import..Dats y one shud only buy tyres made in india :)
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    OT:

Must be a one off case.

Im running Yoko A-drives on our Palio 1.9D. 15,000kms done and no issues whatsoever. I rotate the tires and get the alignment etc done every 5,000kms religiously.

Gurjinder.
  3. my post might be a very late one but then
    i feel mrf does not have the equipment to make proper shoes for our beauties.
    they can make shoes to what ever company they like but not for fiat.
    that is the class fiat maintains..
    be positive guys. one day or the other we will rise and then all hell will break loose
  4. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    I feel this is taking fan boyism too far. Let's face facts and accept the truth. Everytime someone doesn't consider Fiat doesn't mean it's because Fiat didn't pay them or that MRF doesn't have the equipment to make tyres for Fiat. Fiat is also making cars isnt it? What's so special about the tyres on Linea & Punto that a big company like MRF can't make them. At least in India, MRF has far better brand value then Fiat and if anything, Fiat's brand will get uplifted if MRF makes tyres for them.

With sales of new Fiat's so low, why should MRF bother with making tyres for Fiat?
    Last edited: May 22, 2011
  5. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    +1 to Amit.

For what it is worth, I had a look at JD Power Asia reports for customer satisfaction for OEM tyres. MRF tops for 2010 & 2011 with Apollo ranked second. Goodyear was ranked last with JK & Bridgestone also bringing up the rear. All three brands were ranked below the industry average.

Regards
    Johnny
  6. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    That is funny. My Santro had Bridgestone as OEM and I never ever had a problem with that during my 8+ years of ownership. I went with Bridgestone for first replacement. On second replacement I went for Apollo and they used to squeal at the slightest provocation.
    My Punto Emotion comes with Bridgestone and so far I am happy with its performance.
  7. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Well, let me add my 2 cents as well. JD Power survey is just based on the customer feedback. There aren't too many auto enthusiasts like us. If someone is using MRF in his Zen, would he really give feedback on road noise conqsidering the fact that cabin is not that silent to filter various outside noises. I am using factory fitted CEAT tyres on our 10 years old M800. I am fully satisfied with the 15k Kms it has completed. On the other hand, I find my FIAT's GT3 Goodyear noisy.
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    What is funny is MRF topping the survey.

Seems to be a similar case as of Maruti who top all customer surveys inspite of average products and scoring only on the goodwill they've earned through the years.

MRF tyres are strictly average. Nothing more.

Gurjinder.
  9. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I think that we need to be a little more objective about reviews like JD Power Asia.

Some time back, on this very forum the results of such a survey which put Fiat service as No 2, brought cheer. This is the link: http://www.teamfiat.co.in/forum/sho...ustomer-Service!&p=14458&viewfull=1#post14458

I remember there was one more result that even featured in the Fiat's advertising campaign for a while. (I could not locate this post). If I remember correctly, Fiat was ranked No 1. Once again there was good feeling among TFians.

One cannot condemn such a review if it does not reflect our personal beliefs/biases. It is just the result of polls done with a sample size of about 3000 to 4000. But, whether we like it or not, such reviews will be used by many in their buying decisions.

Regards
    Johnny
  10. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    never rely on any of the surveys, statistics or pie chart as they speak only what is general opinion which may or may not be of an individual interest.