1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat does not feature!!

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by johnny, May 8, 2011.

1. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi all,

I just saw the advert for MRF's ZSLK tyres in today's TOI newspaper.

At the end it says "Available for..." and lists the various brands of cars including Honda, Chevy, Ford, Maruti, Skoda, Hyundai Tata etc, along with compatible models.

For what it is worth, Fiat was conspicuous by its absence!

Is Fiat such a low visibility brand??? Makes me wonder.

Regards

Johnny
  2. Yup its sad but it's quite true. In many of the auto mags also people don't talk about FIAT say with the onslaught of new launches.
  3. vivek_lko

vivek_lko Amatore

Noida
    Well I guess Fiat is still not very much serious about the indian operations. I checked on the the international site of Fiat. If you select Fiat Punto 5 door or even a Linea and then in the "select country" drop down menu , you would find all countries except India. Are they ashamed of their Indian operations that they dont want to to put it on the international site !!! Of course they do have a link to the indian site on fiat.com but none on the car specific pages.

In fact even on Facebook you dont find any official page of Fiat India. There is a "punto true fan page" but you cant call it an official car page since its more to do with the Bryan Adams sponsorship that they had done at that point of time..
    Last edited: May 8, 2011
  4. Shivam

Shivam Amatore

Ludhiana
    We members should collectively do something so that it can reach upto top Fiat India officials.
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    These are the listed sizes for the ZSLK on their website.

175/65R14 82T ZSLK TL
    155/70R13 ZSLK TL
    175/70R13 ZSLK TL
    195/65R15 ZSLK TL

No Punto or Linea comes with any of these sizes. Hence they cudnt have mentioned FIAT.

So how is FIAT at fault for this?? :?:

Gurjinder.
  6. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Good point Gurjinder.

However, the key issue is that a tyre manufacturer introducing an 'improved' technology tyre did not feel the requirement to cater to the Fiat brand - whatever be their reasons.

That is the point that should concern us.

Regards
    Johnny
  7. gurjinder

Punjab
    Because they know that people who buy FIAT know better than to buy MRF:evilsmile

And, lets not gauge FIAT's prestige by the fact that MRF refused to give out sizes found in FIAT's. That would be demeaning the whole legacy of FIAT.

FIAT went for JK Tyres, Good Year and Apollo as factory fitment. So thats one more reason for MRF not to produce sizes found in FIAT's.

Gurjinder.
  8. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    It's quite obvious FIAT just didnt pay MRF to feature..
  9. I think new 2011 Linea in Brazil have 195/65/R15 specification.
    http://linea.fiat.com.br/
  10. gurjinder

Punjab
    Sure.
    But,
    until the Indian Linea comes with 195 65 R15 from the factory, no tyre manufacturer can proclaim 195 65 R15 as the correct fitment for the Indian Linea. They have to go strictly by the book - which says 195 60 R15.

Gurjinder.