1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT Dealers Spares part policies

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by kailashnj, Apr 25, 2011.

?

FIAT Spare parts policy

Poll closed May 25, 2011.
  1. Spare Policy is correct and we agree with FIAT

6.9%
  2. Needs to change the policy and sell parts over the counter

82.8%
  3. Its all dealers fault and its not FIAT policy

6.9%
  4. No comments

3.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Mods Note - Threads Merged.
    Please search before creating new thread.
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Come on now, what is this "restricting the technical know how".

Are other manufacturers distributing or should they distribute self help DVD's titled " How to service your car in the open market" ?? :D

If a person is competent & can learn about the car ( manuals etc available) , he can work on it ; he would'nt need the manufacturer's assistance. Our very own Drifter babu is one such guy.

Parts will be duplicated once a car becomes popular, howsoever tight the manufacturer may keep the supplies. Non-genuine Skoda parts are available easily.

Gurjinder.
  3. chandu.paladugu

chandu.paladugu Timido

Bangalore
    Hi, I may be very late to speak on this thread but a recent incident prompted me to do..

On my way to my hometown - tirupati for my cousin sister marriage, my car has hit a pot hole @ near to chittoor which is knee depth had the front left tire was disintegrated and the car stopped on the middle of the road in a forest kind of place. time was 12.30 AM and with the help of some locals i managed to move the car to a safe place.

The real trouble starts now: We called a mechanic and he inspected and told that the swing arm has been broken. Nearest service center is 60 Kms away which is RDC fiat in vellore. my dad traveled to vellore with the broken part. In the mean time i have googled for the part number and thanks to 99rpm.com i got it very easily. then called RDC fiat for checking in their inventory. but the real deal is they are not accepting to sell the spares over the counter and asked me to bring the vehicle to their service station. this is ridiculous as i am unable to move the car with its own power since the wheel is disintegrated.. i was stunned with the reply and as a poor fiat owner started requesting the ASS people to help me. finally after begging by me over phone and my father in person for an hour they agreed to give the part.

this is soo stupid rule not to sell spares over the counter form fiat which makes people to part ways with their lovable ride no matter how good the car is to drive and solid build and etc etc...

Questions to Fiat management: 1. is this rule set by you or is this a rule set by your dealers. if it is set by you... god only helps fiat to get sales going..
    2.if it is the rules set by your dealers, do something to set right your ASS network otherwise again god only can helps you to set the sales going.. as the dissatisfaction owning a fiat has already started in my heart as well as many hearts.

Mods: Please move it to appropriate thread if this is the wrong place to post.
    Raaz likes this.
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @chandu.paladugu a simple fact like a car or any automotive, is not merely for leisure, but has something to do with economic prosperity and mobility and quick and easy service, which is too much for our babus and politicians to wrap their head around this it seems to have a more customer friendly policy. And this sir is exactly what the Chinese have secured when it comes to common interest of their citizens and nation. You must have already read about CCI, and perhaps copying or parts and technology is an issue that companies face, which can lead them to great recurring financial losses; that is apart from the fact that Fiat already has a smaller rolling and pitching sales and service network. So if you have had a bad experience and I mean no offence, you have not understood that Fiat service spares and availability issues actually also means more challenges to get the work done from a mechanic outside FASS. As mentioned above the model popularity of a car, brand or model line is also a big factor for quick availability of second copies which a marginally inferior or sometimes better too. However, please put a letter to Fiat about this and not on facebook since the more sales are affected the more difficult it can be for present owners too to have a better brand related experience.

I would request you to shrug this thought and try and focus on how you can have a great preventive maintenance and a channel of people who can offer you stress free parts and service experience. And this same applies to all Fiatians even for Pune and Mumbai members inspite of proximity to Fiat plant and logistics centres and some rather better than the lot Service centres. Currently, a well equipped FASS at Mumbai has barely managed to bring things to normal after a very harrowing experience to its customers.
    Raaz likes this.
  5. chandu.paladugu

chandu.paladugu Timido

Bangalore
    Hi sir @asimpleson

In my view restricting of sales of spares over the counter is not solely to prevent counterfeit of parts as spares. if that is the case these spares are available through different channels like 99rpm , kava etc etc.. and any one can buy from these sources if at all they want to copy the spares and sell in black market. Fiat India management might readily knows that.

Parts not in inventory is all together a different issue which i am not trying to prove that fiat is wrong for not keeping the spares in inventory.

Customers have every right to ask for spares over the counter as they may be in a needy situation like my case. especially where service centers are far away and towing the vehicle to that place may be economically not viable and time consuming affair.

The whole point is why cant Fiat or specifically dealers in this matter be customer friendly and not their pocket friendly. If customers are happy that it self is the best marketing tool to get their sales which ultimately will fill their pockets much bigger way than they expect.

Great organizations are build on customers satisfaction and belief and not the other way.
    Raaz likes this.
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @chandu.paladugu, I am already in favour of what the CCI has done to most automotive majors. But the fact is unless there is a national policy by transportation ministry (I guess), the problem with companies not offering counter sale will remain. That is not to say I do not agree with your viewpoints, I totally do. I am not trying to justify Fiat's stand, just trying to highlight some aspects if not all of the entire industry, not just Fiat. And spares design, duplication proliferation is industry wide issue not just Fiat's own. So what I was saying is that inspite of all these issues, we could possibly find ways rather than amplifying anxiety of forum readers. After all our objective is also to find solutions and do our bit. If customers such as yourself keep emailing Fiat somewhere along the way it will be easier for people working there to take it up with higher management about this OTC sales issue. Mind you even hyundai did the same and toyota too. Not Maruti as I have understood lately.
  7. chandu.paladugu

chandu.paladugu Timido

Bangalore
    @ asimpleson Sir,

thanks for your suggestion. if you have any specific mail ID or a channel where we can write to fiat do let me know and i will be ready to share my views with them.

Sorry if i was over reacting for the situation which i had been through but that is how it will be if we are helpless when we need help!
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Oh no please don't apologise. :) The email id could be taken for complaint from Fiat helpline, found on their main website.
  9. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Fiat does not have any policy that part should not be sold over the counter. I was refused coolant over the counter at wheels fiat mohali I complained to fiat and I got apology email from fiat stating it won't happen in future but don't think it would be any different next time I ask any part over the counter.
    puntophile likes this.
  10. puntophile

puntophile Amatore

Indirapuram NCR

Did you get it from ASS finally? Same thing here: both the ASS in Noida refuse selling anything over the counter.